[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=15474

has a little section on Bluetooth that seems to recommend changing the firmware while in Vista (downgrading). I'll try it out and post results as soon as I have something to test :(

I believe that is for the former bluetooth hardware. The 350 not the 355. But it won't hurt trying I guess.

--Just wanted to ask: Been noticing that everytime I reboot/shutdown it freezes with the screen off, but not quite shutting down all the way (power still going to the bluetooth indicator and doesn't reset). I have to hold down the power button to fully power it off. I thought I read something about it, but my searches are coming up empty. Any help with this one?

Same here, it has to do with the nvidia drivers, so hopefully it will work when 10.5.2 proper are out.

The thing about the battery has to do with the PowerManagement.bundle and AppleACPIPowerSource.kext, but this kext is not loaded if the "OSBundleLibraries" don't match with AppleACPIPlatform and IOACPIFamily, this kext is inside the AppleACPIPlatform as a Plugin, so edit the Info.plist and make the versions match.

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Hi, I installed iATKOS 1.0i with working NVIDIA graphics and sound through headphones. Great guide!

However, my Bluetooth doesn't seem to work. The only customizations I chose during install were the Darwin options, and I didn't bother to check the other ones. Were there Bluetooth drivers I had to include during install?

I proceeded to install Vista on the 2nd partition, and after tweaking the bootloader with EasyBCD, I was able to finally boot back into OS X. While I was on Windows I noticed that my Bluetooth hardware wasn't detected--what the hell?

Well, other than that, it's working great. I really want to get Bluetooth working though, so please help!

you can buy the Dell Truemobile 1390 card off ebay for $15 shipped [Jake123 tip]

My 1390 card arrived yesterday in the mail. I've plugged it into the WWAN slot of my m1530 (in between Ultra-wide-band and Wifi slots). So now i have two wifi cards plugged in.

And now I have network access... in fact, I'm posting this form Leopard.

Re: AUDIO

Hi all,

especially to those with the xps m1530 who have gotten it to work.. specifically... HOW??

It took me 2 days to get dual boot vista osx going with a working bootloader and have gotten video drivers, but my audio is non-existent. dell diagnostics says that it is a sigmatel stac 92xx. i have tried EVERY linux codec dump on taruga's appleHDA page that starts with 92...., so please don't point me there, and if so, also know i have dropped the dumps into versions 1.16 (as stated in the first thread on audio) and 1.20. Miraculously the azalia package has enabled the volume bar to appear, and songs can now play in iTunes, so some sort of audio device must be recognized as this was not true before, but it is not working. Admittedly, i am a n00b, but these posts and the internet resources out there have enabled me to get this far, i know i can finish it.

Who has gotten the audio to work on a m1530? and what did you do?

also, i'm not sure, but i think my reboot used to work until i installed the azalia pkg. anyone else?

Hi ahhhswitch!!!!

I have the xps m1530 and I have pretty much EVERYTHING working just fine (even the Blu Ray drive and sound)

The built-in speakers and the left headphone jack are working properly.

I used the Kalyway DVD by the way, to install leopard on my laptop

To get the sound card working this is what I did:

* I downloaded the AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16.app to apply the codecdump9228_rev1 (you can find them both on the forums, I don have the links rigth now)

* To apply the codecdump you just have to drag it on the AppleHDAPatcher and thats it.

And that was it for me!!!

I hope you get your issue solved

Cheers!!!

BY THE WAY!!! Mac Girl!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!! :) I am already your fan. Muchas Gracias :D

still no luck with the sound.

not a single codec dump works for me. therefore, i am attempting to get my own codec dump with knoppix, if that doesn't work, I'll have to look into the kexts. All i know for sure is that both the iATKOS and Kalyway versions run fine on my machine, and neither allows me to install the appleHDA patch.

perhaps my machine is diff. as i'm in canada?? highly doubt it. shipped from the u.s.

ven id is 8384 and dev id is 7616, same as in the codec dumps.

address is 0 in the dumps, could this be the problem? where would i find my address?

IT WORKED, FINALLY SOUND THRU SPEAKERS YAY :)

See Taruga's AppleHDA Thread, also the link to the kext is in first post.

You do not need ALCinject if you are using the gfx string.

IT WORKED, FINALLY SOUND THRU SPEAKERS YAY :wacko:

See Taruga's AppleHDA Thread, also the link to the kext is in first post.

You do not need ALCinject if you are using the gfx string.

I'm on uphucks EFI so I dont know if the GFX string's will work for me.... Would they?

Anyways.. use Kext Helper for best results... (attached)

Kext_Helper_b7.zip

thx macgirl,

i replaced my kext's with yours, but no luck. forgot to back mine up too, so now i'm reinstalling. It just states when I start that 'system extension cannot be used' 3 times, to inform me that alcinject.kext, applehda.kext/contents/plugins/IOHDAFamily.kext + appleHDAcontroller.kext are installed improperly.

am i overthinking this???

it seems most ppl have just run the hda patcher v1.16, dropped in a codec dump and voila.

basically i am using either kalyway or iATKOS, unzip the patcher on the desktop, drag in the codec, and no matter what it states that i have an unidentified/undeteced codec. Is there a FAQ on this? and also, is there an FAQ or guide to getting a linux dump? I just tried to run cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 mydump.txt and neither file is found or created.

has anyone else had a problem with the taruga codec dumps? windows just states my card is a sigmatel 92xx, is it possible i have something diff. than the 9228? vendor and device id are identical.

xps m1530

c2d t7500

2gb

gef. 8600m gt

160gb 7200rpm s ata

ok, fixed the loading just with repairing permissions at terminal after deleting extensions.mkext.sudo -schown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensionschmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensionsstill no sound. and the codec drops still say * detected unsupported sigmatel codeci'm going to work hard on getting my own codec dump, any help much appreciated.ok sorry everyone.found the FAQ section on what i want, just think i need BBEdit to save the file in the right format.ALROight!!!sound works.thx to all. own codec dump had diff specs than that on taruga's dumps. i'll email him mine for others.or perhaps you can just alter the beginning of another dump?>?address: 2vendor id: 0x83847616Subsystem id: 0x1028022erevision id: 0x100201do not copy + paste that, formatting is off, but numbers correct. also do NOT format in notepad, needs to be in unix line break format, using bbedit or some such. i just did my own dump with knoppix live, obviously because i had no way to alter the existing dumps to some information i did not know.thanx to all for your help, i hope that i will help someone with an m1530.

Hi macgirl, first of all thanks very much for this awesome guide.I have an m1330 and with your guide now i have a nearly perfect install(i bought an dell 1490 for wifi) except power down, stop and reboot :(Do you think that there is a hope that they working with 10.5.2 upgrade?Another little question...Can you send me the old kext for audio,beacuse with the lastest you have posted, my speaker works,but when i plug my earphone they don't stop play. Becausei work in a very silent place i prefer the old kext and audio only trough earphone.Thank you very much.IceloopSorry for maybe stupid question about audio..Only now i discover that if you can go to system preference and sound,in output tab you can choose the earphone audio output that mute the speaker,and you can ear the audio from right jack earphone! Thanks againIceloop

ok, fixed the loading just with repairing permissions at terminal after deleting extensions.mkext.sudo -schown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensionschmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensionsstill no sound. and the codec drops still say * detected unsupported sigmatel codeci'm going to work hard on getting my own codec dump, any help much appreciated.ok sorry everyone.found the FAQ section on what i want, just think i need BBEdit to save the file in the right format.ALROight!!!sound works.thx to all. own codec dump had diff specs than that on taruga's dumps. i'll email him mine for others.or perhaps you can just alter the beginning of another dump?>?address: 2vendor id: 0x83847616Subsystem id: 0x1028022erevision id: 0x100201do not copy + paste that, formatting is off, but numbers correct. also do NOT format in notepad, needs to be in unix line break format, using bbedit or some such. i just did my own dump with knoppix live, obviously because i had no way to alter the existing dumps to some information i did not know.thanx to all for your help, i hope that i will help someone with an m1530.

Just 1 post below of the one where I attached my already patched kext Superhai tell us about a new kext for STAC9228, neither of those need DeviceIDs because its patchs, try the new one you can control speakers and headphones, and Mic works. no nned to use the patcher, see Tarugas thread, I comented this on first post.

Hi macgirl, first of all thanks very much for this awesome guide.I have an m1330 and with your guide now i have a nearly perfect install(i bought an dell 1490 for wifi) except power down, stop and reboot :(Do you think that there is a hope that they working with 10.5.2 upgrade?Another little question...Can you send me the old kext for audio,beacuse with the lastest you have posted, my speaker works,but when i plug my earphone they don't stop play. Becausei work in a very silent place i prefer the old kext and audio only trough earphone.Thank you very much.IceloopSorry for maybe stupid question about audio..Only now i discover that if you can go to system preference and sound,in output tab you can choose the earphone audio output that mute the speaker,and you can ear the audio from right jack earphone! Thanks again Iceloop

The kext you are asking is in the psot #33, a few post above.

But you don't need that anymore, the new kext can make the headphones only if you choose them from the system preferences, but you need to use the second jack (middle), also Mic works (but only from jack).

Another little question...Can you send me the old kext for audio,beacuse with the lastest you have posted, my speaker works,but when i plug my earphone they don't stop play.

You can go into System Preferences -> Audio -> Output Device and switch, and then use the second headphone output instead.

Macgirl, you are awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.

I've got an m1330 here with Speedstep capability installed just fine, but I can't get both Speedstep and Battery status to work together. I definitely don't have the technical skills to figure this out, so does anyone have any tips on how this could be accomplished?

Thanks.

Hmmm... I'm still having a problem with the sound on my m1330. This is the first time I've tried to do anything with kexts, so please bear with me... I downloaded the two kexts that macgirl attached to the first page and tried installing them with Kext Helper, I also pulled AppleAzaliaAudio.kext out of /system/library/extensions. I can see the "internal speakers" option available in the System Preferences/Sounds, but I'm still not getting any sound out of my speakers. ;)

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm missing.

(BTW - I installed iAtkos 1.0i r2, and the only option I added during install was the EFI option.)

Thanks!

Orijnal

Hmmm... I'm still having a problem with the sound on my m1330. This is the first time I've tried to do anything with kexts, so please bear with me... I downloaded the two kexts that macgirl attached to the first page and tried installing them with Kext Helper, I also pulled AppleAzaliaAudio.kext out of /system/library/extensions. I can see the "internal speakers" option available in the System Preferences/Sounds, but I'm still not getting any sound out of my speakers. :)

(BTW - I installed iAtkos 1.0i r2, and the only option I added during install was the EFI option.)

Thanks!

Orijnal

I'm having the same problem as Orijnal. I'm using iAtkos too, and I had previously set up the headphone port to work.

Hello

I have installed the ToH, in my XPS M1530, The 8600 works, the sound works, the webcam and bluetooth works and the battery inditactor works.

But I only can use the Leopard.

The only way I can use vista is booting with Gparted and put my other HDD to boot.

How can I doo the dual bootin?

And 1 other thing, I only can boot with the leopard bootcd. How can I start leopard without the bootcd?

Thanks... and sorry for my english... :)

Macgirl, you are awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.

I've got an m1330 here with Speedstep capability installed just fine, but I can't get both Speedstep and Battery status to work together. I definitely don't have the technical skills to figure this out, so does anyone have any tips on how this could be accomplished?

Thanks.

Did you copy the PowerManagement bundle from speedstep package or other?

Does the AppleACPIPowerSource kext is loaded?

You can see with System Profiler under extensions or on Terminal with kextstat command.

Hmmm... I'm still having a problem with the sound on my m1330. This is the first time I've tried to do anything with kexts, so please bear with me... I downloaded the two kexts that macgirl attached to the first page and tried installing them with Kext Helper, I also pulled AppleAzaliaAudio.kext out of /system/library/extensions. I can see the "internal speakers" option available in the System Preferences/Sounds, but I'm still not getting any sound out of my speakers. :(

Thanks!

Orijnal

There are several reports about the samee issue, even I had no sound this morning, I erased the extensions cache rebooted and get sound again.

We are waiting for Taruga's answers.

Hello

I have installed the ToH, in my XPS M1530, The 8600 works, the sound works, the webcam and bluetooth works and the battery inditactor works.

But I only can use the Leopard.

The only way I can use vista is booting with Gparted and put my other HDD to boot.

How can I doo the dual bootin?

And 1 other thing, I only can boot with the leopard bootcd. How can I start leopard without the bootcd?

Thanks... and sorry for my english... ;)

Here are some guides for dual booting and fix the bootloader:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=39253

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1789