HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

You are getting the "is not authentic" because your permissions are wrong. the folder needs "chmod -R 755 /Extra/Extensions" and "chown -R 0:0 /Extra/Extensions" run on it. Then run command "kextcache -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions"

That is probably why you are having problems with my kext's.

note 0:0 is the same as root:wheel, but it is a lot less typing :wacko:

I did that just now and I always get "not authentic".

Maybe it's because I have Cham installed in another partition? I read in a guide it was the best option to keep it in another partition...

bash-3.2# chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Cham/Extra/Extensions

bash-3.2# chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/Cham/Extra/Extensions

bash-3.2# kextcache -m /Volumes/Cham/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Cham/Extra/Extensions

EVOenabler.kext is not authentic; omitting from mkext.

• 2 weeks later...
I did that just now and I always get "not authentic".

Maybe it's because I have Cham installed in another partition? I read in a guide it was the best option to keep it in another partition...

bash-3.2# chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Cham/Extra/Extensions

bash-3.2# chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/Cham/Extra/Extensions

bash-3.2# kextcache -m /Volumes/Cham/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Cham/Extra/Extensions

EVOenabler.kext is not authentic; omitting from mkext.

If it is on another partition, then in finder right click the partition, and select "Get info". Then make sure that "ignore ownership on this volume" is NOT checked, otherwise you will always get the "not authentic" error.

If it is on another partition, then in finder right click the partition, and select "Get info". Then make sure that "ignore ownership on this volume" is NOT checked, otherwise you will always get the "not authentic" error.

So simple, thank you! I would never think of that, did not know about that option...OSX newbie. lol

Now I don't need the first two kexts in the system partition anymore...and probably get faster booting.

Almost perfect install now, I just need to find a way to use my 5.1 sound using more than one output at the same time, and find a working PS2 keyboard kext.

Hello everyone, I need your help

I need X1900 XT EFI VGA Installer for my Ati X1900XT id:7249

I can not find in the internet, all links ar dead,

can someone put anywhere else for download, please

I need EFI-String too

I would be very grateful if someone could help me

Thanks

I can confirm it works! Thanks a lot jaminmc :(

And this also solved some mouse tearing effects I always had in SL :(

Before updating to 10.6.3, my videocard (X1950XT, 0x72441002) was working smoothly. After the update, as usual something broke :thumbsup_anim:

So, here are the steps I did, maybe it will be useful for somebody else.

1. copy vanilla ATI drives from my MacBook Pro (probably, no required, but who knows...)

2. check that the EFI string in com.apple.Boot.plist contains the Alopias parameter (I don't have any idea what it is, but I understand it is required :( ) To do that:

2a. copy the EFi string in a new text file and save as tmp.hex

2b. download gfxutil and run it from the terminal:

./gfxutil -s -n -v -o xml -i hex tmp.hex tmp.plist

it will create a xml file where you'll be able to see somewhere if Alopias is present.

Eventually, change the lines and run the program again to get a new EFI string to replace the old one in com.apple.Boot.plist:

./gfxutil -i xml -o hex tmp.plist tmp2.hex

3. copy the 3 jaminmc kexts in my Chameleon Extra/Extension folder

4. Very important: create the mkext file: without doing this, it didn't work for me.

Note that I have Chameleon Extra folder on another volume where "ignore ownership on this volume" is checked: this is very convenient because you can add and remove files/kext without using the terminal and you don't need to change permission/ownership. In fact, after copying the files as they comes from jaminmc zip file, I simply executed:

sudo kextcache -m Extensions.mkext Extensions/

Then rebooted and everything seems to be OK (at least, card is recognized correctly, I have QE/CI enabled and can change monitor resolution).

Almost perfect install now, I just need to find a way to use my 5.1 sound using more than one output at the same time, and find a working PS2 keyboard kext.

Did you try Chameleon Voodoo kext? It used to work for me (but for the keyboard only...)

I am using the DSDT Method for my video card, so here is my graphic settings in my DSDT. My Motherboard didn't have a entry for my graphics card, so I had to add it. I put it at the first thing under the Device (PCI0) part. The DSDT.aml addition is in the attached file.

BTW, where did you get the DSDT lines for the X1950XT from?

Can you post them here or give me a link?

The ones quoted in post #764 from Kalis don't work: if I try to compile them, the program reports:

/Users/lonewolf/Desktop/dsdt.dsl  5660:						 DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Error	4063 -							  Object does not exist ^  (DTGP)

jaminmc thx soooo damn much for the x1950xt kext.. I have great working 10.6.3 now... although my damn ati x1950xt His card suuuucks from day 1 in windows and lately in leo and spc sl.. so the damn card is dying anytime very very soon...

My damn x1950xt is so bad so it hangs everyday 4 time atleast and finally yesterday when i hardcore shut down the pc my main hd got failure witch was a seagate .11 series and now my 500g data is lost and maybe i have to pay to get some of it back... :P

Now I'mi gonna buy new gfx maybe hd 4850 and never His brand again...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

JaminMC : YOU ARE A GENIUS!!

It worked!! Man, i cant tell you how thankful i am that you took the time to get this dated card workin...

I was actually trying to get it to run under snow leo for quite some time now! without much success...

emptyskull was the guy to ask for but lately he wasnt too responsive anymore. I gave up and was happy with Leopard 10.5.8

Until Starcraft 2 came out... It gave me girbled graphics and i couldnt see any of the fonts! Now with 10.6.4 and your kext everything works beautifully! even native :(

Man I would love to buy you a beer for that! Or send you a postcard! Just pm me your address and I will do it :)

thousand thanks from berlin!

Edit:

BTW I have a Sapphire x1950Xt ID 7244

I don't have the fan problem since i replaced the original fan with a quieter one which always runs at the same speed...

I can't get sleep to work... somehow the graphics card isnt waking up from sleep. does anyone else have that problem?

Edit:

I don't have the fan problem since i replaced the original fan with a quieter one which always runs at the same speed...

I can't get sleep to work... somehow the graphics card isnt waking up from sleep. does anyone else have that problem?

what the fan you install on card (which always runs at the same speed)?

How about this "VF900-Cu LED" http://zalman.co.kr/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?Idx=145

• 1 month later...

It worked!! Man, i cant tell you how thankful i am that you took the time to get this dated card workin...

I was actually trying to get it to run under snow leo for quite some time now! without much success...

emptyskull was the guy to ask for but lately he wasnt too responsive anymore. I gave up and was happy with Leopard 10.5.8

Until Starcraft 2 came out... It gave me girbled graphics and i couldnt see any of the fonts! Now with 10.6.4 and your kext everything works beautifully! even native :)

Man I would love to buy you a beer for that! Or send you a postcard! Just pm me your address and I will do it :)

thousand thanks from berlin!

Edit:

Yes, waking up is problem to me too. I think try DSDT injection and notifying PEG0 in dsdt at returning from sleep, but I now use cartri bios, so I maybe test it tomorrow.

I wait for solution since Snow Leo released, why I found this topics only today(((( So JaminMC thanks you, it`s cool.)

unfortunately i dont really know how dsdt injection works... never found good instructions out there but i know there must be some good useful instructions (same with efi)

if you ever get sleep to work with this card, please drop me a line mate! would be much appreciated. I'm switching off my mac now :unsure: bedtime!

Hello!

I have another way to run my Ati x1950xtx.

First of all I want to say that now I'm under SL 10.6.3 from Retail DVD (Original) and all is working without doing anything (and PC it's about 3 years old!!!). So I'm running under Vanilla.

I only did a change (if I remember well) to "info.plist" inside "ATI1900Controller.kext". Find this 2 lines:

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<string>pci1002,7240</string>

7240 is for this card (originally was another that now I don't remember). If you have another 1900series card you may try to put its ID number here and test it.

That's all!!

I've attached 1 screenshot where you can see that it works. I know that doesn't display the card name but now is fully working and I can choose resolutions!

post-399391-1285200201_thumb.jpg

P.D.: If it doesn't work try to look at "info.plist" inside "ATIRadeonX1000.kext" and replace ID numbers for yours.

EDIT: Copy de KEXT file to Desktop. Edit it. Install it with Kext Helper B7. Reboot.

• 2 months later...

Jaminmc you are a genius!!! Thank you so much for reviving my old Saphire X1950XT. It did not make any sense to me that this card wouldn't work with SL. Everyone has to remember that ypou have to rebuild the extensions.mkext in your extra folder or this will not work. I did this the GUI way with TonyMacX86's [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. Just check off "rebuild caches" under system utilities and let it run. Oh, almost forgot to give credit for this rebuild extensions.mkext tip another person here, can't remember their name...

So here is my latest version!

JaminMc_X19X0.zip

Thank you so much for the files. I'm a Hackintosh and Mac newb and they were pivotal in getting my X1950XT working and making OS X usable.

I installed iATKOS S3 v2 before the weekend. Graphics were limited to 1024x768, mirrored across both screens.

Updated to 10.6.5, no change in graphics. Didn't follow the instructions right (as I said, newbie and impatient to boot) and broke my installation. Along the way I also broke my Vista install. Yay me.

Formatted the OSX drive and started again. Spent a couple of days reading up and gathering the right software. I was (and still am) unable to locate a commandline version of mkext.

Wouldn't work initially but eventually I got a newer version of Kext Utility (2.3.2) that I think sorted it all out. Maybe a combination of permissions and the older Kext Utility (2.0) not rebuilding the extensions.mkext?

Restarted system after Kext Utility finished and a warning sign popped up telling me to restart.

Things got a bit crazy here and I began to think my motherboard was dying; all kinds of POST / boot errors and even the bios was crashing, despite many restarts. Turned it off for a while, came back and up it pops.

High res; 1680x1050 on each screen, desktop extended the way I want it, UI nice and snappy.

After several days of staring at a low res display, it's heaven. :)

My system:

Intel E6400 Core 2 Duo

AsRock ConRoe945G-DVI (BIOS v1.0, I think)

2 x 1GB DDR2

Powercolor X1950XT 256MB

Edirol UA-25 USB Audio Capture (mobo sound disabled)

iATKOS S3 v2, updated to 10.6.5 SL via online update

Pretty much everything is working great. Still need to restart and run the gauntlet with my dodgy bios but, that aside, looking forward to getting to know OS X a little better.

Thanks again. :thumbsup_anim: