AppleHDA for Realtek ALC1220 - 10.12.3 - 278.56

About This File

According to @dgsga he changed the files ALC1150, he obtained audio to your ALC1220, starting from this principle, I did the same, I've modified my files ALC1150 and asked him to try for me and he gave me feedback positive.

he also confirmed to me that Asus uses a different id (0x10ec1168) while other manufacturers use (0x10ec1220), the same was confirmed by toleda here.

So Asus uses ALC S1220A and other manufacturers ALC1220.

it seems that now everything works well.

Instructions in the README file.

You need this patch for HDA controller in your config.plist:

<dict>				<key>Comment</key>				<string>200 Series Audio Controller patch</string>				<key>Find</key>				<data>				cKE=				</data>				<key>Name</key>				<string>AppleHDAController</string>				<key>Replace</key>				<data>				8KI=				</data>			</dict>			

What's New in Version 278.56   See changelog

Released

• fix typos (thanks vandroiy2012 for the information)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm confused, how do I apply this? I've decompiled all my DSDT/SSDT files using ("iasl -da -dl *.aml" in Terminal), but when I copy the patch text into the Patch window in MaciASL I just get "2 Patches, 0 Changes, 0 Rejects".

This is because you have already applied this patch in your DSDT.aml then you just need to change the number of Layout_id that this being injected for 7

layout-id", Buffer() { 0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n

Hm, weird. I've injected layout id 7 in Clover and installed the kext, but I still have no audio devices.

thanks for you feedback, let me know your specifications.

Here's my Clover folder (with aml files), IORegistryExplorer dump, DPCIManager bootlog:
https://github.com/NewsGuyTor/{censored}/blob/master/ALC1220%20Newsguytor%20Files.zip

---------------------

File: audio_codecdetect.command_v2.1

HDMI audio codec(s)

Onboard audio codec
Device: Not supported
Realtek: 0x10ec1220

OS X/10.12.3 Onboard Audio
Device: HDEF@1F,3
Audio ID: Not supported
Current Audio ID: 7 (valid: 1, 2, or 3)

-----------------

Hope that can be helpful. My system is:

Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming

Intel Core i5-7600k

Nvidia GTX 970

Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVMe SSD

32GB Ram

• Like 1

Hi Mirone...

just some info... off "topic request"

could you provide more info about the codec id (0x10ec1220) and his correct name (ALC1220),

like "some" revision ID you find?

I would like to catch this infos to add it later in the varius bootloader and utility to get codec info...

--> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285277-getcodecid-command-line-tool-to-detect-codec-id/?p=2361404

Example: the difference between ALC888(0x0888) and ALC1200(0x0888) is in the revision (ALC1200 has Revision Id: 0x100101)

Cordially

ErmaC

• Like 1

Hi ErmaC, 

I'm still getting some files from Users, when I have a material considerable I'll send you.

• Like 1

Here's my Clover folder (with aml files), IORegistryExplorer dump, DPCIManager bootlog:

https://github.com/NewsGuyTor/{censored}/blob/master/ALC1220%20Newsguytor%20Files.zip

---------------------

File: audio_codecdetect.command_v2.1

HDMI audio codec(s)

Onboard audio codec
Device: Not supported
Realtek: 0x10ec1220

OS X/10.12.3 Onboard Audio
Device: HDEF@1F,3
Audio ID: Not supported
Current Audio ID: 7 (valid: 1, 2, or 3)

-----------------

Hope that can be helpful. My system is:

Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming

Intel Core i5-7600k

Nvidia GTX 970

Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVMe SSD

32GB Ram

please, send me your codec_dump in PM.

• Like 1

Hi Mirone...

just some info... off "topic request"

could you provide more info about the codec id (0x10ec1220) and his correct name (ALC1220),

like "some" revision ID you find?

I would like to catch this infos to add it later in the varius bootloader and utility to get codec info...

--> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285277-getcodecid-command-line-tool-to-detect-codec-id/?p=2361404<--

Example: the difference between ALC888(0x0888) and ALC1200(0x0888) is in the revision (ALC1200 has Revision Id: 0x100101)

Cordially

ErmaC

In IORegistryExplorer, I have revision-id <00 00 00 00>. My board is a GA-Z270X-UD5. Hope that helps.

The kext is also not working for me. If needed, I can provide a codec dump tomorrow.

@Mirone

This may be a silly question but have you tried replacing either of the Skylake Sunrise Point device-id's in the AppleHDAController binary with the device-id of the Kaby Lake audio controller? The Sunrise Point audio controller device id's are a170 or 9d70, so in Clover you would do a find (70a1 or 709d) and replace (byte-swapped Kaby Lake id) kext patch...

@Mirone

This may be a silly question but have you tried replacing either of the Skylake Sunrise Point device-id's in the AppleHDAController binary with the device-id of the Kaby Lake audio controller? The Sunrise Point audio controller device id's are a170 or 9d70, so in Clover you would do a find (70a1 or 709d) and replace (byte-swapped Kaby Lake id) kext patch...

Yes, But without any success, I'm trying

another path.

@Mirone, This change is confirmed working on 200 series. Tested on Asus Prime Z270-P

AppleHDAController

Find 70a1

Replace f0a2

• Like 1