• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

maverick_pranav

maverick_pranav

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
here are my kexts for alc262....they work well on my vaio!
sound out works through both speakers and headphoness!
mic not working!

http://forum.insanel...o...&pid=517740

Kamil666

Kamil666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
maverick_pranav thanks for your drivers i must say no sound still, with bluetooth no problem as you see mic and sound is enabled and i can hear music but on your drivers i got 2 speakers none of theem work really. i wonder why, i have try i think all possible solutions there - anyway - my vaio got 2soundcards meaby there is something different with my model since it got 2 sound cards? - names are in my signature...

got any clue why i can get so obvius thing to work?

Attached Files

bronxboyXXX

bronxboyXXX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

here are my kexts for alc262....they work well on my vaio!sound out works through both speakers and headphoness!mic not working!http://forum.insanel...o...&pid=517740

I looked at your file but what i need to know are your vendor and sub vendor ids? and were you ever able to get the mic to work with any driver?

Thanks Mate but in my VGN-AR51MNo sound at all, very strange - because all looks like should work

Does any driver make your sound work?

bronxboyXXX

bronxboyXXX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

here are my kexts for alc262....they work well on my vaio!
sound out works through both speakers and headphoness!
mic not working!

http://forum.insanel...o...&pid=517740

try this & let me know how it works out for you.

Attached Files

impulsion

impulsion

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
ok, i figured out the problem!!! the alc262 kexts won't work on their own from this topic! i just reformatted and reinstalled kalyway with vanilla. i had to install the ALC262_F00.txt dump and reboot. then install the alc262 kexts from this topic, repair disk permissions and reboot. everything works beautifully again!!! give it a shot!

Attached Files

maverick_pranav

maverick_pranav

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
hi!...remember to remove appleazalia.kext...it works with that removed!...
works for me in iatkos and tiger...(only tested in those)...
also..
mic did work but lots of noise that was suppressing the sound out!..so edited and remove the support for that!.

subsystem id is :104d1500

if it still doesnt work then try to get a cedec dump your very own card as the problem would lie in the pinconfigution!..
just change that and it should luck!...

Kamil666

Kamil666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
My Audio details:

Realtek - Ventor 10EC Device 0262 Subsystem 104D2200 Rev 1001 (hmmm in dump i dont see Subsystem that i have!)
SigmaTel Ventor 8384 Device 7664
High Definition Audio Ventor 8086 Device 284B Subsystem 9016104D Rev 03

Everest shows
Realtek ALC262
SigmaTel CXD9872AKD

Dont know why 2 sounds but i guess ALC is my main
I will try all combination of your drivers there and let you know, but if you have more help i would be happy

Meaby noob question sorry, how do i dump my Hardware specs such as Codec Dump from Ubuntu for example?

bronxboyXXX

bronxboyXXX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

hi!...remember to remove appleazalia.kext...it works with that removed!...
works for me in iatkos and tiger...(only tested in those)...
also..
mic did work but lots of noise that was suppressing the sound out!..so edited and remove the support for that!.

subsystem id is :104d1500

if it still doesnt work then try to get a cedec dump your very own card as the problem would lie in the pinconfigution!..
just change that and it should luck!...

Have you tried the ALC262_500.txt file with Taugras patcher? It's supposed to work for you since its vendor and subsystem match yours perfectly.
if not could you please give it a shot and let me know if it actually works for you.

bronxboyXXX

bronxboyXXX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

My Audio details:

Realtek - Ventor 10EC Device 0262 Subsystem 104D2200 Rev 1001 (hmmm in dump i dont see Subsystem that i have!)
SigmaTel Ventor 8384 Device 7664
High Definition Audio Ventor 8086 Device 284B Subsystem 9016104D Rev 03

Everest shows
Realtek ALC262
SigmaTel CXD9872AKD

Don't know why 2 sounds but i guess ALC is my main
I will try all combination of your drivers there and let you know, but if you have more help i would be happy

You need an ALC262_200.txt codec dump. ill keep an eye out for one.

Attention everybody! If you have your own 262 codec dump please post them in this forum in the following format. "ALC", the last 3 numbers of the Vendor ID "262", an underscore "_" & the last 3 letters or numbers of your subsystem id "XXX"

example: ALC262_500.txt.
If the subsystem id has a revision number just include that too. example: ALC262_500 1b.txt.

This helps identify which codec dump you're using for improved compatibility.
Why nobody thought of this earlier is beyond me.

Kamil666

Kamil666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
sorry for double post, meaby noob question sorry, how do i dump my Hardware specs such as Codec Dump from Ubuntu for example?

Sorry for asking and nod searching http://forum.insanel...showtopic=74937
:P :P :P:P

can i dump other hardware parts to make theem somehow ready kext for OSX?, is there any threat howto convert linux drivers for mac os?

i did dump my card, i can see digital output led (infrared) and its working, sound still not, testing on...
i wonder why i got Address: 2

:D Still no sound and no mic with my dump
What i did , new LEo install took impulsion package . Patched with hdapacher with my 262_200 dump theen i did replace kext from impulsion package , crap... didnt help.

Attached Files

bronxboyXXX

bronxboyXXX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Here are the new kext drivers I promised you all. Technically speaking these are the ones you should be using
If your Mic is not working with the ALC262_XXX.txt files and Tauga's patcher.
just find the one that matches your subsystem ID. Enjoy & let me know if they fixed your problem.

Ps. 262_F00.zip is the same as my original driver. so if you downloaded that you don't need this.

Attached Files

Kamil666

Kamil666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Here are the new kext drivers I promised you all. Try them out and let me know how things work out.

thx mate i will try them bronxboyXXX
but since my dump got DigitalOut working i wonder where could be a problem, why should we replace AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext - isnt Torqua Patcher making theem?

bronxboyXXX

bronxboyXXX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

thx mate i will try them bronxboyXXX
but since my dump got DigitalOut working i wonder where could be a problem, why should we replace AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext - isnt Torqua Patcher making theem?

i just gave them a shot and i have a driver ready for you.

whats weird is that i have headphone & support for 2 internal speakers but I must choose the one i want manually in order for sound to work plus there was no
Mic however my file may fix that 4 you.

you don't need to replace the ALCinject.kext file in this case. just AppleHDA.kext because thats the file i modified

Attached Files

Kamil666

Kamil666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
bronxboyXXX - Thanks, but it seems i got bad karma or some curse over me, No sound, No Mic working (3bars sometimes blink in input, but thats just not mic), swiching between 2speakers no one works. Headphone jack olso do not work. What else could be wrong?

bronxboyXXX

bronxboyXXX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

bronxboyXXX - Thanks, but it seems i got bad karma or some curse over me, No sound, No Mic working (3bars sometimes blink in input, but thats just not mic), swiching between 2speakers no one works. Headphone jack olso do not work. What else could be wrong?

just one sec.. I'm going to test something

okay I just installed it and it worked. you probably messed up on the instillation. as for the audio are you hi-lighting the first instance of internal speakers?

first delete your AppleHDA.kext file
then open up the terminal window and type in

sudo -s "enter"
your password "enter"

copy and paste this in the next 3 lines

cd /System/Library/Extensions
chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext
chmod-R 755 AppleHDA.kext

"enter"

now navigate to /System/Library/ and delete Extensions.kextcache & Extensions.mkext (if this is lepard you will only see one). now reboot if this is not leopard
if it is go into disk utility and repair permissions and then reboot.

Kamil666

Kamil666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

just one sec.. I'm going to test something

okay I just installed it and it worked. you probably messed up on the instillation. as for the audio are you hi-lighting the first instance of internal speakers?

Dong!

As you can see in my signature i got two cards inside i did test something
I turned off ALC262 in Vista and my mp3 was playing !!!!!
I turned off SigmaTel card and there was no sound !!!!

What the hell theen? I do need to use SigmaTel driver for sound theen?
Why theen 2 Sound cards in Vaio?, Meaby ALC262 is only for Digital OUT?
omg i am confused !

now how to try dump Sigmatel zzzz

bronxboyXXX

bronxboyXXX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Dong!

As you can see in my signature i got two cards inside i did test something
I turned off ALC262 in Vista and my mp3 was playing !!!!!
I turned off SigmaTel card and there was no sound !!!!

What the hell theen? I do need to use SigmaTel driver for sound theen?
Why theen 2 Sound cards in Vaio?, Meaby ALC262 is only for Digital OUT?
omg i am confused !

now how to try dump Sigmatel zzzz

could be. but its working for me so you should at the very least have the card being recognized with my driver installed.

Kamil666

Kamil666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

could be. but its working for me so you should at the very least have the card being recognized with my driver installed.

I did just dump sigmatel !!!!! And it has adress 0 - So it looks like i have 2 sound cards, Now got question, did you changed adress in 262_200dump to 0 ?, i mean kext you generated for me got adress 0 or same as my original dump file?, do you want me to post Sigmatell dump there meaby?.

Can you tell me how do you make Kext, do you use Torqua patch or something else?, what mean Detected unsupported ***** Codec?

bronxboyXXX

bronxboyXXX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
no all i did was add the mic gain parameters and activate its pins. In any case the one I sent you is working but its possible you will need a second driver installed as well because there is no way you can have the same driver for two different chips or chipsets.

From what i can tell using this driver is the reason you seem to have two internal speakers is because one actually is an internal speaker and the other is the digital output which in my case is not working.

(BTW) How do you get a screen shot off a Mac? i want to show you what my system looks like using this driver.

wow I'm looking at this from every angle it's just driving me more & more nuts.

PS.. its not a bad sounding driver!.... I'm rather impressed. Update: F00 still sounds better to me :)

pss everything goes down in the AppleHDA.kext in a file called info.plist. there you can change the pins, mic gain and amp gain.

Kamil666

Kamil666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

no all i did was add the mic gain parameters and activate its pins. In any case the one I sent you is working but its possible you will need a second driver installed as well because there is no way you can have the same driver for two different chips or chipsets.

From what i can tell using this driver is the reason you seem to have two internal speakers is because one actually is an internal speaker and the other is the digital output which in my case is not working.

(BTW) How do you get a screen shot off a Mac? i want to show you what my system looks like using this driver.

wow I'm looking at this from every angle it's just driving me more & more nuts.

PS.. its not a bad sounding driver!.... I'm rather impressed. Update: F00 still sounds better to me :D

pss everything goes down in the AppleHDA.kext in a file called info.plist. there you can change the pins, mic gain and amp gain.

ALT+SHIFT+4 and point with mouse space wich you want to screenshot :)
I GOT WORKING SOUND, SPEAKERS, HEADPHONES, but no microphone only internal jack microphone all this WITH SIGMATEL - BUT MODDED SIGMATEL (by myself), do you have skype or MSN, it would be nice to talk to i am not sure how to fix mic.

I will combine and try to include sigmatel and alc262 (in my case digital output) and will put drivers in my signature :)
Thanks mate for help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy