ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 now WORKS CI/QE !

newentry79

248 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, All!

My card is: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2300 (device ID:0x7210)

My current resolution is 1280x800 (thanks vladlenas for RadeonHD driver)

My steps:

1. Modify ATIx1000 kext (add my device id)

2. Modify com.apple.Boot.plist add "Graphics Mode"...

3. Install RadeonHD.kext from 11 page this theme (vladlenas hyperlink)

4. Reboot

After reboot i changed resolution from 1024x768 on 1280x800!

Hi guys, I need your help. I'm trying to get my X2300 card running with your driver but I haven't had any luck yet. I'm running iPC Mac OS X 10.5.6 on a Asus F5VL notebook and when I use the modified X1000 driver my system crashes. I can't use any other version since only iPC seems to work with my SATA chipset.

Here are my specs:

Graphics Processor Properties

Video Adapter ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 (Asus)

BIOS Version 009.012.001.026.000000

BIOS Date 09/02/07,22:44:0

GPU Code Name M64

PCI Device 1002-718A / 1043-1449 (Rev 00)

Process Technology 80 nm

Bus Type PCI Express 1.0 x16 @ x16

Memory Size 128 MB

GPU Clock 479 MHz (original: 480 MHz)

RAMDAC Clock 400 MHz

Could anyone that has the driver working please share all your ATIRadeonX1000* files from Extensions? I have a feeling it has something to do with other ATI kexts. thanx. :( everything works fine except for the video driver. It would be a shame to let this go and switch back to linux.

Hello I have a Geateway Tablet c142XL which has the ATI HD2300 video card and tried the instructions from Chicker above. The only video driver I have installed is the ATI driver that came with the iATKOS v7 which gives fine video at 1024x768. I was not sure if I was supposed to delete the iAtkos ATI driver first before installing the two files above but when I installed the modified ATI1000 kext (with my card ID) using kext helper. I got the Kernal panic on reboot. I am a newb to this. Also am I supposed to install both of the files with kext helper before the first reboot? After the kernal panic I could not undo what I did so I had to install the back up image that I saved before installing the modified ATI1000 kext. I would like to know if I am following the procedure correctly Thanks.

I have the same laptop. Just install the two files in the attached archive. It now displays the cursor properly. PM your email, maybe we can help each other.

I guess its time to make my first post ;D

Computer: HP 6910p ATI x2300 device id: 0x7188

QE/CI was enabled just before I got my faulty motherboard replaced! 1280x800 was also working smoothly!

I've reinstalled and got back my resolution! (1280x800) however QE/CI is not active!

I'm pretty sure that I had vsbalints kext installed when everything was working.

This is what I've done:

* Reinstalled several times (new osx install)

* Tested all kexts in the thread

* Edited all kexts to device-id: 0x71881002

When everything was working well I had Chameleon 2.0 installed

(Anyone think that this could have anything to do with it?)

I'm currently running "iDeneb v1.3 (Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.5)".

No panics, fast boot, 1280x800, sound working, wifi working, everything except QE/CI.

Just wanted to finish up by saying that this seams to be a great community! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!

I got my resolution to 1280x800 10x to Scripty with the RadeonHD kext. But the only problem is ATIRadeonX1000.kext keeps crashing the system. So I looked into Info.plist and removed these lines.

<key>IOCFPlugInTypes</key>
                       <dict>
                               <key>ACCF0000-0000-0000-0000-000a2789904e</key>
                               <string>ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin</string>
                       </dict>

It looks like the kext is loaded now and it doesn't crash anymore but I still can't get CI/QE working.

bash-3.2# kextstat | grep -i radeon
  72    0 0x3448b000 0x4b000    0x4a000    com.dong.driver.RadeonHD (1.0.0d1) <71 65 17 6 5 4 2>
  80    0 0x34abb000 0x5b000    0x5a000    com.apple.ATIRadeonX1000 (5.2.4) <71 65 17 12 6 5 4 2>

I believe this has something to do with that ATIRadeonX1000GA plugin so could anyone with a working CI/QE please share these files? I need all of them starting with the ATIRadeonX1000 from /System/Library/Extensions dir.

I finally got it working with my X2300 (CI/QE @ 1440x900). Here is a zip of the kexts I used:X2300Drivers(by Ice).zip (some may not be required but it works for me). Tested with iPC 10.5.6 and 10.5.8 on F5VL ASUS notebook mainboards.
Ice is there a specific procedure to follow for us newbs to get this to work or simply add all the kexts using kext helper or other means and reboot?

Ice is there a specific procedure to follow for us newbs to get this to work or simply add all the kexts using kext helper or other means and reboot?

For me it worked with a simple install and reboot. It didn't work before when I tried some kexts from other members as it crashed because it complained about other dependent kexts like ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin and other. This is why I posted all these dependend kexts as well. If it doesn't work on your system with this, here is what I did to make it work for me:

1. installed iPC 10.5.6 ( with NO video drivers - you must use the standard ones from the install)

2. updated to 10.5.8 using system update

3. edit /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist and replace the existing 0x71871002 with 0x718A1002

4. use a HEX editor like 0xED to open this file /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX1000 and search and replace 81FA8771 with 81FA8A71 (where 81FA represents 1002 - ATI and 8A71 your device id).

This method should work for most x1000 series cards including the X2300 :D

Edit: try not to use the DVI port for external Display. I'm having a lot of trouble with it but standard VGA port should work just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got it working with my X2300 (CI/QE @ 1440x900). Here is a zip of the kexts I used:X2300Drivers(by Ice).zip (some may not be required but it works for me). Tested with iPC 10.5.6 and 10.5.8 on F5VL ASUS notebook mainboards.

Hi...I was using the modified kext posted somewhere here in this thread with success, however still no external display. Anyway, stumbled upon this pack, installed it, and now osx doesn't boot or rather it boots but it persists at the loading screen (i eventually hear the skype loading sound, so system loads but no graphic interface). Is there any other fix than reinstalling the osx?

Cheers

Hi...I was using the modified kext posted somewhere here in this thread with success, however still no external display. Anyway, stumbled upon this pack, installed it, and now osx doesn't boot or rather it boots but it persists at the loading screen (i eventually hear the skype loading sound, so system loads but no graphic interface). Is there any other fix than reinstalling the osx?

Cheers

Hi, you can try to boot in Single user mode and remove/delete the installed drivers.

I guess its time to make my first post ;D

Computer: HP 6910p ATI x2300 device id: 0x7188

QE/CI was enabled just before I got my faulty motherboard replaced! 1280x800 was also working smoothly!

I've reinstalled and got back my resolution! (1280x800) however QE/CI is not active!

I'm pretty sure that I had vsbalints kext installed when everything was working.

This is what I've done:

* Reinstalled several times (new osx install)

* Tested all kexts in the thread

* Edited all kexts to device-id: 0x71881002

When everything was working well I had Chameleon 2.0 installed

(Anyone think that this could have anything to do with it?)

I'm currently running "iDeneb v1.3 (Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.5)".

No panics, fast boot, 1280x800, sound working, wifi working, everything except QE/CI.

Just wanted to finish up by saying that this seams to be a great community! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!

Hello Mattay;

I have the same laptop but with no luck to change the resolution. Can you send me your driver to test it on my laptop?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, first of all, thanks for the great support in this topic so far!

I have a 6910p, got the correct resolution, no tearing, artifacts or whatever, I just can't get QE enabled. Tried many kexts and adjusting them... no luck so far... most of them end up in a KP.

Other than that, my hackintosh freezes up when I unplug the power cord... any suggestions for that?

Rest is running fine: wifi, sound, keyboard/mouse, ... running iDeneb 10.5.8

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...