Weird Screen After Leopard Graphics Update

tipoulet

22 posts in this topic

Hello Guys. First, sorry for my english, i don't speak it very well!

So let's talk about my problem:

After a good install of kalyway 10.5.2 on my vaio laptop, i decided to update my graphic card with "Leopard Graphics Update"

Indeed, I was running on a GMA X3100, but there was only one resolution available (1024x768) and i wanted to update it

But after this update and reboot, i have this weird blue screen on the screen

Here is the screenshot

dscn0117fh4.th.jpg

Did someone has the similar problem?

How resolve this probleme?

I've made a research but i didn't find the same prblm....

Could someone help me please?

See my sig. You might need to reinstall with paulicats natit.kext added to kalyway 10.5.2 and that should fix it. Or you can try it without reinstall using kext helper.

Also the graphics update should not have appeared in the first place with 10.5.2 as it was already included. Must have been the res issue your having that triggered that upgrade again.

Thanks for reply 00Diabolic

I'll try what you said.

One more question : Should I take the SpeedStep Kernel? As I have a compatible speedstep intel...

I already tried this last kernel, but when i click on the apple menu on "About this mac", it makes me a endless loop "account opening" each time i click on it...

I thought that it was a bug then i return to the vanilla kernel which works fully...

So what should I do according to you?

IF you have the best results with vanilla id stick with that. Yes you wont have speedstep but vanilla is good for compatability.

If you want to try the speestep kernels they are both listed here with instructions

http://minsong79.tistory.com/10

Id try 9.1 (which is 10.5.1) if 9.2 (10.5.2) does not work for you. netkas SS 9.2 is what came with kalyways disk.

Hi Diabolic

I think i'll remain on vanilla kernel for now. but thanks for advice anyway :(

I success to come back to the desktop screen doing a F8 on single user mode and erasing the AppleIntelIntegrated and AppleIntelGMA kext files

I installed the natit.kext like you said to me to do (i took the natit.kext files on your sig), of course installation with kext helper

but after that, i rebooted, but nothing happened, same resolution (1024*786)

is it normal?

thanks for fast repling :)

Hi Diabolic

I think i'll remain on vanilla kernel for now. but thanks for advice anyway :(

I success to come back to the desktop screen doing a F8 on single user mode and erasing the AppleIntelIntegrated and AppleIntelGMA kext files

I installed the natit.kext like you said to me to do (i took the natit.kext files on your sig), of course installation with kext helper

but after that, i rebooted, but nothing happened, same resolution (1024*786)

is it normal?

thanks for fast repling :)

No thats not normal. You should get the full res of your lcd. For me that is 1280x800. I'm not sure what is your issue now. I would recommend you backup (time machine) and reinstall kalyway 10.5.2 this time use the included command to include paulicats natit.kext and whatever other kext you need also and see if that works for you. The command adds the kext so during the install you pick nothing for video and it will detect your card automatically.

Hope that helps

It's a refresh rate issue it pushes the card(my HP has a x1300) past 60Hz!

you can load a program called "switchres" then set a custom res to your display settings but make the refresh rate 60Hz reboot once or twice, then redo the graphics update!

You will find that the machine will boot with "Switchres" a few times giving you just the resolution you have set up but after a few times then find the normal settings back! I keep it there just for incase one day!?....

SticMAN

Hello Guys. First, sorry for my english, i don't speak it very well!

So let's talk about my problem:

After a good install of kalyway 10.5.2 on my vaio laptop, i decided to update my graphic card with "Leopard Graphics Update"

Indeed, I was running on a GMA X3100, but there was only one resolution available (1024x768) and i wanted to update it

But after this update and reboot, i have this weird blue screen on the screen

Here is the screenshot

dscn0117fh4.th.jpg

Did someone has the similar problem?

How resolve this probleme?

I've made a research but i didn't find the same prblm....

you can load a program called "switchres" then set a custom res to your display settings but make the refresh rate 60Hz reboot once or twice, then redo the graphics update!

You will find that the machine will boot with "Switchres" a few times giving you just the resolution you have set up but after a few times then find the normal settings back! I keep it there just for incase one day!?....

SticMAN

Wow sticMAN I never knew about this. Since I never had that problem. Interesting. You could also use the graphics mode boot flag to get around this also I'm guessing.

SticMAN

How and when can i load this program?

on single mode user?

is this version of the program that i should take http://www.madrau.com/html/SRX/indexSRX.shtml?

thanks you two both

No! you need to delete the x1300 kexts first(also Natit if you loaded it, then boot up in "VGA" mode, load the software, set the resolution, reboot once, then reload the graphics update, reboot for it to work, after a few times normal rebooting you should be back to this

AND

Yes thats the program

@00Diabolic

With the Retail Package I dont get it either! Yes you can use Graphics Mode = aaaaxbbbbxcc@60, but you can't put this in you Boot.plist, it doesn't recognise the @60!?

How and when can i load this program?

on single mode user?

is this version of the program that i should take http://www.madrau.com/html/SRX/indexSRX.shtml?

thanks you two both

Hello there

I've tried SticMAN and there is the result:

dsc0001ll5.th.jpg

:wacko:

I'm becoming crazy !!! when i put the display on 1280*800, i have a blue screen and nothing else! :/

almost on the goal!!!!!.... what can I do now? remain like this? LOL -_-

Hei SticMAN

I have the x1300 mobility... is that the card you have?

In my case, switchres wasn´t able to change the resolution at all... I tried to set a custom resolution(1280x800, which is the native resolution on my laptop in Vista), and after reboot the "availability" section in switchres says "should be available"... but it isn´t... only one resolution is available and that is 1024x768.

If you have managed to get 1280x800 or higher, using x1300 mobility, then I think a lot of people(including myself) would like to know how you did it... :D

SticMAN

Hello there

I've tried SticMAN and there is the result:

dsc0001ll5.th.jpg

:wacko:

I'm becoming crazy !!! when i put the display on 1280*800, i have a blue screen and nothing else! :/

almost on the goal!!!!!.... what can I do now? remain like this? LOL <_<

Tipoulet you have the same graphics I have. Are you using paulicats natit.kext? Also make sure you have the vanilla Framebuffers for the x3100. There is a completely different hacked Frame Buffer used for some none working x3100 graphics (included in kalyways 10.5.2 install). I would bet you have that one and that is exactly what is causing your problem. Here is a look at the frame buffers I have loaded for my x3100 video. See if there the same as yours or different.

75 0 0x34468000 0x18000 0x17000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMAX3100FB (5.2.6) <66 63 18 17 12 7 6 5 4 2>

81 0 0x428b6000 0xc4000 0xc3000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMAX3100 (5.2.6) <67 66 17 12 4 2>

@ztardust

You also might not have the right natit for your card or maybe even the right frame buffer. I dont know your card very well and I think the first time I saw it in your sig I thought it was the x3100 like mine.

Mac has curropted my EDID data on the DVI port. Now whenever I boot into Vista I have to use VGA because the DVI port doesn't work and I can't seem to reflash it.

Tipoulet you have the same graphics I have. Are you using paulicats natit.kext? Also make sure you have the vanilla Framebuffers for the x3100. There is a completely different hacked Frame Buffer used for some none working x3100 graphics (included in kalyways 10.5.2 install). I would bet you have that one and that is exactly what is causing your problem. Here is a look at the frame buffers I have loaded for my x3100 video. See if there the same as yours or different.

75 0 0x34468000 0x18000 0x17000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMAX3100FB (5.2.6) <66 63 18 17 12 7 6 5 4 2>

81 0 0x428b6000 0xc4000 0xc3000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMAX3100 (5.2.6) <67 66 17 12 4 2>

@ztardust

You also might not have the right natit for your card or maybe even the right frame buffer. I dont know your card very well and I think the first time I saw it in your sig I thought it was the x3100 like mine.

You've right, I've the bad framebuffer kext file. Then how can I catch the right framebuffers ?

thankx a lot !

You've right, I've the bad framebuffer kext file. Then how can I catch the right framebuffers ?

thankx a lot !

Easy when you reinstall with kalyway 10.5.2 just make sure you DO NOT pick the x3100 drivers he has listed.

If you added paulicats natit.kext with the included command to add kext it will automatically load the kext without picking a driver in that category. The vanilla frameworks are already there.

Hi Diabolic

I don't understand : on your first reply, you told me to take the paulicat's kext; annd now, i should'nt take it?

Otherwize, I did what you said to me. Result : the same weird blue screen... (reinstall without picking any driver, then installation of the update leopard graphics)

I think i'll give it up...

ok you take paulicats natit.kext and add it to kalyways 10.5.2 dvd and burn it. Then when you install do not pick any of the drivers under video as the natit you added to the dvd will autoinstall.

So your saying you did that and it still does not work?

If it still does not work try this. Boot with the graphics flag. See my boot flags list and try booting with graphicsmode=1024x768 or whatever you want to try and see what you get. Also throw the -v in there and see if it stops anywhere.

Then post back here if you get any other hang ups. There are only 2 know solutions for x3100 and thats paulicats natit and the hacked frame buffers. So one of them has to work for you.