• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

xtraa

xtraa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

How are you all getting the Leo Install so small to restore it to the dmg? I've been working for hours and mine went from 7.XGB to 4.4GB at the moment, still too big, with almost no apps and everything that you said to delete plus ALL languages from the apps (Get Info>Languages>Delete all but english). How can yours possibly be 3.8GB without deleting tons of stuff that isn't listed here? Am I missing something? Yes, I went into Private/var/vm/ and got the swap and checked for the sleepimage but I don't have that enabled so it wasn't there. (Yes i had view hidden files on.) Also I deleted many fonts and all screensavers except for current. I deleted all voices including current and all else in the speech folder as well.

Download monolingual and wipe all the ppc {censored} out of your apps and system files.

http://monolingual.sourceforge.net/

Ok, great. The DVD boots fine, but the entire volume is corrupted in permissions, so I have to repair them. The problem is, how do I repair that volume?

I would do it that way:

dd the imagefile to an empty hd. Once it is there, just repair permissions from your actual Leopard installation and after that use the diskutility to save it back as an image.

just hdiutil attach the image with the option -readwrite -owners on

cparm

cparm

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 997 posts

Clone X didn't work for me so now I am trying this method. I'm burning the DVD right now, will report back on how it goes :D

clone X work, i mean clone X can build the DVD achitecture, but you will have to change the boot loader of the LiveDVD

with for exemple, the Chameleon boot loader, see the chameleon website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy