ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 now WORKS CI/QE !

newentry79

248 posts in this topic

Hi Pere,

I've installed your kext for ati x2300 on 10.5.5 with kexthelperb7, but when i restarted with -v nothing is changed.I have still QE/CI not supported.

I have an Asus f3jr in which i have installed iatkos 2 and after i updated to 10.5.5, can you help me please?

Thank you

Hi Pere,

I've installed your kext for ati x2300 on 10.5.5 with kexthelperb7, but when i restarted with -v nothing is changed.I have still QE/CI not supported.

I have an Asus f3jr in which i have installed iatkos 2 and after i updated to 10.5.5, can you help me please?

Thank you

Hey I'm on 10.5.5 (updated from combo update) and using pere's 10.5.5, the loginwindow.app fails to render. I can hear it being active though. Anyone know why this happens?

EDIT: Had to reinstall again, but now it's working. Pere's 10.5.5 + the ATIRadeonX1000 extensions work 100%! CI/QE enabled.

Hy, i'm using ASUS F5NV with ATI Radeon X2300 0x718a. installed iPC leopard 10.5.6, but i can't set my video card to work on QE/CI support. used latest provided kext, still no change. muose started teardroping but no support. how can i solve this?

Hello, I have iDeneb 10.5.5 on my Asus A8Jr. It has the Mobility Radeon X2300 with the Device ID 718A. I've installed Pere's provided 10.5.5 kext but no difference. I have already inserted the resolution command thing into com.apple.Boot.plist but resolution is still at 1024x768. Can anyone help please? And the mouse artifacts are terrible. Tried MouseLocator but makes no difference!

Hello, I have iDeneb 10.5.5 on my Asus A8Jr. It has the Mobility Radeon X2300 with the Device ID 718A. I've installed Pere's provided 10.5.5 kext but no difference. I have already inserted the resolution command thing into com.apple.Boot.plist but resolution is still at 1024x768. Can anyone help please? And the mouse artifacts are terrible. Tried MouseLocator but makes no difference!

Same here. No way to change resolution. The 1280x1024 works only in safe mode. :)

The 10.5.6 ATIRadeonX1000.kext, Qe and CI working for ATI X2300 ID: 718A

Guys, tearing will always appear, there is a solution on the first post to this, but it´s a minor issue...

Resolution has to be changed on com.apple.boot.plist

Please, use each kext on corresponding Leopard version, a 10.5.5 kext on an 10.5.2 system will cause KP.

Thank you, once again, Pere ;) Is there a way you can explain how to mod the ATIRadeonX1000.kext for each update of OSX. It will save you to post one for every update.

Have you managed to get external screen to work with id:718A ?

Also can you point me in the right direction for getting our wireless cards to work?

Thank you, once again, Pere :) Is there a way you can explain how to mod the ATIRadeonX1000.kext for each update of OSX. It will save you to post one for every update.

Have you managed to get external screen to work with id:718A ?

Also can you point me in the right direction for getting our wireless cards to work?

I just follow the first post method.... no external monitor.

There is a new driver developer for intel wifi cards here:

http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/

HI

As I understand well, the card in some SONY laptops with ID 0x71871002 works and allows resolution changed to 1280x800.

In my HP6910p I have a card with ID 0x71881002 and I cannot change resolution. What is the main difference between the cards? Is there any way to make OSX to believe that the card 0x7188 is actually a 0x7187 card?

HI

As I understand well, the card in some SONY laptops with ID 0x71871002 works and allows resolution changed to 1280x800.

In my HP6910p I have a card with ID 0x71881002 and I cannot change resolution. What is the main difference between the cards? Is there any way to make OSX to believe that the card 0x7188 is actually a 0x7187 card?

Sorry, i was wrong, the correct ID is 0x718a. So I would like to find a way to make OSX to believe that my 0x7188 is a 0x718a card...

I've tried Switchresx and it doesn't work for me because it doesn't recognize the monitor.

I've qe/ci supported but i can't change resolution to 1280x800, even if at the boot i write -x"GraphicsMode"="1280x800"platform=x86PC(or with x32, or with @60)

I can't belive that nobody is able to get an higher resolution than 1024x768.

Please somebody help us

Thanks in advance

I also have an HP 6910p with the 7188 X2300 Mobility. I have also been totally unsuccessful getting anything out of this card. I tried every thing in this thread (from top to bottom) to no avail. I can't get QE/CI and I can't get resolution changes. If anyone can assist me it would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to drop me a line or add me on msn hoeser_eh@hotmail.com

I'm willing to test anything.

I've tried Switchresx and it doesn't work for me because it doesn't recognize the monitor.

I've qe/ci supported but i can't change resolution to 1280x800, even if at the boot i write -x"GraphicsMode"="1280x800"platform=x86PC(or with x32, or with @60)

I can't belive that nobody is able to get an higher resolution than 1024x768.

Please somebody help us

Thanks in advance

Not quite sure what you're doing there, but you're meant to put GraphicsMode"="1280x800x32" into com.apple.Boot.plist and boot it normally? It worked for me.

I also have an HP 6910p with the 7188 X2300 Mobility. I have also been totally unsuccessful getting anything out of this card. I tried every thing in this thread (from top to bottom) to no avail. I can't get QE/CI and I can't get resolution changes. If anyone can assist me it would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to drop me a line or add me on msn hoeser_eh@hotmail.com

I'm willing to test anything.

Try changing the distro, I couldn't get kalyway to work with this card, i got iATKOS and iDeneb to work with it though. And just get the kext of 10.5.5 and 10.5.6 respectively

Here is the X2300 driver for model 718A to work with Retail Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G66)....

Dear friend, thank your driver,

I used, but have some problems,

sometimes my Graphic will break

have any way to fixed it ?

thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
my device id 7210. can't get 1280x800 :D

HI,

I am using HP 6910p and using above kext I get 1152x864 resolution. Not that it is very good but better than 1024x768. QE/CI works.

I wondering if anyone managed to get 1280x800 on HP. Pls let me know how to get that resolution.

/Sekhar.

EDIT: I am sorry it is not QE/CI but QE GL (i m not sure what the difference is).

HI,

I am using HP 6910p and using above kext I get 1152x864 resolution. Not that it is very good but better than 1024x768. QE/CI works.

I wondering if anyone managed to get 1280x800 on HP. Pls let me know how to get that resolution.

/Sekhar.

Hi Sekhar,

I too have an HP 6910p with ATI X2300 graphics card, but have been unable to get QE or CI hardware supported. So I`m quite surprised that you have gotten this far with your graphics card. Could you post any relevant kexts you used to accomplish this. I`d greatly appreciate your help.

Hi Sekhar,

I too have an HP 6910p with ATI X2300 graphics card, but have been unable to get QE or CI hardware supported. So I`m quite surprised that you have gotten this far with your graphics card. Could you post any relevant kexts you used to accomplish this. I`d greatly appreciate your help.

I am sorry dude. It is not QE/CI but it is QE GL. I used OSX86 tools that comes with iPC 10.5.6. There you have an option to enable QE GL. It doesnt look that good anyway with 1152x864 resolution. so ended up removing mac completely.

/Sekhar.