Getting DG33TL to work

ive scene enough

133 posts in this topic

Best solution would be Ideneb 10.5.6 I had issues with all other versions "Atkos, IPC"

Looking for some type of tutorial to get iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) work on the below specs.

DG33TL

Q6700

6GB DDR2 800Mhz Corsair Gaming Memory

8800 GT OC BFG

1 TB WD HDD

I also have iPC 10.5.6

My biggest dilemma is selecting the right kexts to work with these specs. Please can someone help me out. In the OSX86 DG33TL it says that iDeneb is compatible with this motherboard. In the past i have used Kalyway 10.5.2 and used the combo update successfully, but i want 10.5.6. Thanks in advance

Hey guys! I also have the DG33TL motherboard aund i got iDeneb 1.4 to work.

I bootet the install DVD with -v and nothing else. I activatet in the Bios HPET and turned UEFI boot off. I set Sata to AHCI but i have an IDE Harddrive and it works very fine. Onboard lan and sound works well too. At the install menu I chose the Viaata kext, Nvinject kext, the STAC audio kext and the onboard lan kext. The only thing that isn't working is EFI.

My specs:

DG33TL

Geforce 9800GT

40gb Ide Harddisk

Ide DVD/RW (Samsung Writemaster)

2gb ram

Intel core2duo e4500

Hope this is helpful

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys! I also have the DG33TL motherboard aund i got iDeneb 1.4 to work.

I bootet the install DVD with -v and nothing else. I activatet in the Bios HPET and turned UEFI boot off. I set Sata to AHCI but i have an IDE Harddrive and it works very fine. Onboard lan and sound works well too. At the install menu I chose the Viaata kext, Nvinject kext, the STAC audio kext and the onboard lan kext. The only thing that isn't working is EFI.

My specs:

DG33TL

Geforce 9800GT

40gb Ide Harddisk

Ide DVD/RW (Samsung Writemaster)

2gb ram

Intel core2duo e4500

Hope this is helpful

Hi,

I have fairly the same setup except I have all SATA drives, and I'm getting kernel Panic saying that "BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown" with the iDeneb 1.4 installed and showing Success and ALL, but I can't boot it.....SADLY

I was wondering if you can clarify as to which KEXT exactly that were installed again to make it all magically work? I don't see the "VIAATA KEXT" that you were talking about or maybe I didn't find it......

DG33TL

Geforce 9800GT

4 SATA HD and SATA DVD

8GB RAM

INTEL Q6600

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I see by your posts that you have gotten your hackintosh to work, I was looking for some tips.

Here is my setup:

Intel DG33TL

Q6600 Quad

OCZ 6400 4 gigs RAM

500 Gig Sata

Panasonic SW-5583 Sata Blu-ray

XFX 8800 GT 384 Alpha Dog Edition

I have downloaded the Kalyway 10.5.2 install and burn it to a Verbatim DL DVD. After screwing with the bios I got the install to work. It boots to the Apple screen with the icon making the rotation, then it states after about two minutes that a Restart is needed. I do that and it does the same thing happen. My guess is that it my be an issue with the 8800.

My main question is what selections to make in the options of the kalyway install. Any insight would be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the DG33TL motherboard as well, and have successfully been able to get osx 10.5.2 installed with networking. I had to find the intel85266MM.kext file and install it with kext helper, but never the less, I have it up with internet. I have found the stac9271D for the intel on-board highdef drivers, but umm for some reason, they don't work.

• 1 month later...
I have the DG33TL motherboard as well, and have successfully been able to get osx 10.5.2 installed with networking. I had to find the intel85266MM.kext file and install it with kext helper, but never the less, I have it up with internet. I have found the stac9271D for the intel on-board highdef drivers, but umm for some reason, they don't work.

hello. where did you find the intel85266MM.kext? i've googled all over for it but no joy.

i got my DG33TL up and running with kalyway 10.5.2 last week. installed sleepy (default) and kabyl kernels. may reinstall with vanilla. 4 gigs of ram, core2quad processor (2.83GHz), lots of SATA drives (disconnected all but optical and first two HD's for install to work), using most recent bios but had to configure HD's as IDE to be able to install. probably taking a performance hit but not much. video card -- radeon 4670 -- is not supported (recognized as standard vesa) but works. using an old asus wl-167g usb wifi dongle for network for now. goofy looking but it works. eSATA & USB work, have not yet tested firewire. got audio working using kexts available in this thread (the beta test ones). had to reinstall with no audio drivers in order to get them to work. the rig is dual boot with vista and osx. i must admit leopard loads faster and looks better. still seem to have a problem with shutting down and random shutdowns. hope to fix that tonight.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Has anybody managed to get the Leopard retail dvd installation to work? I can get mine up to the Apple installer screen with boot132, but it then just hangs on the grey apple screen, and eventually shows a "no entry" sign in the middle of the screen. There is no dvd activity after getting to that screen. After reading a bit through this thread it sounds like my dvd drive might be the issue, as it is an IDE drive (judging by the cable plugged into it anyways).

Any tips?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
Hi guys

Has anybody managed to get the Leopard retail dvd installation to work? I can get mine up to the Apple installer screen with boot132, but it then just hangs on the grey apple screen, and eventually shows a "no entry" sign in the middle of the screen. There is no dvd activity after getting to that screen. After reading a bit through this thread it sounds like my dvd drive might be the issue, as it is an IDE drive (judging by the cable plugged into it anyways).

Any tips?

Thanks!

if you read the earlier threads and entries you'll see you have to have the optical drive on the first SATA port to get osx on this board. i didn't even try with an ide drive.

i am going to try to install snow leopard from the retail disk this weekend. leopard 10.5.8 (iDeneb distro) has been working fine (Sound, LAN, etc.) for months. it even recognizes an add in SATA controller card (Sil3132) with the stock driver. but i just keep tinkering... i swapped the hd2600xt video card out of this rig and replaced it with an hd4670 this weekend and had problems. the 4670 worked fine (sort of) the first time i installed leopard (in 1024x768 mode only -- which is why i replaced it with the hd2600xt from another rig). but i had to switch back again to free up pcie slots on the mobo of the other rig (gpu cooler to dam big), and now i can only boot in safe mode. otherwise the white screen of snow blindness. if this were windoze it would be smart enough to figure out i had changed video cards and at least revert to the default driver. but not osx. (i like it but i'm no fanatic. linux is fine with me and winblows 7 aint so bad either.) i figure i probably have to reinstall osx anyway to get the video card sorted, so i reckon i may as well go all the way and install 10.6 (which apparently supports ati 46xx cards). will post back results