Kalyway 10.5.2 And Onboard Intel HD Audio Problems

mrgee

14 posts in this topic

Hi..

I have successfully installed OS X 10.5.2 from Kalyway.. I now have a Vista and OS X dual boot machine.. Installation went smoothly and everything seems to work fine, except there is no audio..

I have an intel dual processor motherboard D5400XS with onboard Intel HD audio..

As I am a macintosh novice can anyone suggest a fix or patch to get audio working on my new mac os..?

I have searched but been unable to find a solution specific to my needs..

Thanks in advance..

Hi..

Thanks for the response..

But I am a macintosh newbie.. I understand pc's but not macs.. I have downloade on version of the apple hd patcher.. but it just gives this message

Please drag and drop your linux codec dump into the AppleHDA Patcher icon..

Can you explain this..? what is my linux code dump..?

Apologies for what may appear as a basic question..

Thanks..

Hi mrgee, what kind of audio does this motheroboard have? What make/model? eg, Sigmatel 9220... I find the key to hackintoshing is to get to know your hardware. U can look here to:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=45

In the audio section. Look and read lots. Patience is required.

Hi..

The motherboard tech sheet says the onboard audio uses Intel ESB2-E

• IDT STAC9274D audio codec

Dos this help..?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If you have OSx86Tools, click on the bottom option of downloading and installing hardware drivers. For my Intel onboard audio I choose Azalia when asked to choose my audio codec.

Hit download and install.

If during the downloading of these drivers, USB and Video come up also, I would choose to "remove this item" by clicking on them individually and hitting the remove button.

In other words, since audio is you issue, isolate it and only download and install that driver.

I don't recall if OSx86Tools repairs permissions etc, so while you're in that program anyway do the top 3 "SYstem Maintenance" items on that areas left column. (Repair permissions, set extensions permissions, clear extensions cache)

Reboot..

Not the end all be all, but a step in the right direction, and may be the missing link. Also try the other codecs under audio that come up in OSx86Tools..maybe your onboard audio differs from my own.

IIFC, mine was Sigmatel 9200

Joe

• 1 month later...

You guys have any luck getting your audio to work? I am a newb to this. I have an Intel DX38BT motherboard with the STAC9274D audio codec. I've tried the AppleHDAPatcher v1.16 with the STAC9247D solution. It says it installed fine and rebooted but in Sound for output/input it says no devices found. Any other solutions? I am using iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BuildSmart

I have had very good luck with the 9274D-A1 and 9274D-A2 audio on varios boards, so much so that with the help of another we have created a driver that does not break with software update.

Since this is not a patch you apply there is no way you can make it work without knowing a lot about audio and the hardware but I can give you the audio driver after fixing it for your hardware so what is required from you is the information for your audio (you can get this information from the PCITools v3.0 found in XLabs - command is "lspci -nvnv"), your DSDT.aml file and the codec file.

If you don't know what any of this is don't ask, I am not known for my tolerance of explanations, that what google is for, if you can't figure it out and get the information then the solution will be too complicated for you, after all, I will be doing all of the hard word work but I can't/wont guess at any of it.

Here is an example of the section you need to paste:

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device [8086:0419]
Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 22
Region 0: Memory at e3300000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
	Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
	Address: 00000000fee00000  Data: 4093
Capabilities: [70] Express (v1) Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
	DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
		ExtTag- RBE- FLReset-
	DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
		RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
		MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
	DevSta:	CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
	LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed unknown, Width x0, ASPM unknown, Latency L0 <64ns, L1 <1us
		ClockPM- Suprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
	LnkCtl:	ASPM Disabled; Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-
		ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
	LnkSta:	Speed unknown, Width x0, TrErr- Train- SlotClk- DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
Capabilities: [100] #8086

Paste your exact section (I need to see the actual information) and attach your DSDT.aml and codec file and I'll fix up a driver for you.

Once I have created the driver I'll provide the remaining instructions that will be for your specific board.

• 6 months later...
I have had very good luck with the 9274D-A1 and 9274D-A2 audio on varios boards, so much so that with the help of another we have created a driver that does not break with software update.

Since this is not a patch you apply there is no way you can make it work without knowing a lot about audio and the hardware but I can give you the audio driver after fixing it for your hardware so what is required from you is the information for your audio (you can get this information from the PCITools v3.0 found in XLabs - command is "lspci -nvnv"), your DSDT.aml file and the codec file.

If you don't know what any of this is don't ask, I am not known for my tolerance of explanations, that what google is for, if you can't figure it out and get the information then the solution will be too complicated for you, after all, I will be doing all of the hard word work but I can't/wont guess at any of it.

Here is an example of the section you need to paste:

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 01)
 Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device [8086:0419]
 Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
 Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
 Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
 Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 22
 Region 0: Memory at e3300000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
 Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
	 Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
 Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
	 Address: 00000000fee00000  Data: 4093
 Capabilities: [70] Express (v1) Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
	 DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
		 ExtTag- RBE- FLReset-
	 DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
		 RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
		 MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
	 DevSta:	CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
	 LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed unknown, Width x0, ASPM unknown, Latency L0 <64ns, L1 <1us
		 ClockPM- Suprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
	 LnkCtl:	ASPM Disabled; Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-
		 ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
	 LnkSta:	Speed unknown, Width x0, TrErr- Train- SlotClk- DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
 Capabilities: [100] #8086

Paste your exact section (I need to see the actual information) and attach your DSDT.aml and codec file and I'll fix up a driver for you.

Once I have created the driver I'll provide the remaining instructions that will be for your specific board.

Hello,

Is so good know that you are interested in helps the Hackintosh switchers. I try to make work the IDT 92HD81B1X5 High Definition Audio Codec in my HPMini 110. I get this information from my Linux installation. Could you be more explicit in what information we need to start?.

Im sure that We can do that it works and will can help to others.

Thanks!

(My English level is not perfect. Sorry :S)

• 4 months later...