iATKOS 1.0 R2 Installation Instructions

Donk

78 posts in this topic

I am new to this can some please help me. I am runing Vista 32 bit on a Thinkpad.

Ok so I have VMware 6.5 Workstation and a gray MacBook Mac OS X Install DVD version 10.5.5

Now what? Can some please go through step by step what to do in VMWare to set it up I have tried for hours with no luck. Please someon I want to experence the MAC. Step by step starting from creating the VM.

Help!! Thanks much

• 2 months later...

im maked all and typed -v cpu=1 and stopped to Jettisenting kernel linker. And rebooted virtual machine and typed: cpu=1 and this happened and ball rolling what is in mac logo down and this not boot. how to fix? i have hp compaq 6715s. specs are: AMD Mobile Sempron 3600+, one gb memory, ATI Radeon X1270 what have 128 mb video memory

post-372177-1234030974_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hi

These instructions are a copy of those I made available on the Uphuck forums. Firstly, be aware this is not that stable with maybe 1 in 3 boots working correctly. Also no networking, sound or USB currently. You will need a DVD with iATKOS and an ISO of GPartEd cd.

1. You must use a real DVD in a real drive. This is was done with iATKOS 1.0i R2 DVD.

2. Host machine is a Dell D620 laptop running Windows XP SP2 with VMware Workstation 6.0.2.

3. This laptop does run a real installation of iATKOS from and external USB drive, except no network.

4. The VMX file needs to be quite specific and I have included it below:

# Hacked by Donk

bios.bootDelay = "5000"

checkpoint.vmState = ""

checkpoint.vmState.readOnly = "FALSE"

config.version = "8"

deploymentPlatform = "windows"

displayName = "Leopard"

ehci.pciSlotNumber = "33"

ehci.present = "TRUE"

ethernet0.addressType = "generated"

ethernet0.connectionType = "nat"

ethernet0.generatedAddress = "00:0c:29:7b:c7:78"

ethernet0.generatedAddressOffset = "0"

ethernet0.pciSlotNumber = "32"

ethernet0.present = "TRUE"

ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"

ethernet0.wakeOnPcktRcv = "FALSE"

extendedConfigFile = "leopard.vmxf"

floppy0.autodetect = "TRUE"

floppy0.fileName = "A:"

floppy0.present = "FALSE"

guestOS = "freebsd-64"

ide0:0.fileName = "leopard.vmdk"

ide0:0.present = "TRUE"

ide0:0.redo = ""

ide1:0.autodetect = "FALSE"

ide1:0.deviceType = "cdrom-raw"

ide1:0.exclusive = "FALSE"

ide1:0.fileName = "Z:"

ide1:0.present = "TRUE"

memsize = "768"

mks.keyboardFilter = "allow"

monitor = "debug"

nvram = "leopard.nvram"

pciBridge0.pciSlotNumber = "17"

pciBridge0.present = "TRUE"

scsi0.pciSlotNumber = "-1"

scsi0.present = "FALSE"

scsi0.virtualDev = "lsilogic"

sound.autodetect = "TRUE"

sound.fileName = "-1"

sound.present = "FALSE"

svga.autodetect = "TRUE"

tools.remindInstall = "TRUE"

tools.upgrade.policy = "useGlobal"

usb.present = "FALSE"

uuid.action = "KEEP"

uuid.bios = "56 4d 50 97 29 7a 74 3f-a8 4a 39 81 24 7b c7 78"

uuid.location = "56 4d 50 97 29 7a 74 3f-a8 4a 39 81 24 7b c7 78"

virtualHW.productCompatibility = "hosted"

virtualHW.version = "6"

Note no USB, sound, floppy, serial etc.

4. The BIOS settings must be correctly setup:

a. For the 2 IDE drives you need to set 32-bit I/O to enabled.

b. The floppy disk and chip must be disabled

c. Disable all serial and parallel ports

d. Large disk mode set to other

e. Boot order to CD first then Hard drive

5. Use an IDE virtual hard disk.

6. Next boot the DVD press F8 and use the "-v cpus=1" boot parameters.

7. Once you are in the installer use the Disk Utility to create a single partition and ensure that it is MBR based. Also make sure the volume label has no spaces in it.

8. Back in the installer select the new volume and then "Customize" button. You need to select the main iATKOS install plus the Darwin X86 Bootloader. Do NOT select anything else.

9. Now sit back and wait for the installer to work. Once it wants to restart let it, but it will almost certainly fail.

10. Next use the gparted ISO as the CD for the guest and boot from that. In gparted you need to ensure the boot flag is set for the partition. Indeed the best way to do this is set the flag off, reboot and set the flag on. There was another thread on this but can't find it at the moment.

11. Right now we need to boot into the iATKOS DVD again, so mount the DVD and carry out step 6 again.

12. Get to the customize install screen and deselect everything, and then select only:

Patches --> "Remove CPUPowerManagementDriver" and "Remove Thermal kexts"

13. Again when we get to the restart let the system shutdown rather than reboot.

14. Next boot again into the BIOS and change boot order to Hard Drive and then CD. Save and power off.

15. Power on again and this time should boot from hard drive, and again use F8 with the "-v cpus=1" kernel flags.

At this point it should take you through the Leopard first start screens. There are 3 issues that I haven't resolved.

A. Restarting always leads to a segment fault. So shutdown and power off then start up again.

B. Sometimes it just won't restart with CPU fault. Best to shutdown VMware and restart.

C. Network doesn't have a MAC address. This psi probably solvable but haven't had time to finish my work on this yet.

I have uploaded an start guest configuration to http://r a p i d s h a r e.com/files/83949264/Leopard.zip.html and as an attachment here. There are only VMware files in this zip, and the hard drive is empty. I will try and add some screenshots when I get time.

I've been trying to run in linux/ubuntu and it doesn't work

trying to get it to run in vmware / linux