Ethernet Driver for Marvell 88E1116

MikeInNs

223 posts in this topic

Nevermind

Confirmed 100% working with leo4all3 and kallaway 10.5.2 releases.

I added a password for the administrator account

Downloaded the file from original entry

Dropped file into "kexthelper B7" utility (download from google)

Rebooted, unplugged powercable

****When Leopard was loading i pressed F8 and typed -f to load

Ethernet definately working

Asus p5n32-e sli plus

Thanks for all the hard work!!!!

I got my EVGA 680i ethernet working using this method. I am running Kalyway 10.5.2.

The only problem is that each time I turn off my computer, I have to unplug the power cable and boot with "-v -f" for it to work in OS X.

THANKS FINALLY WORKING FOR ME!!!!

I downloaded the one in the first post and used Kext Helper (download from google) to install this kext using the easy installation!

Then rebooted and quickly switched off my PC from the PSU button. Unplugged the power cable from the PSU AND Cable modem and waited about 30-60seconds. Plugged it back in, turned pc on and booted with "-f" into Mac OSX 10.5.2 KALYWAY and am posting this message from my new working internet!!!!!

I'M SO HAPPY!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS AWSOME KEXT!!!!!!

if i install it my mac crash??? kernel panic???

can you test for me this driver on leopard???

thanks ...

Panto91

please hel me .. jiji

no need to worried, u just try install it. if the driver not working just delete the kext.

i try 10 times with 4 driver.. i dont get any mac crash or panic etc...

:P good luck

try to download somethin and please let me know if it crashes or not. try to download a 100mb+ file. thanks

I downloaded a torrent which was about 1GB, with no problems and FULL speed (the usual speed i get at Windows XP) :)

BUT

After i restart my PC, the internet just wont work again ;)

I figured out that deleting the kext and reinstalling solves the problem, but only if i do NOT reboot again.

Is there any fix to that?

(and yes, the kext is in the right extension folder, but i dont know why it just doesnt load properly after a reboot :( )

I downloaded a torrent which was about 1GB, with no problems and FULL speed (the usual speed i get at Windows XP) :)

BUT

After i restart my PC, the internet just wont work again B)

I figured out that deleting the kext and reinstalling solves the problem, but only if i do NOT reboot again.

Is there any fix to that?

(and yes, the kext is in the right extension folder, but i dont know why it just doesnt load properly after a reboot :P )

Did you tried using -f (add it to the com.apple.Boot.plist file), so it rebuilds the kext cache each time you boot on mac?

Maybe it could help.

Did you tried using -f (add it to the com.apple.Boot.plist file), so it rebuilds the kext cache each time you boot on mac?

Maybe it could help.

Mmmm, not really no. Where is this file? In the kext? Or somewhere on the system?

Sorry, and thanks for the help!

EDIT

OK Found the file, but what do i change or include?

Thanks again for your help! :D

EDIT2

OK. I used my logic and added "-f" where it already said "-v -legacy".

Looks like it works (as of yet :unsure: )

Thanks, will report later on if it works for definate!

but ... when the leopard driver???

thanks ...

if i test on leopard, leopard break down??? kernel panic???

because i have leopard and i don't want to install tiger ...

thanks another time ...

Panto91

• 2 weeks later...

Running Kalyway 10.5.2 on Asus P5NE -SLI and cannot get nic working with any of the methods mentioned here. When I shut machine down and unplug the power cord/flip switch and deadhead power switch, all power is gone from the system (empty capacitors...). Plug it back in and turn it on then the lights on the lan port blink like normal till it boots to desktop, light go out and "lan cable unplugged...." in sys preferences. Im new to OS X (I do own a macbook though) so can someone piece all these directions together for a "clean cut" installation procedure? Also could anyone using this mobo with kalyway post their bios settings and OS X install method e.g. kernel choice....ect?

So far:

Both cores enabled

Installed on sata drive, can read/write

Audio works

Everything else is up in the air till lan starts working.

Hi to everyone! Have a problem with Marvell 88E1116 ethernet, motherboard ASUS M2NPV-VM, Zephyroth 10.5.2 Leopard is installed, but MacOS doesn't even see my device, these are only 2 Built-in-COM ports and FireWire port in network system preferencies and nothing else.

So here is my question, what should I do to make MacOS see my network device?

Hi to everyone! Have a problem with Marvell 88E1116 ethernet, motherboard ASUS M2NPV-VM, Zephyroth 10.5.2 Leopard is installed, but MacOS doesn't even see my device, these are only 2 Built-in-COM ports and FireWire port in network system preferencies and nothing else.

So here is my question, what should I do to make MacOS see my network device?

U need forcedeth.kext + nforceethernetcontroller.kext .

There are a few forcedeth.kexts out there.

One of forcedeth.kext is workable for u.

After u access internet ,u may facing pc freeze and hang up problem.

U need forcedeth.kext + nforceethernetcontroller.kext .

There are a few forcedeth.kexts out there.

One of forcedeth.kext is workable for u.

After u access internet ,u may facing pc freeze and hang up problem.

Thanks, problem solved! I installed SKGE.kext (added my device ID in info.plist) and my system saw my ethernet controller. But after reboot i've got kernel panic. I've also solved this problem by booting in -x mode and deleting forcedeth.kext and skge.kext. After that I installed nForceEthernet.kext and got my network up after reboot in normal mode, but also had a problem, my system hang deadly when I opened a shared network folder, then I just changed the speed of my controller to 100 Mb/s instead of 1Gb/s. Now everything work perfectly!