Bugs in 9a559

Fizzeh

93 posts in this topic

Just setup AFP on two different Linux boxes which can be mounted just fine...

Strange is that it always connects to the first mounted AFP volume...

so to get to the share on the 2nd AFP drive I have to disconnect

the 1st one and then connect to the 2nd one...

And this is even more strange (o;

Also had the same issue with Safari and Software Updates stalled after a few seconds...

Downloaded manually the iLife updates from Apple, installed...and now it's fine again...

Can download now files in Safari and also did a Software Update for Numbers/Pages/Keynote...

cheers

davori

Another Bug in 9A559:

on a swiss-keyboard you wasn't been able to use the dot on the numpad in the Calculator.app ... till now ... now with 10.5 it is finally possible to use it! (after more than 10 Years!!!) ... the App takes the dot as an comma (cause in Germany, they use a comma for the separation, in switzerland, we use the same as US ... dots!)

BUT if you want to calculate with decimals, you get an error:

post-137122-1190957681_thumb.png

I´ve got problems with fan control on my MBP 2,16 C2D.

The fans are starting to run faster at 85° until then, they go at 3000RPM. Tried P-Ram-Reset SMC-Reset.

I dont know if this is right like that. Can anybody confirm this issue?

Greetz,

Felix

I am having problems connecting to protected WiFi networks with this latest build. Although I enter account name and password after trying to connect to my WPA2-Personal protected network, I am unable to connect. I get a dialog box mentioning that I should enter a PIN code in AirPort utility.

I have two other Macs running Tiger and they had no problems connecting to the WPA2 protected network.

Any ideas or solutions?

I've had WAY more issues with this build than any since the WWDC preview. Wierd. I'm on a MDD Dual 1ghz G4 with a gig of ram. No other odd hardware, and didn't install any 3rd party apps after I put leopard on it. As always, I did a format/fresh installation.

The system seems to hang (for a few minutes) quite often. Trying to quit Safari, has done this, iTunes, etc... Sometimes I'll want to give up on the spinning rainbow ball and force a restart, but generally if I leave it for another 10 minutes it'll come back.

Diskutility has had problems partitioning and erasing an internal drive that the Tiger Diskutility is OK with... perhaps its just doing more checks and this disk is about to fail, I don't know.

Now, this morning, I can no longer pull up System Preferences. The application starts up, and I get the menus for System Preferences, but no window shows up. I've tried deleting the .plist files for it to no avail.

I then tried checking permisions etc. and found that Diskutility is incredibly slow at checking disks and repairing permissions, again after many many minutes with no sign of activity in the log, I almost gave up, but just went for coffee and 5 min later it had started running thru the messages of checks its doing. LOTS of ACL list not expected messages. Don't know what that means.

Anyway after many reboots, trying another new user to check, I still can't get the System Prefs to come up so I'm reinstalling it.

Other than THIS... seems GREAT! :unsure:

iLife should work now due to the updates!

Safari is still annoying, and I just started to get the software update bug...also, downloads don't show up in the download window of FireFox...they work, but I can't see progress or owt.

the Safari downloading problem is one I get too. I agree that running a torrent app at the same time makes it happen more frequently, but if I temporarily quick the torrent then relaunch Safari, the download works as it should. Annoying, but not a deal-breaker for this otherwise awesome build.

the Safari downloading problem is one I get too. I agree that running a torrent app at the same time makes it happen more frequently, but if I temporarily quick the torrent then relaunch Safari, the download works as it should. Annoying, but not a deal-breaker for this otherwise awesome build.

Agreed, but when I can't seem to remedy the problem, I simply use DownThemAll! in firefox (launch the url via. quicksilver), it seems to balance out the problem.

Also, pdf download is slower than other items for some odd reason.

I'm having problems with quicktime playing sometimes movies like twice the speed while the sound is at normal speed. Relaunch helps for now...
Solution: Don't use QuickTime Player. Seriously. Why would you now that you have QuickLook? So much faster, more convenient and you can even play movies consecutively.

Solution: Don't use QuickTime Player. Seriously. Why would you now that you have QuickLook? So much faster, more convenient and you can even play movies consecutively.

Quicktime is just more flexible than quicklook. Quicklook is way to make sure that file is the file I am looking for. And that bug isn't that big problem...happened to me only twice... :(

Has anyone tested XCode 3.0? When I launch the project, and throughout working with the project, I keep getting Internal Errors(uncaught exceptions). The error is "*** -[NSCFArray insertObject:atIndex:]: attempt to insert nil" I'm working with a project made with XCode 2.4, and this is very annoying. I think it's a show-stopping bug, even in the beta, since if XCode doesn't work, then developers can't make applications built for leopard.

If anyone's interested in investigating, the stack trace is as follows:

9/29/07 1:28:11 PM Xcode[260] ** INTERNAL ERROR: Uncaught Exception **

Exception: *** -[NSCFArray insertObject:atIndex:]: attempt to insert nil

Stack:

0 0x92863638 __raiseError (in CoreFoundation)

1 0x9006a09b objc_exception_throw (in libobjc.A.dylib)

2 0x9286341b +[NSException raise:format:arguments:] (in CoreFoundation)

3 0x9286345a +[NSException raise:format:] (in CoreFoundation)

4 0x96755ed0 _NSArrayRaiseInsertNilException (in Foundation)

5 0x966754b4 -[NSCFArray insertObject:atIndex:] (in Foundation)

6 0x966753c4 -[NSCFArray addObject:] (in Foundation)

7 0x928584cc -[NSArray makeObjectsPerformSelector:withObject:] (in CoreFoundation)

8 0x005b7a99 -[XCTargetDGSnapshot initWithInformationFromTarget:forBuildAction:configurationName:] (in DevToolsCore)

9 0x005b75ab -[XCNativeTargetDGSnapshot initWithInformationFromTarget:forBuildAction:configurationName:] (in DevToolsCore)

10 0x005b7529 -[PBXTarget createDependencyGraphSnapshotForBuildAction:configurationName:] (in DevToolsCore)

11 0x005b7376 -[PBXTarget propagateTargetSnapshotIfNeeded] (in DevToolsCore)

12 0x92858175 -[NSArray makeObjectsPerformSelector:] (in CoreFoundation)

13 0x005b70a0 -[PBXProjectIndex _startIndexing] (in DevToolsCore)

14 0x005ab92e -[PBXProjectIndex _doIndexing:] (in DevToolsCore)

15 0x9667b2ac __NSThreadPerformPerform (in Foundation)

16 0x927eb9d8 CFRunLoopRunSpecific (in CoreFoundation)

17 0x927ec078 CFRunLoopRunInMode (in CoreFoundation)

18 0x905aae28 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode (in HIToolbox)

19 0x905aab7a ReceiveNextEventCommon (in HIToolbox)

20 0x905aaab5 BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode (in HIToolbox)

21 0x93864c2f _DPSNextEvent (in AppKit)

22 0x93864573 -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] (in AppKit)

23 0x9385d628 -[NSApplication run] (in AppKit)

24 0x9382a9bd NSApplicationMain (in AppKit)