ad 2000b works in snow leo 10.6, 10.6.1 boot 132 method

gary88

23 posts in this topic

Hello to all,

I wanna post a method to get sound with ad 2000b to work in snow leo.

This is for asus p5q deluxe and some other asus boards (ASUS P5Q3, ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe, P6T Deluxe, ASUS Maximus II Formula, and more)

We have to thank "The King" ,who made the AD2000b.kext for boot 132

Important: you need a retail installation of 10.6 snow leo, where you´re patched kexts are located in the extra folder. Chameleon bootloader does create an extra folder.The folder can be on a usb stick too.

It depends on the way of installation you have choosed.

You will need 3 kexts.

First of all the ad2000b kext..... put it in the extra folder of chameleon or boot132 partition

Second HDEFEnabler.kext put it in the extra folder and install it with kexthelper in the System/Library/Extensions

Last HDAEnabler.kext put it in the extra folder and install it with kexthelper in the System/Library/Extensions

That´s it, just restart your system, if sound doesn´t work restart your system again. Now it should work with the 32 and the 64 bit snowleo system !

Much luck

Greetings from

gary

Files: Kexthelper http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jzngetntjyj

HDAEnabler.kext.zip

HDEFEnabler.kext.zip

AD2000b.kext.zip

• 2 weeks later...

That doesn't work for P6T. Only VoodooHDA plus AD2000B and HDAEnabler get it to work. Still waiting for a complete solution, because with this, only Line OUT run and not very well. For example, apple audio editors Logic 9 and Garageband reduce the system sampling frequency from 192.000 (if you choose it in Audio Utility), or even 48000 to 44100 automatically. Mic show in the audio preference pane, so don't work... etc. Unfortunately, not so easy...

(No funciona en ASUS P6T. Solo con VoodooHDA y AD2000B mas HDAEnabler se consigue el sonido. Hay que seguir esperando una solucion mejor, porque asi, solo se consigue hacer sonar el sistema por Line OUT y no funciona bien del todo. Por ejemplo, al abrir Logic o Garageband, la frecuencia de muestreo se posiciona en 44100 por si sola, aunque en el sistema este configurada a otro valor. Ademas, la entrada de microfono no va, y tampoco las entradas fisicas de phones y mic de delante.)

• 1 month later...

Great, Thanks!!!

I was using VoodooHDA but took more time to boot and sound cracks at startup and shutdown...

Now boot is faster and all inputs are listed in system information!!!

I'll test the other connections, right now main output works.

• 1 month later...

Gary ;) ,

A million thanks for posting this here!

I especially appreciate that you attached the relevant files.

I'm sure I must have 5 different versions of the various files after reading dozens of posts.

I'd been trying for over 2 weeks to get this working!

For the first time in 2 weeks I have heard sound from my hackintosh! :)

Even works after waking from sleep!

I have one question - Earlier today, I tried adding a HDEF section to the DSDT file - it didn't work at the time I did it, but the settings are still in there. Do you happen to know if the Device (HDEF) ... section must be in the DSDT for this to work?

(My Motherboard is a P5Q Deluxe)

Thanks again Gary for completing the last major piece of my Mac Puzzle. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all,

I've been having a huuuuge issue with this codec. I think i've tried almost everything and nothing. I'm so close to give up and buy new sound card :construction: . I've decided to post one more time and ask for a advice. I'm running retail Mac OS Snow Leopard 10.6.4 with Asus Maximus III Formula with SupremeFX X-FI sound card on the board which use ad2000b codec.

I'm very desperate and i beg anyone for any hint.

Best regards

Hi all,

I've been having a huuuuge issue with this codec. I think i've tried almost everything and nothing. I'm so close to give up and buy new sound card :( . I've decided to post one more time and ask for a advice. I'm running retail Mac OS Snow Leopard 10.6.4 with Asus Maximus III Formula with SupremeFX X-FI sound card on the board which use ad2000b codec.

I'm very desperate and i beg anyone for any hint.

Best regards

Just follow gary's instruction, work as charm, keep the original Applehda. Put those kext on Extra folder (not Extra/Extention) and install the kext by kext utility.

I've tried many methods as you did and nothing's work. But this one amazing! Thank's again Gary!

One more question:

My Mac OS version is 10.6.3 so AppleHDA is probably different than this in 10.6.0-2 . Shall i keep original AppleHDA kext from:

- 10.6.3 version

- 10.6.4 version

- or different one?

Cheers vedder

Just try both, mine is 10.6.4 :( or you may try Fabio's AppleHDA http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=68973 .

Uninstall your previous patch (like azalia, voodoo, etc)

I got my AD2000B on my P5Q-E working with voodooHDA since there was sometimes no Sound with the Kext when i rebooted from my Windows System.

It worked great with Shutdown + Restart, but not with reboot from Windows System.

Maybe People using ASUS Maximus III Formula with SupremeFX X-Fi should give VoodooHDA a try too.

Because the only thing that Card has in common with a X-Fi from Creative is the name.

It is based on AD2000B and works pretty well with VoodooHDA, i tried the Kext but it didnt work for this Card but VoodooHDA + VoodooHDA Prefpane works pretty well with Front/Back Line Out and Mic In

Read this thread (read the whole thread!) for more info on how to get AD2000B sound working:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...ic=465&st=0

Get ad2000b.kext + DSDT patch from here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1425469

Then get the bin-patched AppleHDA.kext from here, if you're on 10.6.3:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1437100

Or from here, if you're on 10.6.4:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1491108

Hello Snowboarder1982

for me Voodoo HDA-0.2.61 from here did the job for the Maximus Formula III.

But it seems that this version is not hosted there anymore, so maybe you should give a newer version a try.

As PrefPane is used this 64Bit Version.

gl

EDIT: VoodooHDA 2.7.1 from there is also working for me with the 64Bit Prefpane. And i think the Installer Version has the PrefPane included.

EDIT2: Of course you should check if you have HD Audio enabled for you Device in your BIOS.

And i forgot to Mention that i added HDA EFI-String with EFI-Studio 1.1

Maybe you need to add an EFI-String, maybe you dont, as far as i know VoodooHDA doesnt need it, but if nothing works for you, you could give it a try.

Thank you so much for your advice and links guys. I'm very appreciate for this!!!!

Yes, I will try all of this methods posted here. Recently I'm trying to find out how to dump keys from RegistrEditor in Windows 7 as suggest The King. He says:

"Open RegistryEditor and search for PinConfig

Dump all keys if there are more, in particular should be one bigger that contain all PinConfigOverRides(aka codec verbs)"

So, find the PinConfig is not the problem but how can I Dump this keys?

I was looking some answers on the internet and nothing. Could you suggest me something?

I dont know why you need the PinConfig. Are you trying the DSDT Method?

Anyways

Rightklick "PinConfigOverrideVerbs" >> Export >> Save File

Now this .reg file contains all keys from PinConfigOverrideVerbs

But i dont know how to use them for your purpose, but thats the way you make a registrydump.

For the VoodooHDA Method:

Make sure you disabled all AD2000B and HDAEnabler Kexts you installed before. Else there could be compatibility Problems and that could be the reason why this doesnt work for you.

gl

ok so i've got some fun with VoodooHDA.kext 0.2.62-10.6 . It comes with VoodooHDA.kext , VoodooHDA.prefPane and voodoohdahelper.

What i did is:

1. Install VoodooHDA.kext through Kext Helper than Kext Utility and restart

2. Add VoodooHDA.prefPane for all users on the computer

When i go to Contents - Hardware - Audio (Built-in) i can see:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 12

When i go to prefPane i can choose between 4 options

1. VoodooHDA 1:

2. VoodooHDA 2:

3-4 are the same VoodooHDA SPDIF-out

When i click on voodoohdahelper than in console i get this: voodoohdahelper

I've also tried to add HDA string through EFIStudio but there are only 4 possibilities that goes like that:

Display

Ethernet

AZAL

HDEF

I've plugged to my sound card SPDIF cable as well as 3-jacks (black, orange and green colors) and still no sound.

Any suggestions?

Hello...again

Try to open you System Preferences > Output > There you select the Output you are currently using > SPDIF-out (Rear) ... i guess ...

and try it again.

If this doesn't work for you get rid of any HDAUDIO injection you are already using (DSDT, HDEF String from EFIStudio, HDA-Enabler,...whatever else you already tried) and just try it with VoodooHDA without Injection of any kind.

You will know that any injection is turned off when Intel High Definition Audio doest show up in System Profiler anymore.

gl

PS: If none of this works out for you i could just offer you to login via TeamViewer or VNC(Screensharing) and try to help you with this. Just send me a PM if you want so...

EDIT: I tried the VoodooHDA 2.7.1 Installer now, it already includes 64Bit PrefPane. And still everything works for me.

Just make sure you set "PCM" to max on the Prefpane for the Output you want to use.

EDIT2: This Big grey button on the left hand side unlocks the settings in the Prefpane.

The biggest Problem in your configuration seems to be that you have tried so many different things to get Sound to work and you forget to return to the original state before trying VoodooHDA.

So, as i wrote before, get rid of any injection of any kind, return your AppleHDA.kext to the original one from 10.6.4 (i guess you run 10.6.4) and take a look in SystemProfiles > Software > Extensions > make sure that only VoodooHDA.kext is loaded, and that AppleHDA.kext is NOT loaded when you are using VoodooHDA.

Get ad2000b.kext + DSDT patch from here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1425469

Or from here, if you're on 10.6.4:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1491108

Hi Gringo!

...and Hello to the rest of You, also :(

I'm also trying to get my sound working on Snow Leo Vanilla 10.6.4 install (AD2000B on ASUS P5Q-E and HDMI out on nVidia GTX 470).

It's almost plain install - only using fakesms.kext v2.5 and LegacyAppleYukon2.kext for Marvell 8056 in /E/E.

For Sound:

I patched my DSDT (in DSDT editor, choose HDEF and AD2000B patches)

Device (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x10)

{

"subsystem-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0xA0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

"subsystem-vendor-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00

},

"codec-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x9B, 0x98, 0xD4, 0x11

},

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

"device-type",

Buffer (0x17)

{

"Analog Devices AD2000B"

},

"model",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"AD2000B"

},

"built-in",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

Then I downloaded AD2000b.kext and put it in /E/E, bin patched AppleHDA.kext and put it in /S/L/E, run pfix rebooted and now I have the situation You can see in the attached Screenshot.

Problem for me is that not all outputs are listed in the System Preferences->Sound (especially front Headphones and mic ports).

Can You help me?

Somebody else?

Thanks.

post-307654-1286024421_thumb.png

Problem for me is that not all outputs are listed in the System Preferences->Sound (especially front Headphones and mic ports).

Sorry, I can't help. You have more than I do, I don't have the Microphone listed.

My PC case does not have HD front panel so it's set to non-HD in the BIOS, maybe that's why I'm not seeing the microphone.

I don't have any working inputs on the back of the case - I didn't try the front panel yet. But I'm very happy to have two outputs, it's nice for watching movies, just change the output in VLC and the sound goes to the TV.

And yes the P5Q-E is a really nice Hackintosh platform, you don't need to do much to get it running.

If you'd like to use the Marvell PATA controller, get SuperVIAATA.kext. There's also a skge.kext for the Marvel 8001 LAN. Make sure to get the version that's patched for Snow Leopard.