OC Build Wizard 1.2

2 Screenshots

About This File

OCBuild-Wizard-512x512x32.png

OC Build Wizard is a simple app that I use to build OpenCore, whether it's the official Acidanthera version or the modified Btwise version.

It's an application I developed for personal use, so don't expect it to be a 'Super App' or anything like that. Anyway, I hope it proves useful for some people.

You must have Xcode or Command Line Tools installed.

P.S: If this is an issue for the Acidanthera development team, please contact me. Some of you know where to find me outside of IM.

Edited by Mirone

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

• An NSScrollview has been added so you can track the script's progress.
  • A function has been added to display the time OpenCore took to build.
  • The UI has been updated making the App more modern.
  • Some small bugs fixed.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks @Mirone for the builder!! My dear friend, what you think about Clover plist with our parameters from individual hardware? Or Opencore? is possible build a tool like that? Thanks !! 

• Like 1

Edit to English:

Hello my dear brother, how are you Ramiro? I haven't seen you here in a while, I wanted to thank you for your time for giving us this opportunity to build a bootloader, always welcome.

I tested your program yesterday on my Desktop Raptor Lake but it didn't build, it gets stuck on a screen, I'll send you the print if I need it.

As for Config.plist my brother, the biggest difficulty today that I notice, the huge differences between hardware (like a laptop to a desktop, and a certain generation of processors) is the configuration of the Quirks or the parameters in Clover that are very different.

The config.plist for example on my Laptop goes up easily with a few parameters, unlike the Desktop which requires many others. The guides we have for Clover, for example, don't "hit" almost anything, unlike Opencore, where most guides help a lot.

I'm talking about a program that can eventually prepare the plist according to the hardware's needs, for example, with Clover, which is fantastic to use. What this program could detect would be Clover's fixes, in the DSDT tab for example.

If there was a program like that, it would be awesome. I gained 10 seconds of boot time on Clover just by changing them, but it already came to my intel Kaby Lake.

Hugs friend!!

Below is a printout of where the cool ones are as an example.

Laptop Kaby Lake 

image.thumb.png.c4239be956f82d81128201e8f2039870.pngimage.thumb.png.4afb7679b4a7c30178b303eaf1699a4e.png

Edited by Max.1974

PT-BR:

Olá @Max.1974, tudo bem? espero que sim, bem agora eu entendi o que você quis dizer, com relação a esse aplicativo que você sugeriu acho que seria meio complicado devido a complexidade de cada hardware ter sua peculiaridade,  você pode ter um Laptop intel de 10° geração de uma fabricante como a Lenovo e ter um da Dell por exemplo, embora possam utilizar o mesmo processador, chipset, etc... podem ter a ACPI um pouco diferente ou qualquer outra coisa diferente o que tornaria esse Aplicativo ser um Auto-Detect muito trabalhoso ou quase impossível de se desenvolver devido a complexidade, mas eu posso estar bem enganado e possa ser algo fácil para alguém e no futuro esse alguém possa desenvolve-lo. com relação ao OC Build Wizard travar em uma tela especifica, você poderia me enviar print? OC Build Wizard  gera um Log em: /tmp, embora esse Log possa estar em branco, de qualquer maneira em minha máquina ele leva em torno de 10 minutos para construir ambas versões.

Eng-US: 

Hello @Max.1974, how are you? I hope you're doing well. Now I understand what you meant regarding the application you suggested. I think it would be somewhat complicated due to the complexity of each hardware having its peculiarities. You could have a 10th generation Intel laptop from a manufacturer like Lenovo and another one from Dell, for example. Even though they may use the same processor, chipset, etc., they could have slightly different ACPI or any other differences. This would make developing an Auto-Detect feature for this application very laborious or almost impossible due to the complexity. However, I could be completely wrong, and it might be something easy for someone, and in the future, that someone might develop it.

Regarding the OC Build Wizard freezing on a specific screen, could you send me a screenshot? OC Build Wizard generates a log in: /tmp, even though this log may be blank. Anyway, on my machine, it takes about 10 minutes to build both versions.

Edited by Mirone
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot my friend, I will try again and wait but the print is here 

God bless you

After while I'll post log here 

:thumbsup_anim:

Captura de Tela 2024-02-20 às 22.28.52.png

Hello @Mirone im wait a few hours and only get this line on log file 

nvram: Error getting variable - '4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version': (iokit/common) data was not found

Maybe is necessary use Opencore on EFI partition ?

Im using Clover r5156 

Thanks!!! 

PT-BR: @Max.1974, vou lhe enviar uma versão por PM para que você teste, se você usar a partição que esta instalado OpenCore irá funcionar sim, porém alterei o código para que possa funcionar quando o usuário esteja utilizando Clover, espero que funcione bem.

EN-US: @Max.1974, I will send you a version by PM for you to test, if you use the partition that is installed OpenCore will work yes, but I changed the code so that it can work when the user is using Clover, I hope it works well.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mirone said:

@STLVNUB, I uploaded a new version, please test it and let me know if it worked well.

All Good

Neat Program Well Done 

• Like 2

Is It Possible To have The Progress Meter Be

A Time Left One

That Is

-------                                 Time Left

2:00 Minutes

If You Get My Drift

And Where Is It Putting The Build

Oh I See Home Directory Nice

@Mirone my friend, im test and works very well, very fast compilation, and great result in complied Opencore 0.9.9 versions, DEBUG and RELEASE. 

Congrats and Thank You!!! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Is It Possible To have The Progress Meter Be

A Time Left One

That Is

-------                                 Time Left

2:00 Minutes

If You Get My Drift

And Where Is It Putting The Build

Oh I See Home Directory Nice

A progress meter is not possible, at least not at this moment, and I'm not sure if it would work well because even the macOS installer can't accurately determine the remaining time to complete the system installation. Another thing is that the time it takes to build OpenCore can vary from computer to computer; for example, on mine, it takes about 9 minutes.

1 hour ago, Mirone said:

A progress meter is not possible, at least not at this moment, and I'm not sure if it would work well because even the macOS installer can't accurately determine the remaining time to complete the system installation. Another thing is that the time it takes to build OpenCore can vary from computer to computer; for example, on mine, it takes about 9 minutes.

You Set Up Known Points

i.e Compiling GCC Takes X Amount Of Time

Downloading Takes X Amount Of Time

Won't Be Accurate But At Least You Have Some Idea How Long It Will Take

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mirone said:

Hi @chris1111, I didn't understand your question. Could you please be clearer?

See Pics

image.thumb.png.177e9862cfdfa91bfe01ad9d860fa208.png

You can 

do script (open firstScript)

Set the Terminal to open the script; on that way User will see what append

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

@chris1111,

Now I understand, alright. My application was written in Swift. I could do that, but I don't see much need to stare at a screen full of texts, especially when you can minimize the application and perform other tasks. If there's an error during compilation, a message will be displayed, but if the user wants to look at that text screen, I redirected the output to the log file. As I mentioned earlier, I wrote this application for my personal use and decided to share it here because it could be useful to someone else. This application is solely intended for building OpenCore. I'm not sure if I'll implement improvements in the future; it's uncertain. Either way, I appreciate your suggestion, my friend.

The Log file is generated in: /tmp

OCBuldWizard_Log.png.9b8c18606f679f962077c9a31dada4cb.png

Edited by Mirone
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mirone said:

@chris1111,

Now I understand, alright. My application was written in Swift. I could do that, but I don't see much need to stare at a screen full of texts, especially when you can minimize the application and perform other tasks. If there's an error during compilation, a message will be displayed, but if the user wants to look at that text screen, I redirected the output to the log file. As I mentioned earlier, I wrote this application for my personal use and decided to share it here because it could be useful to someone else. This application is solely intended for building OpenCore. I'm not sure if I'll implement improvements in the future; it's uncertain. Either way, I appreciate your suggestion, my friend.

The Log file is generated in: /tmp

The process build OC is verry long so my suggestion using terminal avoid App not respondig like @STLVNUB said

Check in Apple Menue - (Force to Quit)

image.png.5774f70b3d0d81d5a02e2e0b8b6502f8.png

if the app Not reponding when you build with the Original app you have build

• Like 1

@chris1111,

In the case of @STLVNUB, it wasn't responding for other reasons, and that has already been fixed. Staring at a terminal screen won't prevent the application from freezing, as I mentioned earlier. OC Build Wizard was built for my own use, meaning to meet my own needs. It is what it is, and people can choose to use it or not. There are numerous other applications with the same function or even better ones; I'm not competing with anyone.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm giving you suggestions and don't take it the wrong way

• Like 2

@chris1111,

Here it is, oops, the screenshot of the version I haven't shared here yet. Wow, but to me, this looks so ugly and cluttered with various texts on a single screen. The thing is, besides having a hobby as a developer, I also have a background as a designer. However, the difference is that I have actually worked as a professional designer.

OCBuidwizart_outpuText.png.3cc240c607646911fa34172a4e4c632d.png

• Like 2

De minha parte, gosto mais assim, além disso, se você olhar o OCLP, ele também exibe o processo nos aplicativos :P

• Like 1