Wiki Hardware Organization

hode

5 posts in this topic

In the wiki, there is the "10.4.4 working hardware" section and there is the "10.4.4 unworking hardware" section. They really should be combined into just "10.4.4 hardware" with a "did you get it working yes/no" flag. Spreading the information out is not helping development because there aren't enough eyes going to the unworking hardware section.

PS, there are too many forums as well. But I can live with that, lets get the wiki right. Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion, hode.

I think the argument could be made for separate lists, but you bring up a very good point.

What do others think? If you agree with hode, would you be willing to take the time and rearrange them?

I'm happy with the Wiki HCL the way it is... Then again, I'm probably just used to it that way :D

I'm sure I wouldn't mind if it gets reorganized. I would also be willing to help out, once a new scheme for the organization is decided on.

I have yet to comb posts here that mention patching a plist to make this or that device work. I have created a patch page, on which there's a table (2 entries I entered) that lists (not necessarily in this order) the kext that needs editing, what PNP ID needs to be changed, what value to put in, and where the working kext comes from (or other comments regarding making it work).

I'd be delighted if someone did a search through posts here to gather at least one or two lines to append to that table. If enough of us work at that, ultimately we'll have a big table saying what patches most all not-directly-supported hardware needs... and between that and the compatibility list, people will have advance knowledge of what extra steps they need take to achieve functionality.

The HCL therefore could have the "NO" entries linked to the patch list in those cases where there is a solution.