512 mb Cards

Rufus T. Firefly

21 posts in this topic

Is anyone working or planning on working on anything for 512 mb video cards?

I'm not too keen on flashing a rom to the card

With so many informations about the 512mb card you are asking for you´ll get fully satisfied with the answers...

:D

Rgds.

Currently there is no other possibility to get a 512MB nvidia-card running without flashing the rom. Sorry!

np_ was starting on creating a soft-fix for this but it's got very very quite on this subject. You might ask at macvidia.com about the progress!

BTW: I flashed my QuadroFX 2500M and it works absolutely perfect under Windows/Linux/Mac OSX. No issues at all!

instructions in the first page are working for every GeForce 7, and for those who don't want to do it themself or are not just plain sur about it, I do "on demand" modding of their ROM... Just submit your original ROM at macvidia.

PS : it only works for PCIe cards...

My 512MB has worked out of the box since 10.4.7 with a native install not with dd copy from vmware, with no changes at all. And thats with the old Titan.kext

Asus G-Force 512MB EN6600 Silent with full CI,QE & QE2.

But it had to be a native install or all it had was a Vesa support.

ZZ

1. First of all you need xcode and http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsour...ily-79.1.tar.gz (developer subscription is necessary, but free)

2. Unpack the IOPCIFamily-79.1.tar.gz

3. Copy the iopci.patch to the IOPCIFamily-79.1 directory (what?)

4. Use Terminal.app, cd into the IOPCIFamily-79.1 directory (what?)

5. Patch the source by typing "patch -i iopci.patch". If you see errors here, than restart at step 2.

6. Open IOPCIConfigurator.cpp in your favourite text editor and check the line starting with #define NVIDIA512 to include your PCI-ID. Read the comment in the source code.

7. Compile the kext with "xcodebuild" in the Terminal.app

8. Your shiny new kext is in IOPCIFamily-79.1/build/Default

9. You really should know what to do with it... (don't forget fixing permissions) (I have no idea)

10. On reboot one of the couple of first lines in VESA mode should read "IOPCI NVIDIA ...". If you see that, than the card was reconized and the range adjusted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...