Atheros Network Drivers

TheMaxx32000

381 posts in this topic

...hey folks, I was doing a bit of reading...and found this little tidbit of knowledge that got my D-Link AirPlus XtremeG DWL-G520 working as AirPortExtreme...take a look here  http://brielle.sosdg.org/archives/542-Fixing-Wifi-Isses-On-Some-Macs-10.8.x-including-10.8.4.html ...i installed the kext from 10.7.3 ( IO80211Family.kext) from the zipped package found on that page...and this little injector 763-AtherosFix.kext.zip ...both installed in /S/L/E and rebooted...here's what i now have on 10.8.3

post-11772-0-80578200-1392086780_thumb.png  :smoke:

...all this on an old salvaged Intel D945GNT board with a PentiumD(Presler)940...even using an old IDE HDD ...and of course Andy's  patched kernel for 10.8 ...just sayin'

Anything with a supported wi-fi chip should work, PCI card or USB stick. I don't keep up with these things, I have the AR9485 myself which is why I happen to know that there is no driver for it.

As far as I know Apple uses primarily Atheros and Broadcom, there are third party drivers that work with some Ralink devices. I'm sure there are more.

There is plenty of information here, it should be a simple task to find out what you're looking for. Much faster than posting here and waiting for someone to answer.

Please if you can't post in English, post in the Italian section. I can barely understand what you're saying, much less reply to you in Italian.

Moderators need to be able to moderate and we can't do that when we can't understand what people are saying.

• 2 years later...