7 replies to this topic

radish1

radish1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey people,

i just bought my housemates old mac keyboard off of him, and i have windows XP, was wondering how i can get some of the keys to work, eg the F7 to F12 including the eject button, i downloaded the firmware .dmg file off of apples website and converted it, but i dont know what to do with it, it would be nice to have them all working, thanks your time, any help would be great help

thank you!!!

-aKy-

-aKy-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
if you downloaded the dmg-file from apple it will only contain software for osx or below. no files that you could use in windows. I don't know it there exist any software for windows which lets you define that keys with special functions. Maybe try to google it ;-)

Reanimation_LP

Reanimation_LP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Err.. Theres gotta be something wrong with the keyboard if the F keys arent working.

The Eject key doesnt work with the default XP drivers, but the volume keys do.

-aKy-

-aKy-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
A mac keyboard has way more F keys then a standard windows keyboard. so did you really mean F7 to F12 or F13 to F16?For me all Standard F-Keys (1 up to 12) work in Windows.

radish1

radish1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry, i probable wasn't being clear, i mean i would like the second functions of the F7-F12 to work in itunes and whatnot, eg the back, play pause, etc
i want to make full use of this good looking keyboard :D
thanks guys for reading this

-aKy-

-aKy-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
maybe a hobby-programmer made a program to make that functions usable. Or simply turn your pc into a hackintosh, then all that keys will work for sure :D

radish1

radish1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
haha would love to have OSX on my PC, but i havnt got a clue where to start, haha, i dont even know where to get the files from, i dont use bittorrents slightly wary of those.

i_am...me

i_am...me

Macbook Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
try this
http://www.pcrevs.co...rdInstaller.exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy