ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 now WORKS CI/QE !

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

pere

pere

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
Ok, i tried a Natit for ATY, adding our id (718A) and get black screen and stuck there, but i could see booting with -v that recognices the graphic card as Ati radeon 1450 (this is ok) and tried to use ATY_Alopias.

Now we need to know how to tweak the plugin to make it work. Maybe the plugin is not ok for LCD´s or something like this, or is not the correct Natit. I hope someone more enlighten than me can show the path....

I have attached the kext for others to try.

Attached Files

GTOnizuka

GTOnizuka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Where did you get it? Anyway try my method 2 post below, and don't use natit ;) Although replace "display" step with "ATY_Alopias" and tell us of your failures or successes ;)

pere

pere

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Where did you get it? Anyway try my method 2 post below, and don't use natit :) Although replace "display" step with "ATY_Alopias" and tell us of your failures or successes ;)

Ok, i have try all methods i have find, harcoded every plugin, tried every ATIinject, but no results, i need someone to point me the last ATIinject for Leopard cause maybe i havent used the right one.

I have read too that there is no way to make framebuffer works with x1450, but i think it will not be impossible, just we havent find the right way....

GTOnizuka

GTOnizuka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Ok, i have try all methods i have find, harcoded every plugin, tried every ATIinject, but no results, i need someone to point me the last ATIinject for Leopard cause maybe i havent used the right one.

I have read too that there is no way to make framebuffer works with x1450, but i think it will not be impossible, just we havent find the right way....

I'm with you ;) Just let me to get the time to surf the net in search of something nice =) I'll give an update when i'll find something interessant ;)

sinnsyk

sinnsyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
i found this on a website about the x2300:

Indeed, they reveal the presence of the X2300 HD, codenamed 'M71'. The vanilla X2300 appears to be codenamed 'M64'. Both have 'M' and 'S' variants, indicated by an appropriate suffix to the codename. AMD's M71M chip, incidentally, has been approved for PCI Express compatibility by the PCI SIG, so its release can't be far off.

there was not much else information about it, but it makes me think... what is the m54 version then? Lot's of people have that as well i read here.. :Soke.

I have some spare time now.I'm goin to install iATKOS v1.0i again, with no plugins according to the tutorial found here:http://inihilist.wor...and-fool-proof/

that worked fine all the times i did it, with video card working but not recognized and no CI/QE. Res is 1024 x 768So, once installed, what do i do next?
There are so much stories going here now...do this?

- updated with 10.5.2 (thanks to netkas.org's instructions)
- graphic update (from Software Update).
- edit /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist
- replace the existing 0x71871002 with 0x718A1002
- with the program 0xED edit file /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX1000
- Find: 8771 | Replace: 8A71 | Search Type: Hex, then hit Replace All. (should replace 2 incidences)
- Reboot with flag -f

(this didn't work for me btw)

or am i missing something.. :unsure:

pere

pere

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

i found this on a website about the x2300:

Indeed, they reveal the presence of the X2300 HD, codenamed 'M71'. The vanilla X2300 appears to be codenamed 'M64'. Both have 'M' and 'S' variants, indicated by an appropriate suffix to the codename. AMD's M71M chip, incidentally, has been approved for PCI Express compatibility by the PCI SIG, so its release can't be far off.

there was not much else information about it, but it makes me think... what is the m54 version then? Lot's of people have that as well i read here.. :Soke.

I have some spare time now.I'm goin to install iATKOS v1.0i again, with no plugins according to the tutorial found here:http://inihilist.wor...and-fool-proof/

that worked fine all the times i did it, with video card working but not recognized and no CI/QE. Res is 1024 x 768So, once installed, what do i do next?
There are so much stories going here now...do this?

- with the program 0xED edit file /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX1000
- Find: 8771 | Replace: 8A71 | Search Type: Hex, then hit Replace All. (should replace 2 incidences)
- Reboot with flag -f

(this didn't work for me btw)

or am i missing something.. :huh:

Hi Sinnsik, this method must work with you too unless your graphic card revision is different...
Remember to instal Iatkos R2.
If you have any trouble, post here. :)

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
since internal screen for ati mobility has always been tricky, i suggest you to use an external monitor to do tests.

brzdidi

brzdidi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi Pere and cyclonefr,

I did all the procedure above, have QE/CI working but in 1024x768 resolution. I didn't install Iatkos R2. My orignal installation was Leopard flat image (mac os x 10.5).

brzdidi

brzdidi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi sharst and oopsjeffrey. Don't just read this post. Reply what you think about as well, and try to contribute to it.

Tks

oopsjeffrey

oopsjeffrey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
well, I just got the vaio cr25t and wondering how to do with x2300 ,indeed, I do not quite understand how to .even don't understand what you really mean.I follow those steps :
- installed Iatkos 1.0r2
- Reboot with flag -f

but only find 8771 in 1 incidence. and I really don't know how to proper install atix1000.kext ,so just replace it from downloaded one. mac said the extensions function wrong.
well, I add <key>Graphics Mode</key> <string>"1280x800x32"</string>
after restarting, I got "1280x800" but no CI/QE ! so I CAN'T INSTALL FINAL CUT!
seems everyone gets difference. does x2300 has several kinds of chips?! i don't know!!
btw,i downgrade VISTA to XP ,the x2300 driver still a mess
i notice the sony website x2300 driver is different from those over internet ones.
the sony one install " .net 2.0 " first and install driver.and it works.
others only install driver without " .net " and they fail to work in xp!

GTOnizuka

GTOnizuka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
[OFFTOPIC]@oopsjeffrey: try installing dfrivers with this method for XP http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool/ [/OFFTOPIC]

Anyway i'm seriously thinking that there are many revision chips of X2300...Conitnue to test mine kext or steps in other model of laptops with X2300!

sinnsyk

sinnsyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
what did u change in your .kext that you are offering for download? Perhaps we can learn from that...

[offtopic] is it a good idea to make a 15 GB MacOSX partition, and an 30 GB fat32 partition to be shared? My vista disk is now 56 GB and almost full, AND NTFS. The mac install can't read that and it's a complex job of transferring large files from vista to mac... [/offtopic]

pere

pere

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
Ok, i have been reading and reading, about our x2300, the second display and others solutions...

This is what i have find:

Our X2300 is a model lifted from the 1450, so even we can find the way to add now our id to x1000 kext, the framebuffer is different from old 1450, maybe we have to try with Callisto framebuffer??. I will try, but first i need a ATIinject or a NAtit that is compatible with 1450, please help me on this.

The second display is not Hardware enabled on boot, need software in order to work , so is nearly impossible to make it work till we find the NAtit or Atiinject the recognizes or model. Correct me if im wrong.

People has report the paperclip method on the vga out to make x1450 works, i havent try yet, but if ATIx2300 second monitor is software enabled, i dont know if this solution will really work....

Im still trying Natits, Atiinjects, and only get black/frozen screen...
WIll post what i find.

CicloneFr, we apreciate so much your help, please continue giving us clues to make this framebuffer works. :)

sinnsyk

sinnsyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
i think this site could be usefull about understanding how the mac OSX handles the buffers and the Core Graphics etc... it's only for mac OSX 10.4, but maybe we can learn something. Didn't read the whole article though, but what i've read was pretty interesting:

http://arstechnica.c...osx-10-4.ars/13 and http://arstechnica.c...osx-10-4.ars/14 and http://arstechnica.c...osx-10-4.ars/15 and perhaps further

titusair

titusair

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
My laptop is ASUS A8JR too.
Can I install Leopard 10.5.2 on it?
Have you done it?
Thank you.

sharst

sharst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi
My laptop is ASUS A8JR too.
Can I install Leopard 10.5.2 on it?
Have you done it?
Thank you.

Yes. Kalyway 10.5.1+ Kalyway Update 10.5.2. Resolution screen 1024x768

sinnsyk

sinnsyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
it would work with iATKOS too but the videodriver does not respond very well. but with 1024 / 768 it works.
I'm gonna try my Philips 220WS8FB 22" monitor tomorrow hope that works :P

wotobo

wotobo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hard enough,challenge indeed!

sinnsyk

sinnsyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Wotobo, did u get ur card running in 1280 x 800?
I managed to get CI/QE working but the resolution is killing me, i didn't buy a widescreen to work with 1024/768 :)

bubble_gum

bubble_gum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
using this method i managed CI & QE enabled for my ATI mobility radeon x2300 on vaio vgn-cr11zr, but there are some artefacts appear during work. somebody have an issue of that? resolution 1280x800 after editing startup strings

UPD: use mouse locator to remove artefacts, after installing it everything is OK :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy