[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Hi Superhai:

Your ACPIBattery.kext works fine for me !!!

Sonotone:

At the present, my laptop is recognized as a MacPro in the system profile.

Can I change this by, example, an MacBook? I tried a your Sonotone pack "MacBook AppleSMBios", but the system profile was full of errors .

Thanks you guys for sharing your great job!

Alright guys, I just fixed the Mute button function on the STAC9228 0x83847616 codec.

Just replace your AppleHDA.kext with my version and it will be fine.

Thanks goes to TBCarey for originally fixing the same problem on the STAC9200 codec; this was a bug with Taruga's AppleHDA patcher incorrectly flagging one of the keys in the Info.plist

Mute also works fine from the remote.

Enjoy :(

P.

Thanks Devilhood!

Thanks Devilhood!

No probs. I was actually taking a look at the latest AppleHDA.kext last night, the one that has a dedicated HDA Controller kext as the basis for all codec profiles.

I managed to customize it specifically for SIGMATEL 9228 but it doesn't seem to be working all that great; I'm going to have another go tonight and see if I can perfect it.

One thing I learn't though, XML Notepad 2007 and UltraEdit makes plist editing soooooooooo much easier on Windows :D

Hi Superhai:Your ACPIBattery.kext works fine for me !!!

Sonotone:At the present, my laptop is recognized as a MacPro in the system profile.Can I change this by, example, an MacBook? I tried a your Sonotone pack "MacBook AppleSMBios", but the system profile was full of errors .Thanks you guys for sharing your great job!

What do you exactly mean by full of errors?

I have iATKOS v2.0i installed and updated using kalaway 10.4.3 with vanilla 9.3.0 and everything is fine expect the cpu fan is on always.and running. Is there anyway to stop that and also there is a weird ticking noise from the hard drive aswell which is annoying. Any clues as to how to solve that

My system is a Dell xps M1330 with 4 gb ram and nvidia graphics card.

Also could anybody please guide me as to how I could map my keyboard for all the shortcuts coz the home key and end act as pgup and pgdown and also how I could map the windows key to the mac os cmd key.

Thanks

Is there anyway to stop that and also there is a weird ticking noise from the hard drive aswell which is annoying. Any clues as to how to solve that

Your other questions are explained in the first post more or less.

I didn´t find the post about the clicking noise, but to solve it use this file: hdapm.zip

Copy hdapm to /usr/bin and hdapm.plist to /Library/LaunchDeamons

If your disk is not the first (disk0) you will have to edit the hdapm.plist to reflect this.

Your other questions are explained in the first post more or less.

I didn´t find the post about the clicking noise, but to solve it use this file: hdapm.zip

Copy hdapm to /usr/bin and hdapm.plist to /Library/LaunchDeamons

If your disk is not the first (disk0) you will have to edit the hdapm.plist to reflect this.

Edit: Just found the thread explaining the cause, in-case anyone is interested: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t...amp;tstart=1471

Thanks for the HDAPM link Superhai, I totally forgot about this because the clicking isn't quite as bad on my XPS M1530 :P

Well, the computers name still being "MacPro"and no any hardware info (There was an error while gathering this information.)

That can happen if you're not using the SMBIOS injector, or if it was improperly installed.

Currently installer use stock AppleSMBIOS.kext and two AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext (harcoded to display computer as MacBook or MacBookPro)

I've just tried to install AppleSMBIOSEFI-Macbook and it's working as it should.

If it was improperly installed, check backup folder (/DellLaptops/backup), if there a file "AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext", just reinstall it onto Extensions folder.

I'm specifically referring to Chun-Nan's AppleSMBIOSEFI, which is what sonotone uses in his package.

Well, both package AppleSMBios (macbook and macbook pro) show the "it was improperly installed" message before the instalation.

BTW, the Chun-Nan's show a "MacBook Air 1.1"

Well, here's where I am with the M1530, thanks to all the hard work here. Just a few remaining bugs.

1) The shutdown bug (due to Nvidia drivers). No known fix now, maybe ever. System hangs on black screen just before power off.

2) Speedstep. Still not enabled using vanilla kernel. Have not tried the "Coolbook" 3rd party solution.

3) Sound disabled until after sleep. Of note - This happened when I applied the HDA kext directly from post 1 here or from the Devilhook mute fix. However, when I applied using Taruga 1.16, sound worked both before AND after sleep, but obviously no mute. Any known fixes?

4) Left touchpad tap as left mouse click - After installing Sonotone's FF two finger fix, I have working touchpad single tap for left mouse click. However, after sleep, left mouse tap no longer works, and I have to use the hard button. Anyone else have this issue or know a fix?

Believe it or not, I think it's those 4 items between me and a perfect Macbook. Many thanks to all. I have a feeling #3 and #4 are lickable too, possibly even #2.

Good work all and thanks.

first i want to thank Macgirl for this great topic :lol:

but i haven't understand something, the built in keyboard does work? and just to know where i'm standing, i built this specifications for m1330:

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5750 (2.0GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache)

LCD AND CAMERA Standard Display with 2.0 Megapixel Webcam

MEMORY 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz

HARD DRIVE Size: 160GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)

INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW Drive)

VIDEO CARD Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

WIRELESS CARDS Dell Wireless 1505 Wireless-N Mini-card

BATTERY OPTIONS 37Whr Lithium Ion Battery (4 cell)

SOUND OPTIONS High Definition Audio 2.0

FINGERPRINT SCANNER Biometric Fingerprint Reader

is this the ultimate specifications for m1300?

i just want to make sure it will all works.

+

it would be great if you add the "ultimate specifications" in the first post, that will save a lot of questions :]

thanks so much :(

Just have a fairly simple question... I just got a 1530 in, and thanks to all you guys / gals I have it work quite well. The one thing that doesn't seem to be working at the current moment however is the mic. I was trying to vid conf my brother earlier and the Mic didn't seem to work. I used the kext from the first post and haven't tried taruga's plain one yet.

When I look in the sound properties, it shows "internal microphone" however it is not capturing anything that I can tell.

I am sure i'll have more questions as the time comes but so far this bad boy is rocking hard. Loving it.

tbh I'm not sure what kext to recommend anyways, I only use Chun-Nan's because it reports my FSB correctly.

Would it be better for us to use your one?

You choose whatever suits you and works for you. There is a problem using the value SMBIOS provides instead of the calculated fsb passed to kernel, your clock will not count correctly. And alot depends on correct timings in OS X. OSX doesn not poll for correct timings, but just go on and on with the timing calculated at startup. One place its easy to see is that your clock will not be correct after a while (you might not experience this if your clock updates from internet).

Anyways, if you use my smbios kext, you can edit alot of values in the Info.plist in the kext. (FSB will not be used unless there is no FSB available from boot or SMBIOS.)

You choose whatever suits you and works for you. There is a problem using the value SMBIOS provides instead of the calculated fsb passed to kernel, your clock will not count correctly. And alot depends on correct timings in OS X. OSX doesn not poll for correct timings, but just go on and on with the timing calculated at startup. One place its easy to see is that your clock will not be correct after a while (you might not experience this if your clock updates from internet).

I am using your latest SMBIOSResolver with 10.5.4 and have found that my clock is slightly slow.

My temporary solution is to use modbin's kernel (the clock runs fine with this kernel and the 64_bit boot flag) but I'd rather use vanilla if possible. Do you think I could tweak the SMBIOSResolver plist to fix this clock problem when im using the vanilla kernel? Im using M1330 with penryn 2.6ghz. How would I go about adding in the correct FSB info?