AppleHDA: ALC880 / ICH7 working, Guide to adapt

macdanger

47 posts in this topic

well ... 1st of all, macD, great work ... but ... (there's always a "but" ... lol)

I've tried on my D915GAV, and after a lot of tries, all i've been able to have is a very beautiful "Alcinject is not correctly installed" (or somethin' like that ... i'm in french, not in english ! loool)

Any Ideas ? Maybe Amalf (that has the same mobo than me ...) could explain how he does the trick ...

Basic informations :

- Jas 10.4.8

- D915GAV

- and ... well .. Dunno what to say more than that !lool

Thx for Helping !

@MadTux:I did trial and error, but this only gave me a crackling line-out, nothing else. I completely recreated the layout. This is not so difficult and is descibed in Tarugas Guide. U need either a linux codec dump of your sound chip or you just go to the Realtek website. The have a very fine documentation (data sheet) about their codecs. In the documentation there is block diagram of all connections the chip has. These connections (or relations) must be presented in the layout.Example:You want to add line-out... you need a plug, an amplifier and a sound source. If you look into the documentation of the realtec alc880 in the block diagram you will find this:Fount-OUT-L/R (14h) ---> Amp (0Ch) --> DAC (02h)If you are not sure, if this is the plug you want, verify this in your linux dump where the plugs are better described:Node 0x14 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018d: Stereo Amp-Out Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1 Amp-Out vals: [0x00 0x00] Pincap 0x083f: IN OUT HP Detect Pin Default 0x01014010: [Jack] Line Out at Ext Rear Conn = 1/8, Color = Green Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT Connection: 1 0x0cAnd additionally you can see to which amp it connects (0x0c)The only pain is that you have to calculate all values from hexa decimal (in the dump and the data sheet) to decimal values in the plist.I hope this helps a bit :-)greetings macdanger

well ... 1st of all, macD, great work ... but ... (there's always a "but" ... lol)I've tried on my D915GAV, and after a lot of tries, all i've been able to have is a very beautiful "Alcinject is not correctly installed" (or somethin' like that ... i'm in french, not in english ! loool)Any Ideas ? Maybe Amalf (that has the same mobo than me ...) could explain how he does the trick ...Basic informations : - Jas 10.4.8- D915GAV- and ... well .. Dunno what to say more than that !loolThx for Helping !
This error comes from kexts that doesn't have the right permissions in the file system. Just do a "Repair Permissions" in the Disk Utility and ALCInject should load fine!

This error comes from kexts that doesn't have the right permissions in the file system. Just do a "Repair Permissions" in the Disk Utility and ALCInject should load fine!

yep ... done it ... but the thing was that the diskutility was saying that everything was ok ... now it's ok, but ... still have no idea on how to make it work on a D915GAV ! looll ... i've followed the instructions, and well .. Azalia gives me sound right now ! loool

By the way, Amalf, can you send me your AppleHDA and ALCInject please ?

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I have a Toshiba P-205 laptop.

I have Leopard installed, my webcam everything works minus Microphone/Input Jack.

The package below always works and remains to restore my sound after trying the tons of kext options to get my microphone working.

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

In the info.plist it shows I have the 880 is this correct? If so what am I doing wrong here:

I install ALC883Audio.pkg for the ACLinject.kext

Property List Editor to edit the Info.plist of ALCinject.kext changed <0c000000> to <34000000>

Removed AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

Copied the AppleHDA.kext to your /System/Library/Extensions

Repaired permissions, restart and crossed fingers :-)

I did this multiple times using set/repair permissions utility via this site as well.

Any ideas or help is welcomed :D

so, anybody got it working with ad1986A maybe? later this night i will try to figure it out. hopefully:P

and if anybody has any kext supporting mic in/line in/out (in other words: full working) pls send them to milosz.engel@gmail.com or PM me. many thanks:)

till later, guys:D

• 1 month later...

5.1 sound? I can't imagine how one could realize 5.1 sound with only 3 analogue jacks and one spdif, but this maybe possible somehow :-)

This should be possible by changing the jack, which is part of the HDA specification. It would be really nice to have a headphone out instead of a line in (for me)

this might be of interest:

http://osdir.com/ml/linux.ubuntu.devel.ker...5/msg00012.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

I saw in previous posts ASUS P5GD1-VM was working...

i've one, but no sound with this method; ,it's ok with azalia, but only speakers

can someone can help me to make sound work as expected

i've export codec.txt with knoppix 5.1.1, asus said it's an alc861, knoppix says it's a alc880

i've took applehda.kext from kalyway 10.5.2 (i use kalyway 10.5.2 + kalyway combo update 10.5.3 + 10.5.4 update from apple)

thanks in advance

i've added my codec below

alc880.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Dear o Masters..would you be so kind to adapt this solution also for ALC888/ICH7 for our MSI Wind/Advent/Akoya? :wacko:

Or maybe give us some guide on how to modify this to ALC888/ICH7?

Currently sound is working thru internal speaker, but not built-in mic, line/mic in and line out. Am hoping at least built-in mic in can work too...

cheers, asae

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...