ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 now WORKS CI/QE !

newentry79

248 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Anyone, can anyone fix the resolution in Asus A8Jr? DeviceID: 0x718A

So far as I know,there's still no answer,

maybe the only right thing we should do is to stop try again.

I've installed iDeneb 1.4 on ASUS F3Jr (0x718a) and kext for x1000 series. It seems that hardware acceleration is enabled, but many artifacts and graphics dropouts occur. And of cource no native resolution choise apeeared in monitor preferences.

So i have 2 questions:

1. Where should I look to find out whether QE/CI are enabled?

2. Where does the config file located, to change resolution manually (add string "Graphics Mode"="1280x800" right?)

This is my first post here, please be easy on me.

I have a Sony Vaio FW17 foreign version, installed with Kalyway 10.5.2

ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series graphic card. DEV ID 9504

I tried everything from this forum.

I have already installed the ATIRadeonx1000.kext, and removed all the old kext that came with Kalyway. input /<key/>Graphics Mode/</key/>

/<string/>1280x800x32/</string/>

in, com.apple.Boot.plist

according from "system profile" the graphic card has been installed as HD3400,

but I still can't get 1280x 800 nor QE/CI/OpenGL, not to mention about the DVI and HDMI output.

Can anyone help me with the 1280x800 resolution ?

THANKS!!

This is my first post here, please be easy on me.

I have a Sony Vaio FW17 foreign version, installed with Kalyway 10.5.2

ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series graphic card. DEV ID 9504

I tried everything from this forum.

I have already installed the ATIRadeonx1000.kext, and removed all the old kext that came with Kalyway. input /<key/>Graphics Mode/</key/>

/<string/>1280x800x32/</string/>

in, com.apple.Boot.plist

according from "system profile" the graphic card has been installed as HD3400,

but I still can't get 1280x 800 nor QE/CI/OpenGL, not to mention about the DVI and HDMI output.

Can anyone help me with the 1280x800 resolution ?

THANKS!!

The problem is : You have a different graphic card.

• 1 month later...

So I've tried several times to do this but it doesn't work. When I restart Mac OS everything is white: the background, the dock, the windows. Anybody had the same problem. I have an Asus F5VL laptop, I tried iPC version of osx86, 10.5.6 and 10.5.7. Can anyone help?

• 4 weeks later...

Somebody running this video card on Samsung R60plus? My problem - I can not install a graphic update (from Software Update), because it requests the kernel Vanilla. Try to start the OS with the function of vanilla -v cpus=1, it displays img4771qq.jpg

I have a Intel ® Core 2 Duo T5750 (2.0 GHz) and has support for SSE3, installed Mac OS X 10.5.7.

How to fix a mistake?

• 1 month later...
Hi.

I have a Samsung R60plus FE02 laptop, with Ati X2300 card, but my device id is 0x7188 instead of 0x718A.

I tried every method, with the same result: weird images, kernel panics, vertical bars, etc. I never got the right resolution, neither hardware acceleration.

Are there any hope? Or... Is this topic lost forever?

:)

I have this Samsung too, my iDeneb 10.5.6 found videocard with such devID 0x7188. Any solution for this card?

Any solution for this card?

The Mobility HD2300 (7210) is in the exact same situation as X2300, it belongs to the X1000 family and uses Caretta. you get CI&QE 1024x768 with internal LCD but no resolution change.

hi guys,

It's passed quite a long time from my last post in this forum, i'm still trying to change resolution on my notebook asus with ati x2300.I have already tried all the possible attempts which people suggested me.

I wonder if now there is some way to fix this problem, maybe now if i upgrade the version to the new one (if there is)it works.

Right now i have 10.5.5 version and i can't change resolution to 1280x800, but it works only 1024x768!

Please help me

Thank you in advance.

Fede

P.s:i have found this http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-613133-start-0.html , but i don't understand completly the procedure, does anyone can help me?does it work for asus notebook too?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I Used solution in first post - nothing.

I install RadeonHD.kext by Dong - kernelpanic

I Used GTOnizuka's solution - nothing.

There are more ideas how to set resolution 1280x800?

My VideoCard is Ati Radeon Mobility X2300 (devid: 0x718a)

hi all) I have some problem with my Asus F3jr. I have no driver for ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 (0x718a) mac os X. please give me a link wher I can download this f.... driver. thank you for understanding)

PS you can write to my r-mail vovafast@ukr.net

hi all) I have some problem with my Asus F3jr. I have no driver for ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 (0x718a) mac os X. please give me a link wher I can download this f.... driver. thank you for understanding)

PS you can write to my r-mail vovafast@ukr.net

It for ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 you will receive CI/QE.

ATIRadeonX1000.kext.zip

It for reception of the resolution

RadeonHD.kext.10.5.zip

First off all, I have an ASUS F5VL laptop.

I used iPC 10.5.6 version cause that was the only one who could identify my HDD. Regarding ATI x2300, my model is 0x718a. I didn't install any video driver at first installation, but I installed RadeonHD.kext with ketxhelper ( I don't recall the exact name) and it worked. I just had to change the resolution from system preferences. The only problem was that the cursor doesn't display properly. I don't know if it's of any help, but I installed probably all the PCI Patches from iPC.

I am trying now to update to 10.5.8 through the software update and I'll keep you posted, maybe it helps someone.

PS: I enabled Quartx GL from OSX Tools before restarting

Update: I updated to 10.5.8 but the cursor didn't change and my sound is gone, but everything else seems good

I've got Dong's Framebuffer working on my Compaq 6910p - so I can use full resolution, which is nice.

The problem I have is with getting QE/CI working! It's driving me mad.

The machine has a Mobility X2300, but the Dev ID is 7188 (not 718a) - If I edit the Info.plist in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext and then also do the edit to the binary file I still do not get harware acceleration.

I just get bad artifacts when moving a window, and system profiler still doesn't see QE/CI enabled. Even though the kext is loaded.

Anyone know how to change DevID's on these cards? - Or a solution to get QE/CI?!

This is the last thing to get working... I have working Audio, network (wired), and now working Res change. So damn close!

I've got Dong's Framebuffer working on my Compaq 6910p - so I can use full resolution, which is nice.

The problem I have is with getting QE/CI working! It's driving me mad.

The machine has a Mobility X2300, but the Dev ID is 7188 (not 718a) - If I edit the Info.plist in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext and then also do the edit to the binary file I still do not get harware acceleration.

I just get bad artifacts when moving a window, and system profiler still doesn't see QE/CI enabled. Even though the kext is loaded.

Anyone know how to change DevID's on these cards? - Or a solution to get QE/CI?!

This is the last thing to get working... I have working Audio, network (wired), and now working Res change. So damn close!

Try it.

x2300_7188_.zip