Windows PE

RustyBall

9 posts in this topic

look for miniPE.v2k5.09.03-XT. It's an XP live CD. it's about 400mb ISO.

Ok - it's been a WEEK since the last post, did anybody actually TRY this? I only just read about it this minute or I would have tried a long time ago. I'm currently working with Q to run win98 on my imac core duo which is fine but rather on the slow side (until the amazing q and qemu coders get further in their work, it's amazing that it works this well already at all!!). If the xp bootable cdrom concept works then it might be a good start. Although it's a pain in the ass to have to boot another OS from a startup cd or floppy, it's how many people dual booten linux and windows for years so it does work and is considered a standard acceptible way to dual boot if one must. Not IDEAL (ideal would be a grub-style bootmenu to choose your os) but still functional. Maybe if the xp cdrom-runnable version works then one could customize it to copy most of the contents to a partition on your mac drive and the cdrom could switch the default windows folder to the hard drive from the cdrom for sake of systemfile reading speed.

That's a total layman's explanation and I put no thought into it at all, so probably a ton of holes in the logic. Just a wild thought. What do people (who know more than I) think?

dkelley

Ok - it's been a WEEK since the last post, did anybody actually TRY this? I only just read about it this minute or I would have tried a long time ago. I'm currently working with Q to run win98 on my imac core duo which is fine but rather on the slow side (until the amazing q and qemu coders get further in their work, it's amazing that it works this well already at all!!). If the xp bootable cdrom concept works then it might be a good start. Although it's a pain in the ass to have to boot another OS from a startup cd or floppy, it's how many people dual booten linux and windows for years so it does work and is considered a standard acceptible way to dual boot if one must. Not IDEAL (ideal would be a grub-style bootmenu to choose your os) but still functional. Maybe if the xp cdrom-runnable version works then one could customize it to copy most of the contents to a partition on your mac drive and the cdrom could switch the default windows folder to the hard drive from the cdrom for sake of systemfile reading speed.

That's a total layman's explanation and I put no thought into it at all, so probably a ton of holes in the logic. Just a wild thought. What do people (who know more than I) think?

dkelley

I was searching for the file online but i kept getting a bunch of results about viruses and trojans being in the file, if my memory serves correctly.