Recommend a Bluetooth USB dongle?

wywywywy

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've got JaS 10.4.8 pretty much setup (well its dead at the moment, but I am determined to fix it). And I would like to use a genuine Apple set of wireless keyboard & mouse.

I've bought the keyboard and mouse already, but I am not sure which Bluetooth dongle should I go for. The reason is, I suspect a lot of those on the market won't work due to the lack of driver.

So can anyone recommend a Bluetooth USB dongle that definitely works with hackintosh please?

Ideally one with the same chipset as used in a genuine Mac machine.

Thanks.

You can go for the DLink DBT-120 and the realated apple firmware.

Some BT-Modules that apple used were identical to this USB-Dongle and Apple provides a firmware for it in its download section. Once patched it can't be used under Windows but shows up as "internal BT" on your Mac or Hack.

==EDIT==

Here's the link to the firmware foound in my signature as well.

cheers

I have USB dongle by HST with Bluetooth and IR port. It works in Hackintosh without any additional drivers but only in system 10.4.9 and up. No chance in 10.4.8.

Apple Bluetooth Software Version:	1.7.14f14

vend_device:

Version:	0.08
 Bus Power (mA):	500
 Speed:	Up to 12 Mb/sec
 Product ID:	0x110a
 Vendor ID:	0x0e55

Bluetooth HCI:

Version:	3.73
 Bus Power (mA):	500
 Speed:	Up to 12 Mb/sec
 Product ID:	0x1001
 Vendor ID:	0x1131

Second vendor is Philips.

http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/iii/?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
You can go for the DLink DBT-120 and the realated apple firmware.

Some BT-Modules that apple used were identical to this USB-Dongle and Apple provides a firmware for it in its download section. Once patched it can't be used under Windows but shows up as "internal BT" on your Mac or Hack.

==EDIT==

Here's the link to the firmware foound in my signature as well.

cheers

Dredging this up. Will this USB Bluetooth module and firmware work with 10.5.6 Leo?

Thanks