wwdc v10.5

msix

42 posts in this topic

Or maybe all the ones willing to share are BitTorrent fans :thumbsup_anim:

Maybe! Several of the previous builds have turned up on usenet before torrents, so maybe this one will too!

It's sure speedier than a BitTorrent download, but it's not like torrents are that slow - problem is, it depends on many factors. Personally I'm able to top my connection's DL speed (which is a mere 500kb/s when I'm lucky), and it's usually faster than even HTTP.

Very true! I guess one of the reasons I avoid torrents is that my upload speed is less than 1/10th my download speed. Torrents are designed for connections like mine :(

I still prefer getting them for free, since the money isn't going to the right people anyway.

I don't entirely agree with that - the money's going to the people who help provide the backbone that usenet runs on - thousands of terabytes of storage and big fat pipes aren't free :D

I feel confident the day's today. Now that everyones at home, someone's gonna upload it!

I have a feeling! :( And just cuz it isnt on yet, dont worry, some people are still sleeping on the west coast and central america. For the west coast its 8:00am, and for central its 9. So some are still sleeping or taking showers or just waking up.. so expect to see it more in the day...

Leopard will hit the green demon. They said they won't let the BETA of Leopard on the site, but when the official version is out, it will be up.

the green demon wants nothing to do with that torrent. They have made that clear. so it isn't going to show up there. The problem with it being a torrent is that the first seeder gets caught everytime. Thats what happened on the pink pig. I downloaded 4% or so and the guy got shut down. I've been on every warez irc channel searching through their stuff and all the "private" ftps that they run out the their and I still haven't found it. If its out there, and I'm sure it is. Its going between people who know eachother.. its not getting spread over to the masses. The people who have it are scared to get caught.. I know I would be.

I've looked on newsgroups, its not their either. So I don't know where the hell to find it... and I've been looking.. and looking hard! If I find it.. after all this. I'm not even sure I'd post it here... or in some chat room. Think about it. Apple is trying to keep this under wraps.. so if we say where it is or "hint" they will find it. saying "the pink pig" is stupid. Its not like everyone doesn't know what that means. Its a tough call.. no one wants to get caught on this one... but we all want it. I think its going to be a LONG time before we see it on the torrent sites.

Leopard will hit the green demon. They said they won't let the BETA of Leopard on the site, but when the official version is out, it will be up.

the green demon wants nothing to do with that torrent. They have made that clear. so it isn't going to show up there. The problem with it being a torrent is that the first seeder gets caught everytime. Thats what happened on the pink pig. I downloaded 4% or so and the guy got shut down. I've been on every warez irc channel searching through their stuff and all the "private" ftps that they run out the their and I still haven't found it. If its out there, and I'm sure it is. Its going between people who know eachother.. its not getting spread over to the masses. The people who have it are scared to get caught.. I know I would be.

I've looked on newsgroups, its not their either. So I don't know where the hell to find it... and I've been looking.. and looking hard! If I find it.. after all this. I'm not even sure I'd post it here... or in some chat room. Think about it. Apple is trying to keep this under wraps.. so if we say where it is or "hint" they will find it. saying "the pink pig" is stupid. Its not like everyone doesn't know what that means. Its a tough call.. no one wants to get caught on this one... but we all want it. I think its going to be a LONG time before we see it on the torrent sites.

I don't entirely agree with that - the money's going to the people who help provide the backbone that usenet runs on - thousands of terabytes of storage and big fat pipes aren't free :P

I'm not saying it doesn't cost to mantain the servers.

was that supposed to be a hint?

That was one of the scariest links I have ever clicked. On par with the infamous goatse.cx.

If that scares you you seriously need to check out other rathergood.com's productions such as Spoon Guard.

That is plain scary, really.