55 replies to this topic

oko

oko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Yea! I have only SSE2 CPU. I updated it to 10.4.10
Can i update to 10.4.11 with JaS 10.4.8 kernel and how?
Will this work with 10.4.11?

tushar7250

tushar7250

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
please tell me from where i can download a patched osx...........

Wolverine1

Wolverine1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I coundt install this on my system it ket saying trying reinstalling again......... some file was missing.... used vmware

Ne help...Gateway AMD SSE2
512 ram, 80gb...

DeterminedNoob

DeterminedNoob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I seem to be falling somewhere between the problems people have been posting. Everything seems to install fine but whenever I boot into the OSX drive (IDE) it says I need to restart the computer. I'm assuming that something hasn't finished installing. OSX is unable to do a soft reboot and I wonder if this is part of the problem. (When the installer attempted to restart the last line was MACH REBOOT or something to that effect. Again, I assume this is a command my hardware isn't recognizing and wonder if it is the root of the problem with finishing the installation.) I'm on an AMD64 box. Is there some sort of batch or ini file I should edit?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've searched around but haven't found someone complaining of the same problem.

Lactobacillus P

Lactobacillus P

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
My systems that ran well with JaS 10.4.8 -> 10.4.9 -> run very well with clean fresh XxX 10.4.11 installs using SSE2 kernel/system.kexts

satch_yt

satch_yt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Hi everyone, I have a problem with 10.4.8 install and I haven't seen any topics about the same problem.

Ok, the problem is, after customizing the installation and clickling install, the installer seems to be frozen, but the DVD and HD lights keep blinking, computer seems to be doing something, but nothing happens in the installer screen and the progress bar.

(if you look at the screenshots at http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=11528, picture number 12 is where I'm stuck at)

I left the computer and waited for the installer to finish, after about 12 hours I saw that only %7 of the installation was complete, it's obvious that somethings wrong, it proceeds too slowly but I dont know why, I tried different distros, same problem with all.

here's the specs of the computer I'm trying to install.

AMD sempron 3000+
1GB Ram
80GB Maxtor IDE HD (this is the one i'm trying to install) -- this is set to MASTER
80GB WD Sata HD (I disabled this one from the BIOS)
Samsung DVD drive -- set to SLAVE
300GB philips usb HD (this one is disabled too)
ATI radeon x300

p.s. I tried different master - slave combinations, nothing changed.

leftbehind

leftbehind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi everyone, I have a problem with 10.4.8 install and I haven't seen any topics about the same problem.Ok, the problem is, after customizing the installation and clickling install, the installer seems to be frozen, but the DVD and HD lights keep blinking, computer seems to be doing something, but nothing happens in the installer screen and the progress bar. (if you look at the screenshots at http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=11528, picture number 12 is where I'm stuck at)I left the computer and waited for the installer to finish, after about 12 hours I saw that only %7 of the installation was complete, it's obvious that somethings wrong, it proceeds too slowly but I dont know why, I tried different distros, same problem with all. here's the specs of the computer I'm trying to install.AMD sempron 3000+1GB Ram80GB Maxtor IDE HD (this is the one i'm trying to install) -- this is set to MASTER80GB WD Sata HD (I disabled this one from the BIOS)Samsung DVD drive -- set to SLAVE300GB philips usb HD (this one is disabled too)ATI radeon x300p.s. I tried different master - slave combinations, nothing changed.

Probably there is something wrong with your media (DVD-R) where you burned the iso file. Try to burn the iso file again at lower speed. By the way, did you skip the disk check?

I seem to be falling somewhere between the problems people have been posting. Everything seems to install fine but whenever I boot into the OSX drive (IDE) it says I need to restart the computer. I'm assuming that something hasn't finished installing. OSX is unable to do a soft reboot and I wonder if this is part of the problem. (When the installer attempted to restart the last line was MACH REBOOT or something to that effect. Again, I assume this is a command my hardware isn't recognizing and wonder if it is the root of the problem with finishing the installation.) I'm on an AMD64 box. Is there some sort of batch or ini file I should edit?Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've searched around but haven't found someone complaining of the same problem.

I do have the same problem at the moment. Everything went smoothly in the installation but I'm stuck on the Apple Screen Logo, loads a few seconds and then system tells me that I need to restart my computer in four or five different languages. Someone please help.

Nishant M

Nishant M

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Have been trying to install "Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso" . But get following error.

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled and then is says waiting for boot device then it will say something about not being able to mount my hard drive. After a while the setup screen comes up and I got to disk utilities and try to mount my harddrive manually but I get an error saying that it can't be mounted and there is no options I can do to my harddrive, can't try the first aid thing or anything. I have tried all of these versions with failure.

Attached the details of my system.

Please help.

Thanks a lot.

Attached Files

eddye-bra

eddye-bra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all.
Im using the same distro (10.4.8), but my "installation" stops at step 4, i.e.: the gray apple never stops spinning, and after 2 mins it shows a prohibition little icon in front of the apple. So i cant even get to the install screen.

Does anybody know what that means??
Im using a PentiumD processor, with SS2, SS3 and all that instructions, and IDE HD
ty

thug1973

thug1973

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is having an issue with the install. My AMD Athlon 64 /Asus a8s-x stops in the same spot. I have tried both IDE as well as SATA drives to do the install. I'm wondering if the DVD rom drive has to be IDE as well as the hard drive. In addition, does the DVD have to be set as master and the IDE drive to be set as a slave to that drive. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re1m0

Re1m0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Mine boots VERY slowly:S:S:S
After 30 minutes it has given me some crash reporter, ram volumes and the last is aiport something and the last words are no such key twice

FISH_BONE

FISH_BONE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi if u want i will help u with that. tell me your pc specs. if u want give your skype yahoo ar msn messenger id and i will help u installing jas mac os x 10.4.8 is much easyer then installing other version of hackintosh sorry for my english

Ilusa

Ilusa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
when I restart my eee pc with a removable dvd drive attached I can't boot the Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso

I can run from the drive once windows starts up but I can't boot for it. Would any of you know how to fix this? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Pyro1099

Pyro1099

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey I have a problem guys, heres where Im at.

Ive downloaded a patched version of the Mac OSX (Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso) and i burned it to Disk.

i then created my partition through a ms-dos program with the infamous Hirens Boot CD. so all ready and i boot up my Mac OSX Img cd and all goes swimmingly but ill get to picture 12 http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=11528 and all fails. it will do the cheaking wonderfully and then starts the installation but during the installation at around 30% to 40% my computer suddenly shutsdown. it does this everytime without fail.

any ideas??
my laptop is sse2 and sse3 ready.

Post a reply here or mail me on msn
dale_foster_1099@hotmail.com

macko22

macko22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Better use an IDE HDD master and a DVD Drive slave.
It can be used on sATA also but better no for first try.
Disable S.M.A.R.T. from bios.

Neaded staff:

1. Mac OS X 10.4.(1-8) Install DVD (on a DVD+ or -R NO RW!)
2. A PC with a compatible DVD drive (to install OS X)
3. First of all be sure that OSX can run on your computer before attempting anything like a dual boot.

How to:

1. Get a prepatched OSX install image (look at torrent sites for that).
2. Burn the image to an empty dvd recordable (+R or -R NO RW)
Use your favorite burn program for this (Nero, Alcohol 120%, MagicISO, PowerISO e.t.c)
3. Insert the OSX install disk and reboot your computer.
4. Boot the DVD, when the grey Apple stops spinning, select Language for the installation.
5. On the top of the screen, click "Utilities" and then click "Disk Utility".
6. Disk Utility starts. Select your Hard Disk or Partition. Chose "erase" tab and set the Volume Format to "Mac OS extended (journaled)" and erase it.
7. Wait until the process finishes and then close Disk Utility.
8. Follow the installation steps on your screen, select the HD with the partition you made in step 6 and choose "Customize"(if have this option).
In the Installer window, select either the Intel or AMD. Choose more packages if they fit in your hardware.
9. After finishing the installation, wait for the computer to reboot, remove the install disk and enjoy your "Intel/AMD-Mac Os X (x86)" installation.

thanks! it is working great on my old Medion 8080 XL system!

mani27

mani27

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Hello Hi ! I am a New User & I just Need Some informations Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My System Configuration is

DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E74
2 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Disk
512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GS

whether it helps m to install Mac OS X 86 Tiger on my PC!!!

Please Help !!! :D Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy