Conexant HD Audio

anti_user

66 posts in this topic

Im using laptop Hewlett Packard HP530 with Conexant HD Audio.

My dump from Linux Ubuntu 7.04 in attachments

I use installer for this audio card, all works, but not work mic and headphone mini-jacks

--------

And im try to test internal speakers and headphone minijack in Linux Ubuntu 7.04 - its work perfectly, but i hasnt possible to try test mic minijack

Conexant_dump.txt

Im using laptop Hewlett Packard HP530 with Conexant HD Audio.

My dump from Linux Ubuntu 7.04 in attachments

I use installer for this audio card, all works, but not work mic and headphone mini-jacks

I'm using Toshiba Satellite P100-217 with Conexant HD Audio chipset.

Dump from Arch Linux. With Azalia kext I've got very silent sound (both jack and speakers).

Cheers,

Mik

conexant_ToshibaP100_dump.txt

here is my conexant

@ anti_user

my conexant is

Codec: Conexant CX20549 (Venice)

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x14f15045

Subsystem Id: 0x1734110e

Revision Id: 0x100100

yours is

Subsystem Id: 0x103c30d5

i don't know the importance of the subsystem id but those are the differences...

I managed to do a litlle trick though

the version from kaly does not work with sound but iiatkos does (and that's strange because they are both 10.5.1 )

i realy can't figure it out...

so i tried to do the folowing on the kaly system

- take the iatkos disc and extract the applehda.kext from there with pacifist

- install the kext with kext helper

no deal :(

so i reinstalled the iatkos system and now I have sound but no headphones or microphone

post-82867-1199463557_thumb.pngpost-82867-1199463582_thumb.png

so how can I figure out what to grab from this system and take into kalyista's system ?

why is this happening despite the fact that both systems are identical ?

besides the applehda.kext is there anything nedded to have a fully funcional soundcard ?

here is my conexant

@ anti_user

my conexant is

yours is

i don't know the importance of the subsystem id but those are the differences...

I managed to do a litlle trick though

the version from kaly does not work with sound but iiatkos does (and that's strange because they are both 10.5.1 )

i realy can't figure it out...

so i tried to do the folowing on the kaly system

- take the iatkos disc and extract the applehda.kext from there with pacifist

- install the kext with kext helper

no deal :rolleyes:

so i reinstalled the iatkos system and now I have sound but no headphones or microphone

post-82867-1199463557_thumb.pngpost-82867-1199463582_thumb.png

so how can I figure out what to grab from this system and take into kalyista's system ?

why is this happening despite the fac that both systems are identical ?

besides the applehda.kext is there anything nedded to have a fully funcional soundcard ?

I have found that the internal speaker audio is working with AppleAzaliaAudio.kext not AppleHDA.kext. I removed Azailia and my built in audio stopped working. Re-installed Azalia, and removed AppleHDA and my internal speaker audio worked again.

I have found that the internal speaker audio is working with AppleAzaliaAudio.kext not AppleHDA.kext. I removed Azailia and my built in audio stopped working. Re-installed Azalia, and removed AppleHDA and my internal speaker audio worked again.

Do you by chance encounter system lock-ups ?

I do and I have to hard reset my system.

Will install kaly and use your method to see if it is the audio or not.

Thanks for the info

Hello I have an HP Pavillion dv6000t

I have tripple boot with A custome XP, Leopard and Ubuntu 7.14

I got the dump file form my linux and have problems with my built in speakers, they dont work after my laptop felt ont the floor but the mic annd headphone works on linux and windows. So all I really want ti to be able to use headsets to listen to music and games.

codec_dump.txt

• 2 weeks later...

i've tried and tried, i cannot get audio from headphone jacks on conexant chipset.

when i go into system profiler, i see:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x103C30BB

is there anyone who has a conexant card with audio output, is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?? i'm about to go insane!!

(i've checked the wiki, but it's not really up to date for conexant...)

*falls over and dies*

• 2 weeks later...

Anti_user,

Today I will get one hp530 in my hand. I am going to install Kalyway in it . What is your suggestion?

Audio is CX20549 , and I saw your comment on it but what about Network ?it is Intel 82562GT.Will it work? Display will also work because it is GMA950.If atleast internal speakers and Display and either Internal Network or Wifi Ok i will buy one Hp 530 . It is available here in india for $770. Wifi will not work because it is Intel 3945.

Kindly share your experiance in Hp 530 and any suggestion or precausion before installing Leopard

I have 4 versions of leopard with me

a)Kalyway 10.5.1

b)IKATOS

c)Hot fix

d)TOH 895....... (Forgot the patch number)

Which you suggest?

Thanks in advance

Gopan

Anti_user,

Today I will get one hp530 in my hand. I am going to install Kalyway in it . What is your suggestion?

Audio is CX20549 , and I saw your comment on it but what about Network ?it is Intel 82562GT.Will it work? Display will also work because it is GMA950.If atleast internal speakers and Display and either Internal Network or Wifi Ok i will buy one Hp 530 . It is available here in india for $770. Wifi will not work because it is Intel 3945.

Kindly share your experiance in Hp 530 and any suggestion or precausion before installing Leopard

I have 4 versions of leopard with me

a)Kalyway 10.5.1

b)IKATOS

c)Hot fix

d)TOH 895....... (Forgot the patch number)

Which you suggest?

Thanks in advance

Gopan

My wi-fi Broadcom works greatly, i dont know about pcmcia cardbus (work or not work) and audio headphones and mic jack dont work. This laptop practicaly works good with Leopard... Your network card 10/100 should works ok (if its Intel)... But i dont know about wi-fi Intel, i have Broadcom. Im using Kaly 10.5.1

anti_user

Thanks for the reply about Hp530. Let me ask some more doubts regarding it. I have installed kalyway in it and It worked Interenal speaker,Display, Network, Touch pad , USB , battery meter (used new power management bundle)etc and Intel wifi is not working. I will purchase one broadcom wifi.

Problem is I have to keep the processor in single core mode by setting in bios. If it works in dual core mode in between crashes.

In bios which should be the Hard Drive mode ? SATA enabled ? Bit shift or LBA ? I am using with sata enabled with Bit shift .

My worry is it is not stable , If we do something kernal panic happens and crashes in kalyway.

I would like to work in both Win xpp and Leopard (Dual boot mode) In XPP dual core processor can work and every time changing in bios is difficult.

Apreciate if you can share your all suggestions and experiance in this Hp530 installation

Regards

Gopan

anti_user

Thanks for the reply about Hp530. Let me ask some more doubts regarding it. I have installed kalyway in it and It worked Interenal speaker,Display, Network, Touch pad , USB , battery meter (used new power management bundle)etc and Intel wifi is not working. I will purchase one broadcom wifi.

Problem is I have to keep the processor in single core mode by setting in bios. If it works in dual core mode in between crashes.

In bios which should be the Hard Drive mode ? SATA enabled ? Bit shift or LBA ? I am using with sata enabled with Bit shift .

My worry is it is not stable , If we do something kernal panic happens and crashes in kalyway.

I would like to work in both Win xpp and Leopard (Dual boot mode) In XPP dual core processor can work and every time changing in bios is difficult.

Apreciate if you can share your all suggestions and experiance in this Hp530 installation

Regards

Gopan

Well i also have a HP 530 laptop with 2gb ram (added 1) and T2050 core duo cpu.

I got working with kalyway.

I have sound only from internal speaker (btw the laptop has one speaker only! we have to fix the audio output someway!)

Intel 950 working nice.

Ethernet intel 10/100 working nice.

Wifi (3945) not working :(

From the bios i also have DISABLED the dual core cpu so i ran leopard as a "Core Solo" pc.

I don't encounter any kernel panics (anymore) but i disabled some features from bios.

I have left enabled the USB and PCMCIA ports, the wifi, the cpu DEP.

I think that i also have enabled USB Legacy support.

HDD doesn't matter if it's set to LBA or BitShift. Both working.

ALL the others are disabled. Dual Core mode cause panics for sure. I also think tha virtualization causes too.

But apart from these i mentioned to be enabled, all the others are left disabled.

ps.

I'm looking forward for an updated bios. Maybe we solve the cpu issue.

I wish i could load an award/intel bios on my hp... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey hi I am using iatkos v1.0ir2 but I can't use the headphones and I want to How can I do that. Im trying to use the AppleHDA patcher 17 look at the pics.

Im using laptop Hewlett Packard HP530 with Conexant HD Audio.My dump from Linux Ubuntu 7.04 in attachmentsI use installer for this audio card, all works, but not work mic and headphone mini-jacks--------And im try to test internal speakers and headphone minijack in Linux Ubuntu 7.04 - its work perfectly, but i hasnt possible to try test mic minijack
Hey hi I am using iatkos v1.0ir2 but I can't use the headphones and I want to How can I do that. Im trying to use the AppleHDA patcher 17 look at the pics.
Im using laptop Hewlett Packard HP530 with Conexant HD Audio.My dump from Linux Ubuntu 7.04 in attachmentsI use installer for this audio card, all works, but not work mic and headphone mini-jacks--------And im try to test internal speakers and headphone minijack in Linux Ubuntu 7.04 - its work perfectly, but i hasnt possible to try test mic minijack

post-186283-1204879374_thumb.png

post-186283-1204879385.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've got an hpdv6500 with connexant built in audio. I'm not seeing leopard 10.5.2 pick up any type of audio whatsoever. It's like the system doesn't see the internal sound. Does anyone know how to address this. Thanks.

-Slevin

PLEASE HELP!!! I CAN'T GET MY AUDIO TO WORK AND I HAVE IATKOS V1 R2 INSTALLED!!!

HERES WHAT I NEED HELP WITH, WHAT R U SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THE DUMPS ON HERE??? PLEASE HELP, SORRY FOR MY "NOOB" QUESTIONS/// thankssssssssss

• 5 weeks later...

My laptop is HP Pavilion dv2000t, MacOS X 10.5.1

Subsystem Id: 0x103c30cd

"Detected unsupported Conexant codec"

Help me plz

codec.txt

post-215192-1209286770_thumb.png

• 1 month later...