• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

dougievipond

dougievipond

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey I have a Netgear wirelss usb adaptor. When I looked up the chipset it said Atheros. I have been looking on this forum over the past 2 days trying to solve problems without asking for help. I cannot solve what to do to get wirless to work. I assume I need to trick the mac into thinking this usb adaptor is a airport wirless mac adaptor. I read somewhere to load IO80211 family, will this work with my adaptor. I have been using the Iatkos V7 disc so far and updating drivers from that. I have since downloaded osx86 tools but not tried that. Would really appreciate some help.

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
@dougievipond
Getting this to work is tricky and not 100% you would be better off with linksys WUSB600N I have been struggling to make Atheros work for months and as I said it works but not all the time the IO80211Family.kext is what you need and try the Atherosfix.kext google and you will find them and good luck !

thanh hoang

thanh hoang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
My card Express Cpi with chip Atheros 5418. it's support Snow 10.6.2 64 bit? please answers me, thanks all :unsure:

plesuvescu

plesuvescu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I try everythings i reach to a death end! My wireles card is TP-LINK TL-wn851n chipset atheros AR922x and dev id is
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0029&SUBSYS_2091168C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0029&SUBSYS_2091168C
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0029&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0029&CC_0280
i try to put dev id 168c,0029 in IO80211Family.kext atheros kext in leopard 10.5.6 and S/L 10.6.2 with atherosfix.kext with no luck! in system profiler is no pci card. Maybe i think! i dont put the corect id in info plist atheros kext.
Any advice!
Thanks

h@mid-vista

h@mid-vista

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Everybody
I recently have installed snow leopard universal 10.6.2 on my laptop
It detects my wireless card as an airport and request security key for WPA2 personal.
Connection quality is excellent and antenna sign is full.
Although I can enter to router setting by entering 192.168.1.1 in browser, no net connection is available!!
There is no problem in Win 7 and wireless internet is perfect.
I checked proxy setting and then I tried to disable firewall but no internet connection.
Even with open security setting no net is available.
Why?

My wireless AP is D-link 2640U and wireless card on my laptop is AR5B91

VincenzoLaz

VincenzoLaz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi, i'm italian users. I installa iaktos v7 but i have only one problem, wireless card atheros ar5007 which don't work. i have tride any guide that i have found in this forum but nothing. Can you halp me?

I have a Compaq presario c737el, don't work only this card......

Gas Ketse

Gas Ketse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have the same problem with CQ 61. I Installed ideneb 1.6 10.5.8 and it does not detect it at all...any solutions??? I found some but there are not for 10..5.8.Can somebody offer a working solution???

Gas Ketse

Gas Ketse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
anyone plz??

EDIT: Managed to install some drivers...and now I see airport passive....but still not working!!

osco

osco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
I've tried the following tutorials, it works none with me.
http://www.insanelym...showtopic=61260
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=138351

What goes for the Samsung NC 10 (Atheros 5007) with MAC OS X 10.4?

Thank you and greetings

REcruit_

REcruit_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

hey all,

I wonder if there is any chance to get Atheros Chip-Based Cards to work, since there is a new version of Orangewares universal-driver (3.2)
I cannot load it, it says something like 31com_orangeware_iokit_OMI_80211g is not copatible bla bla bla..

Btw: I get the same error, when trying to load 10.4.4 Network Drivers in 10.4.3 (Broadcom for example).

Max

Have you found a fix yet, mate? Thanks

I have followed this:Snow Leopard 2 PC and also this Tutorial: Osx86 Snow Leopard 10A261 via PCIEFI9 but mainly the first site as it is for 10A380 and now updated for 10A394.

I have deleted OSInstall.mpkg and replaced with attached one (it is for 10A380).

I have used a usb stick of 8 GB to restore snow leopard install dvd so I have not made a new partition. I have also used an external USB HDD with leopard 10.5.7 installed from which I have installed snow leopard to my laptop hdd.

Try and see how it works for you. ask if you have any troubles maybe I can help.

This worked for Aspire 5735Z but it didn't work for Compaq c754 (it remains stacked at boot). I'll try with that new kernel for 10A394 and mybe it'll also work for compaq.

Good luck

spannernick

spannernick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi all, does this work for Atheros id : 168c:002a or is there a driver for it..?

Any help would be great..

Thanks.

gsw953

gsw953

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Hi all, does this work for Atheros id : 168c:002a or is there a driver for it..?

Any help would be great..

Thanks.

168c:002a works is native to Snow Leopard,no need to anything

SoaD133

SoaD133

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello to everyone. I have Acer Aspire 5570z with Atheros wifi 168c:001a and Mac OS X 10.6.4.

Under 10.5.x, 10.6 and 10.6.1 this card works fine, but after update to 10.6.2 and after to 10.6.4 card not working and no kext in System_Profiler. With some kext's it show in System_Profiler that kext work and it show in system, but it can't create or find wireless networks.

Someone have ideas?

Jako2328

Jako2328

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi to all, if it is any help to you Kexts.com has released a Artheros kext that works for the AR9285 and some others as well, I have Snow 10.6.4 and the AR9285 on my HP Compaq Presario CQ61, working 100%

I just thought it might help all of those who has the same WiFi :) :dev: :D :D

SimpleText

SimpleText

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hey guys! I have a TPLink TL-WN551G, 168c:001a on a dual boot Win 7/OSX 10.5.7 install, after replacing the ven and device IDs in the kernel extension and rebooting it showed up and worked fine as Airport; after the next restart however boot hangs at the desktop, sometimes before and sometimes right after the cursor appears on the blue screen; I've tried several other modified .kexts and it always happens unless I physically remove the card from the machine it will not boot. works fine in Win 7, but sucks cause now every time I want to use my mac I have to remove it...

any thoughts?

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I just got sick of f**king with it and bought Atheros 5008x works great in all OS's

SimpleText

SimpleText

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I just don't get how it fired right up the first time, and after no system changes at all started locking the machine up at boot after the first restart...

P.S.

Sparky, how did your linksys WUSB600N hold up, problems with it too?

blissweb

blissweb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have an Aspire One Pro 531h which has Atheros Wired and Wireless network cards.

I installed iatkOs5 and got lots of stuff working including sound, but no network.

Now I've moved on to try iAtkOs S3 V2. This one at first glance seems great. The screen resolution works out of the box, as does the trackpad. I had to install an Atom or ipooz kernel to stop it auto-rebooting though.

However, no sound and not even any sign of a network.

I tweaked a PCI-1 setting in the install and now I see the both Ethernet cards in the PCI Cards section of System Profiler.

However, they say "No Driver Installed". I've looked all over these and other forums but most of the answers seem to be talking about older versions of MacOs. This one comes up at 10.6.3

In the Ethernet Cards section of System Profiler I have nothing, just details in the PCI Cards section.

Audio has says its got an output device of Speakers(CD) whatever that means, but nothings coming out of the speakers.

If anyone has ANY suggestions about what to try next, please let me know. Of course, I installed this thing just so I can write code in xCode for the iPhone which should work, but it would be very nice to have any kind of network and sound. ;-) As for other bells and whistles I don't care.

Thanks !!

Sean

Sp0oner

Sp0oner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I'm at a loss with this. I've got a Compaq Mini 311c 1101SA and have installed Snow Leopard (10.6.3) fine using iATKOS S3v2. Everything is working apart from the wireless card which is an Atheros AR9285 with devid of 168c 002b.

Some on here and other places on the web i've seen saying they have got it working. I have tried the kext mentioned above from kexts.com and also other kexts i've downloaded where i've entered the devid etc. However it still doesn't work.

The card is recognised as an airport card however it just doesn't find any networks when you scan.

Can anyone who has this card working please give step by step instructions on how you got it working?

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Try using Kismac to scan for wireless it worked for me most of the time on atheros 5007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy