i found this on a website about the x2300:
Indeed, they reveal the presence of the X2300 HD, codenamed 'M71'. The vanilla X2300 appears to be codenamed 'M64'. Both have 'M' and 'S' variants, indicated by an appropriate suffix to the codename. AMD's M71M chip, incidentally, has been approved for PCI Express compatibility by the PCI SIG, so its release can't be far off.
there was not much else information about it, but it makes me think... what is the m54 version then? Lot's of people have that as well i read here.. :Soke.
I have some spare time now.I'm goin to install iATKOS v1.0i again, with no plugins according to the tutorial found here:http://inihilist.wor...and-fool-proof/
that worked fine all the times i did it, with video card working but not recognized and no CI/QE. Res is 1024 x 768So, once installed, what do i do next?
There are so much stories going here now...do this?
- updated with 10.5.2 (thanks to netkas.org's instructions)
- graphic update (from Software Update).
- edit /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist
- replace the existing 0x71871002 with 0x718A1002
- with the program 0xED edit file /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX1000
- Find: 8771 | Replace: 8A71 | Search Type: Hex, then hit Replace All. (should replace 2 incidences)
- Reboot with flag -f
(this didn't work for me btw)
or am i missing something..