How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 1G with FW 2.2

Ninja9

32 posts in this topic

Apparently you suffer from short term memory problems. You after all, came here (from your first post) to boast that your method was the best. Why did you do that if you aren't a flamer? Flamer.... with a superority complex. You felt is necessary to one up me. If you method is SOO great why not create your own guide and post elsewhere.... Anyways, enough of this back and forth nonsense. That is all I have to say on the matter. Why are you lurking in my thread anyways???? If I could ban you I would, you troll. But thanks for making my guide #1!

My way is extremely clear-cut, and explains workarounds for problems that may arise. Some of the things that happen in yours, don't happen in mine. For example, you won't need to use BossTool to free up space because there will be no need to free up space. Also, BossTool has a chance (it has happened to me and a couple other people) to screw up certain applications on the phone/touch and even brick it. Not only is my way the most clear-cut, but it's the safest, as well. You really shouldn't be calling me a flamer for boasting in your thread when you created an entire topic dedicated to your "awesome and best" way to jailbreak it.

i wonder if anyone can help with this, got my ipod in january, and recently upgraded to 1.1.4 before i found out i can do a jailbreak and install other software on it

managed to follow the process to downgrade to a 1.1.1, but now it wont connect to my wifi, if i upgrade it again, i can connect via wifi, but when i downgrade to 1.1.1 again, still wont connect, which means i cant go to jailbreakme.com in 1.1.1 mode :)

no one got any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Since two or three days there is a ZiPhone v3.0.

It is even easier than with previous versions.

No more need of fix nvram, for instance.

I used it with my daughter's 16 GB iPod Touch and in less that 3 minutes it was done.

It is a good idea to upgrade to 1.1.4 previously.