ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 now WORKS CI/QE !

newentry79

248 posts in this topic

what did u change in your .kext that you are offering for download? Perhaps we can learn from that...

[offtopic] is it a good idea to make a 15 GB MacOSX partition, and an 30 GB fat32 partition to be shared? My vista disk is now 56 GB and almost full, AND NTFS. The mac install can't read that and it's a complex job of transferring large files from vista to mac... [/offtopic]

Ok, i have been reading and reading, about our x2300, the second display and others solutions...

This is what i have find:

Our X2300 is a model lifted from the 1450, so even we can find the way to add now our id to x1000 kext, the framebuffer is different from old 1450, maybe we have to try with Callisto framebuffer??. I will try, but first i need a ATIinject or a NAtit that is compatible with 1450, please help me on this.

The second display is not Hardware enabled on boot, need software in order to work , so is nearly impossible to make it work till we find the NAtit or Atiinject the recognizes or model. Correct me if im wrong.

People has report the paperclip method on the vga out to make x1450 works, i havent try yet, but if ATIx2300 second monitor is software enabled, i dont know if this solution will really work....

Im still trying Natits, Atiinjects, and only get black/frozen screen...

WIll post what i find.

CicloneFr, we apreciate so much your help, please continue giving us clues to make this framebuffer works. :)

i think this site could be usefull about understanding how the mac OSX handles the buffers and the Core Graphics etc... it's only for mac OSX 10.4, but maybe we can learn something. Didn't read the whole article though, but what i've read was pretty interesting:

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10-4.ars/13 and http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10-4.ars/14 and http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10-4.ars/15 and perhaps further

• 2 weeks later...

using this method i managed CI & QE enabled for my ATI mobility radeon x2300 on vaio vgn-cr11zr, but there are some artefacts appear during work. somebody have an issue of that? resolution 1280x800 after editing startup strings

UPD: use mouse locator to remove artefacts, after installing it everything is OK :P

Wotobo, did u get ur card running in 1280 x 800?

I managed to get CI/QE working but the resolution is killing me, i didn't buy a widescreen to work with 1024/768 :P

Never,I even can't drive my sound card and network card,I've tried many times ,but problems exist quite a lot still, the Apple is torturing me............ :(

hey~friend,I already attempt... :wallbash: it's not good,

If have person achieving coming untied completely

have some one x2300 can be fully work?

Hey man, look at yourself because this version works FULLY, only the resolution is the problem, but i think that getting CI/QE working either @ 1024x768 is still good than having only software mode, didn't think that? Read carefully before talking...

still, the resolution doesn;t work, so it's not a FULLY working kext, it's an QE/CI Enabling .kext :D

i hate this stupid card, i need widescreen :D wish i could program this myself or just replace my videocard with a better one... :S

Someone who like to try, test if X2300 is working with this natit: http://www.mediafire.com/?taajnazpvsm

Required dictionaries dont find <--- response from natit on loading.

My system:

10.5.2 Vanilla kernel

I think we will have to study whether the framebuffer from our x2300 belongs to the x2xxx family or not before make any change to that natit, but i dont know where to start looking for this, anyone knows?.

Hi all,

my girlfriend has a laptop Sony Vaio VGN-CR11Z with a Ati Mobility Radeon X2300 (Device ID: 0x718a); after the last graphic update, following this guide http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=69345 (thank to MacMan2007) and now I've CI and QE enabled :(

Those are my steps:

- installed Iatkos 1.0r2

- updated with 10.5.2 (thanks to netkas.org's instructions)

- graphic update (from Software Update).

- edit /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist

- replace the existing 0x71871002 with 0x718A1002

- with the program 0xED edit file /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX1000

- Find: 8771 | Replace: 8A71 | Search Type: Hex, then hit Replace All. (should replace 2 incidences)

- Reboot with flag -f

and now IT WORKS!!!!!!! (For a more detailed instructions follow MacMan2007 guide ...)

post-119987-1203160267_thumb.png

However, you cannot change resolution from System Preferences,

post-119987-1203160689_thumb.png

but you must add those lines to your /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>"1280x800x32"</string>

I've also some mouse tearing, but now I can watch my dvd ... :D

hi,newentry79

I got the same problem like urs,but i didn`t find any graphic updata in my leopard 10.5.2,can you give me a copy of ur ATIRadeonX1000.kext thank u very much!!

Great! That`s very kind of u :D Did u get ur X2300 work with 1280*800?

Np man ^^ Nope because i've got an ASUS laptop, not a Sony one...but if you have the last one you'll get working 1280x800. But i don't know if this is caused by model laptop of leopard distro i've tryied it with (i've used Zepyroth's one).

Anyway, put my kext and edit the info into boot plist and try ^^ it's the only way to see if it function ^_^

Np man ^^ Nope because i've got an ASUS laptop, not a Sony one...but if you have the last one you'll get working 1280x800. But i don't know if this is caused by model laptop of leopard distro i've tryied it with (i've used Zepyroth's one).

Anyway, put my kext and edit the info into boot plist and try ^^ it's the only way to see if it function :)

I got ASUS TOO It`s F3JR.Let me try ur kext please

I got ASUS TOO It`s F3JR.Let me try ur kext please

F3JR works as described for other notebooks with the same hardware : Vista + OSX 10.52 , full hardware acceleration, mouse tearings , fixed resolution , no sound , no wifi , good ethernet and usb but you have to reboot to sense the cable and the usb device (no hot swap).

Will buy a Delkin USB wifi dongle and will search for a solution to the sound problem.

regards

Hey man, look at yourself because this version works FULLY, only the resolution is the problem, but i think that getting CI/QE working either @ 1024x768 is still good than having only software mode, didn't think that? Read carefully before talking...

thank you,~~You said I had looked ...but I English is so bad,,,If has the mistake, invites the excuse me

everybody know,CI/QE is Support,the OS X can be works good than the software mode,,,,

you are so good...My English too is bad, very many all cannot express