• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

demonfox13x

demonfox13x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
i tried using a rtl 8139 card but its still doing the same freezing =/ anyone have any ideas?

Dreamboy2K

Dreamboy2K

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hi Guys,
i have a working install of Leopard AMD 10.5.2 (zephyroth, with EFI and company).
I tried this driver on my ASUS M2N-SLI DELUXE, which has 570 Nforce controller.
It works, but every time i try to download something the system freezes and asks for reboot.

Any idea?
Thanks.

hacksquad

hacksquad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i noticed apple has their own version of AppleYukon2.kext inside IONetworkingFamily.kext, so i removed it and insert the nforce kext in there.. then i disabled PEG in the bios, its something to do with pci-e overclocking, the graphic card and marvell chip are runnin on pci-e.. its a lot stable then before.. it still freezes once in a while.. but not like before.. i used to get kernel panic every 5 minutes..;)

Dreamboy2K

Dreamboy2K

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Can you explain it step by step? It might be useful for all!

w00l

w00l

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi Guys,
i have a working install of Leopard AMD 10.5.2 (zephyroth, with EFI and company).
I tried this driver on my ASUS M2N-SLI DELUXE, which has 570 Nforce controller.
It works, but every time i try to download something the system freezes and asks for reboot.

Any idea?
Thanks.

try to add "cpus=1"

SilverSix311

SilverSix311

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I decided to try this out today. I installed everything and it shows that i have an AirportExpress Wireless connected instead of two ethernets lol. It shows the airport and en1 as i have a PCI taking en0. This is kinda odd. Umm from what i noticed it ran well, then i went to my class at around 6 oclock and when i got home it had froze. So i decided to Try it out again. I once again surfed then net for about 5-10 minutes and BAM the keyboard and mouse froze, but i saw that one of yalls avatars was still showing animation so the comp didnt freeze :P but now im stuck if you guys want me to help you figure out everything lead me in the way. Im a MAC idiot so i dunno everything. I'm good with windows, so bear with me. Umm i just installed LEOPARD 10.5.1 i think the other day, im using iAtkosv1.0r3 + KalywayIntelComboUpdate 10.5.2. The ethernet is up and running though. Just gotta iron out kinks. I have not done anything other than run the initial install. So if theres anything i need to do lemme know.
Thanks for the Driver BTW!!!
~SilverSix311

MrRoper

MrRoper

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

i noticed apple has their own version of AppleYukon2.kext inside IONetworkingFamily.kext, so i removed it and insert the nforce kext in there.. then i disabled PEG in the bios, its something to do with pci-e overclocking, the graphic card and marvell chip are runnin on pci-e.. its a lot stable then before.. it still freezes once in a while.. but not like before.. i used to get kernel panic every 5 minutes.. :censored2:

huh... whatta ya know. interesting discovery Vincent , wish i had gotten the chance to play around before i shipped my 680i off.... I'll try again when i get my 780. i believe they use the same LAN chipset. (i think)

I decided to try this out today. I installed everything and it shows that i have an AirportExpress Wireless connected instead of two ethernets lol. It shows the airport and en1 as i have a PCI taking en0. This is kinda odd. Umm from what i noticed it ran well, then i went to my class at around 6 oclock and when i got home it had froze. So i decided to Try it out again. I once again surfed then net for about 5-10 minutes and BAM the keyboard and mouse froze, but i saw that one of yalls avatars was still showing animation so the comp didnt freeze :blink: but now im stuck if you guys want me to help you figure out everything lead me in the way. Im a MAC idiot so i dunno everything. I'm good with windows, so bear with me. Umm i just installed LEOPARD 10.5.1 i think the other day, im using iAtkosv1.0r3 + KalywayIntelComboUpdate 10.5.2. The ethernet is up and running though. Just gotta iron out kinks. I have not done anything other than run the initial install. So if theres anything i need to do lemme know.
Thanks for the Driver BTW!!!
~SilverSix311

MikeInNS is done i think, he hasn't answered since november of 2007
This project nforceethernetcontroller project was picked up by iNOOB but i've not seen any results different than what i experienced with MikeInNS's version. I'm guessing that as time goes on a suitable stabile driver will be developed as more people own this lan chipset. who knows....

i've experienced similar usb drops. I'm not entirely sure what mine are the result of. I am not using my onboard lan anymore except to test ethernet controllers and am using a PCI nic for ethernet for some peace of mind. I've tried a myriad of things not limited to: EHCI usb 2.0 fix, many different smbios kexts, system kexts, kernels....

at any rate, and i HATE this answer. but for me at least on my 680i, the work-around to the usb drops for the time being was to boot up with the cpus=1 boot flag at the F8 prompt.

booting with one core didn't solve anything for me with regards to the nForceEthernetController tho, i was still locking up under load. :)

demonfox13x

demonfox13x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
cpus=1 should fix it, it might be meDevils sata kext causing you to freeze. i gave up on this driver and went with a usb ethernet. even after that i was freezing so i looked at my activity monitor while downloading and noticed that my diskusage wasnt moving when it froze i connected my SATA -> IDE controller and its all gravy now =)

codingmonkey

codingmonkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
So I know it says in the first post that this is for Mac OS X 10.4, but I was wondering, has anyone has got it to work successfully in Leopard? Thanks!

Quigster

Quigster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Success. I was able to get it to work on my computer running Leopard.Here is what I am runningGigabyte Ga-M57SLI-S4Athlon 64 x2 4200+2 gig ramNvidia GeForce 7900 GS 512mbNow I just need help getting my graphics working correctly so I can change resolution and get it to recognize my audioWell, I thought it was working but the moment I try to download any updates to Safari or anything the screen darkens and a message appears saying I need to restart my computer. I have no clue how to get the updates downloaded because I tried both through update and also from the download site and the same thing happened. If anyone can help I will appreciate it.

cosmoLV

cosmoLV

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i got sometimes cernel panic ;) after installing this kext

My specifications:
installed: Zephyroth 10.5.2 Rev.2

CPU: AMD 64 x2 5000+
MB: Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 - [ chipset: nForce 570 SLI, Network controller: Marwell 88E1116, Audio: Realtek ALC883 ]
RAM: 2 x 1GB DDR2 800MHz
GPU: GeForce 7900GT - 256 MB / 256 Bit
HDD: OS X on Seagate 160 GB SATA II
DVD-R/RW: LiteOn
AUDIO - OnBoard: Realtek ALC883
LAN - OnBoard: Marwell 88E1116

DvP

DvP

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
My only solution with the 680i was a wireless usb device (WG111v3) and connecting only pata devices. MeDevils Sata Driver and other Lan dongles caused all freezes. Even Realtek PCI 8139 and D-Link wireless USB which is supposed to work. But now its stable.

kwik

kwik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a noob, after six months of tinkering i finally got leopard installed on my 680i mobo. i got the sound and graphics working, but have not found a solution for ethernet. the last driver i tried has locked up my system preferences. when i select the network option under the system preferences, it stops responding and i have to force quit, the lan never worked but now it wont even let me in the system preferences. please help, i will repost when i find the driver i last installed.

evga 680i mobo
intel Pentium D 915, 2.8 Ghz
PNY NVidia GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB
3GB Corsair DDR2 800
120 GB ATA
250 GB SATA, 80 GB SATA, 120 GB SATA
Lite On SATA DVD+-R/RW
Apple USB Key Board
Microsoft USB Mouse
Kalyway 10.5.1, Kalyway 10.5.2 combo update
Vista Ultimate

demonfox13x

demonfox13x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
save yourself alot of trouble and get a USB Ethernet. Its plug n play :P

muitommy

muitommy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:Piano x Mac OS X
@DEMONFOX13X
which USB ethernet did you buy? no freeze due to it at all??
how much is it? i wanna grab one for myself ..
i am tired of the onboard lan and 8139 ....

bencousens

bencousens

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi,

I have the eVGA 680i and having read this thread it seems it's not even worth my while trying to get my (now finally stable) Leopard built to work with this driver.

Can anyone recommend a modern wireless USB dongle that I can just plug in that will work straight away with no driver installs needed? Preferably Netgear as I have a Netgear router (I like continuity).

demonfox13x

demonfox13x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
@muitommy

Dlink dub e100

gigolo19

gigolo19

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, my problem is that leopard only loads this driver when it boots in safe mode, but when it starts on normal mode, it says: nForceEthernetController.kext couldnt be loaded.

Bryce

Bryce

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just want to add that your drivers are working successfully on gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 although experiencing KP during transfers with packet size greater than 200. Solved that with booting cpus=1. Now computer is 100% fully functional!

moskito99

moskito99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
still our goal should be to make it work with 2 cpus...:-)

any future devlopements on that? mine is a beauty with 1 cpu...all running fine with the network driver....but once i have 2 cpus it crashes with a lil load....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy