NVidia fx5500 256MB FULLY WORKING!

Thico Alves

139 posts in this topic

has someone try it on 10.5.7?

EDIT : congratulations thico! it's works quite perfectly on 10.5.7 but QE seems to be not supported. system profiler show that CI is software, and QE not supported. but i can use a good resolution (1600/1200). can someone help me?

i guess CI have to show Hardware Accelerated and QE have to show Supported....:D

• 2 weeks later...
I have a newb question... Is this an actual installer for the card? Or just for QE/CI? Will this allow the card to work? Thanks!

actually (in my case) it activates the card. with this i could choose all resolution but had no QE/CI. i think it can be fixed by change the device id in the kext. but for me this works only if i had installed no drivers. i tried with kush, and i had blue screen.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well this might seem a bit of a stupid question, but I am brand new to this world. :)

How do you remove the AGPGart.kext from the /System/Library/Extensions folder?

I simply cannot get my graphics card working (NVidia GeForce FX5500 (AGP Version, 256MB)). I'm trying everything, but I'm getting in a major tangle with evrything I'm trying to get it to work. The installers do install but the description in the Graphics/Display section of "About My Mac" is still showing an incorrect card.

Can somebody produce like a dummies guide to getting the NVidia GeForce FX5500 working, please?

By the way, I am using 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard), if that helps in any way.

Any help and solutions would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks very much,

Craig Riches :)

• 5 months later...

is this thread open ? i have GeForce FX5500 but cant get to work with your script, what will be the best possible solution. i searched but cant get my video card on my system

using

osx86 10.6.5

Nvidia GeForce fx5500 256MB AGP

any help will be very appreciated

just ask what any information you want from me and ill answer you immediately to help you solve this case. ty.

is this thread open ? i have GeForce FX5500 but cant get to work with your script, what will be the best possible solution. i searched but cant get my video card on my system

using

osx86 10.6.5

Nvidia GeForce fx5500 256MB AGP

any help will be very appreciated

just ask what any information you want from me and ill answer you immediately to help you solve this case. ty.

believe me its not gonna work with any method........i also have it and tried every method.......may be you'll get lucky on leopard but not in SL.......so get a new card....

guud luck

believe me its not gonna work with any method........i also have it and tried every method.......may be you'll get lucky on leopard but not in SL.......so get a new card....

guud luck

ohh.. i see, me too, I cant find any solution.. just wondering if someone solved this case that can help us..

Maybe we can use it with Lion, or maybe i must get a new card. By the way what card you used when you change your video card, or maybe what is the best AGP card NVidia for SnowLeopard?

ohh.. i see, me too, I cant find any solution.. just wondering if someone solved this case that can help us..

Maybe we can use it with Lion, or maybe i must get a new card. By the way what card you used when you change your video card, or maybe what is the best AGP card NVidia for SnowLeopard?

i've heard that 8400 GS is a good one for snow leo.......so i got one but haven't checked it yet coz i got a new laptop with 1GB DDR3 GFX card :D.......last working card i used in leopard was FX5200 but FX5500 never worked with QE/CI but the FX5200 did..........

and there is no chance for support for FX5500/5200 in Lion.........in fact i guess they gonna stop supporting AGP cards with LION........:P

and believe me don't try anymore with it coz its not gonna work.........if you still want to than join IRC they will show you some light :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
i've heard that 8400 GS is a good one for snow leo.......so i got one but haven't checked it yet coz i got a new laptop with 1GB DDR3 GFX card :) .......last working card i used in leopard was FX5200 but FX5500 never worked with QE/CI but the FX5200 did..........

and there is no chance for support for FX5500/5200 in Lion.........in fact i guess they gonna stop supporting AGP cards with LION........ :D

and believe me don't try anymore with it coz its not gonna work.........if you still want to than join IRC they will show you some light :(

Wow, you got a great laptop.

FX5200 sure will work with snowleopard than with FX5500? does QE/CI worked with 5200?

anyway, i dont want to use this Old P4 computer with LION, its just for SNOW LEOPARD.

the next time i buy a computer, i will assemble each and every parts that is very compatible with the 10.7 of Mac OS X.

what is IRC then?

Wow, you got a great laptop.

FX5200 sure will work with snowleopard than with FX5500? does QE/CI worked with 5200?

anyway, i dont want to use this Old P4 computer with LION, its just for SNOW LEOPARD.

the next time i buy a computer, i will assemble each and every parts that is very compatible with the 10.7 of Mac OS X.

what is IRC then?

google for hackintosh IRC

waz up guys!!! GOOD NEWS FOR NVIDIA FX USERS!! I manage how to enable QE/CI with FX5500 256MB and so I made a little installer to make things easier. It may work on other FX'ses cards just by changing the device ID on kexts NVDAResman, GeForce and NVDANV30Hal. If you don't know how to change DeviceID, look at the forum or PM me. It's a very easy job. About the installer, uncompress all files on your MacOS partition root (directly on macos drive, inside any folder), open terminal and type:

sudo -s

(type your password - you will not see the caracters while you type for protection. Just type your password and press enter)

./install.sh

wait until the script do all the job and then reboot your computer! Now you should be abble to enjoy QE/CI with your FX card! B)

if something goes wrong, you can restore back to your original form. Just enter on single user mode (when macos starts booting, press F8 and then boot using "-s" parameter - without quotes)

when it finish booting, type:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

./uninstall

thants right! HAVE FUN!

PS: I'm not responsible for any data loss or damage to your MacOS system. I made this installer without ANY GUARANTEE!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Hello All:

I'm using a GeForce FX 5500 PCI card in a Dell Dimension 3000 Desktop. I'm running OSX 10.5.7. I have followed this tutorial and am now able to switch resolutions for my card. I also installed NVInject.kext, which shows in the system profiler that it's loaded for my card.

The problem is no matter what I do I cannot get QE/CI working. My main goal with this hackintosh was to be able to run FCP, and I can't do it with no QE/CI. If there's anything I'm doing wrong, or any suggestions anyone can offer to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Here's my system profiler:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0326

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

Acer X223W:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

Thanks in advance, this forum is awesome!!! B)