Ok, how about Q then?

56 posts in this topic

Working here - never got it to work before.

1 Hour into a W2k AS install, mouse is a bit bouncy but seems ok.

If I can get Domino Designer to work on this, I can switch. Forever. As it stands at the moment, I've got DD running on a wintel box in the loft, and I VNC into it....still feels wrong though ;-)

This is a stunning effort by Mike.

//R

Installed Windows XP Corporate Minimal Install with SP2 (177MB, available on net, google it). Installed and worked without any problem. Few suggestion to newbee. If your video card does not have 2D acceleration (Core Image and Quartz Extreme), mkae sure to select Q->Preferences->Display->QuickDraw. Otherwise other options (OpenGL and Quartz) are working with 2D video acceleration.

One question, how can I install any programs in Q XP?

Many thanks to Q team to atleast make the Windows working in MacIntel. Waiting for virtulization.

From my understanding and what I've read from the developer, many of Q's issues come from the GCC 4.0 conversion. The PC and Linux (and PowerPC) builds were all GCC 3.3, which does not play well on the Intel Mac.

So it's just a mater of time before they get it running the same, and then get that virtualizer kernel extension working.

Then it will be awesome. =) (more awesome than it is now.)

Actually, you can get an universal fat-targeting gcc 3.3 from http://darwinsource.opendarwin.org/Roots/8..._os.root.tar.gz, and it works like a charm :P

Windows 2000 sure works faster than XP. It installed great, though I found a few issues when trying to get up to SP4. After borrowing a login screen DLL from another computer, it got there though.

Daemon Tools works great.

Nero Installed, though haven't tried it yet.

UltraISO installed fine, but I could not get it to make an ISO of a CD. The progress would not update, but it kept running and didn't stop. My 670 MB CD grew to a 2GB then 3GB image file on the hard disk before I End-Tasked it.

Photoshop would not install. Even with the proper serial number (which I used under non-Q windows XP), it said it was the wrong one. I was curious to see how slow Photoshop was under Q vs Photoshop under Rosetta.

AutoCAD 2006 would not install. Can't remember the error off hand.

Never did get Q's networking back to osx to work. Ended up browsing to osx's IP address, and maping the network drives in windows explorer. If you have a "Saved" session in Q, then reboot osx and reload the saved session, it will not restore the network drives without rebooting the windows session.

I noticed my network connection back to OSX is only 10mbits/s. Anyone able to get theres to 100mbits/s? I'm guessing it's the limits of the emulated network card?

even 100mbits/s is a limitation since I usually see 1gb on other emulation. Let's not forget that the author and team are working very hard on this for us. I'm sure when it gets out of beta, things will run smoother.

If you have a "Saved" session in Q, then reboot osx and reload the saved session, it will not restore the network drives without rebooting the windows session.

That happens to me under Win2k session so I usually shut down the session. It only takes 20 seconds from bios to desktop so I feel okay with it.

That happens to me under Win2k session so I usually shut down the session. It only takes 20 seconds from bios to desktop so I feel okay with it.

Yeah, it is pretty quick, though I do love the instant on with the saved sessions :) It's a lot quicker than coming out of Hibernating under regular windows.