Natit for Nvidia with dual display

bofors

161 posts in this topic

Yes i am absolutely sure that i have Natit 0.1, also have tried with Natit 0.2, Natit_edited, developement version, NVinject, NeoPheus installer version, and i can't remember all the other that i have used...I have tried every possible solution that i had find here. Works only through DVI/VGA adapter for me.

I have even edited 3 (NV*, Geforce) kexts with my device ID but without any results or change. Everytime repaired permissions and cleared cache, except with NeoPheus installer which uninstaller script has damaged my OSX installation.

Someone has mentioned solution with Natit.kext edititing, but i didn't understood what should be edited there. Maybe someone who knows can explain.

You didnt told me yor Device ID? Maybe DVI and VGA won't work on 6600GT PCIe 128Mb.

Thanks for help.

Any ideas for little ole me?

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0392

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display:

Mine is VGA and DVI out, have second on DVI to VGA adapter. Tried a lot of different things.

Including some files....

NVDAResman.kext.zip

Archive.zip

NVDANV40Hal.kext.zip

my dev id is 00f210de.

Well I wish someone would take a look at my files.

I am pulling my hair out.

Tried to return the card tonight for store credit and get a dual DVI (they didn't have any anyway unless I wanted to spend $200) so, I have a VGA and DVI out.

Help IS IS IS appreciated!

AS much as I hate to be grim, there is only so much you can try RedSox. The drivers may not be fully compatible with your card. It sounds like you've tried everything at this point. All I can suggest is trying a new card.

AS much as I hate to be grim, there is only so much you can try RedSox. The drivers may not be fully compatible with your card. It sounds like you've tried everything at this point. All I can suggest is trying a new card.

Well is it my card or mother board?

hanks!

Well I wish someone would take a look at my files.

I am pulling my hair out.

Tried to return the card tonight for store credit and get a dual DVI (they didn't have any anyway unless I wanted to spend $200) so, I have a VGA and DVI out.

Help IS IS IS appreciated!

Did you look at this thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=34244

Someone has reported successfull DUAL with exactly same dev ID as yours. If it's not working for you then you perhaps have other problem not related to Natit.

Still NO luck, for what its worth though, if I add the text like yours above but with MY id, both SCREENS boot up in mirror mode, NO QE/CI and at 1024x768, si I think you mean amp: or similar in between the two.

Have tried fresh KEXTS from the JaS DVD several times with different ways (Natit 1 package, Natit Dual oth v 1 and v2, Natit dual installer 1 and 2, a 7600GT/GS dual installer that someone made (posted somewhere here) and have gone to mac vidia, registered, got the email, tried to log in and got a message, account has been disabled, please contact admin.....R U kidding me?

Gessssh, talk about bad luck! I even offered to pay someone if they could help me.

Still loooking for help!

Thanks (again).

Are there other DUAL DISPLAY drivers that I can try?

Wow, am so tired from all this!

Hello,

I'm from Italy so excuse my english. After update to 10.4.9 (Ahmad Moawya guide) I was not able to use my Geforce 7600 GT 256MB (black and white screen): I was only able to boot in safe mode. I tried Diabolik's patch for Nvidia and all kinds of Natit installer, but still no display screen. The only one I couldn't have tried was Natit_Uni_1.0 because installation crashed. So, I installed it with Pacifist, I repaired permisssion and after reboot all worked fine like a charm (QE/CI)!

Anyone who got trouble with 7600 GT and 10.4.9, try this!

Bye

Hello! i have 10.4.8 jas amd/intel sseII, sseIII, ppfI and II...

My GPU is Nvidia 6200 128MB DDR2 (non turbo cache :) ), i have titan drivers,full workin :)... so he question is, i have to remove the titan and put than new natit? how do i do that?

Thanks for your time... sorry about my english :P

• 2 weeks later...

Clean JaS 10.4.8 install

use Natit Dual v02

VideoCard - ASUS 7300GT 256MB (w. 1 DVI + 1 VGA)

LCD - HP f2105 (vga+dvi) + HP f1503 (vga)

When I use DVI for f2105 and VGA for f1503, it's only f1503 worked. When I use DVI to VGA Adapter for f2105 (vga port) and VGA for f1503, the two LCD works w. full QE/CI.

However, the HP f2105 w. VGA port looks a little blur. Anyone can help me ? How to make it work w. DVI for f2105 and VGA for f1503 ?

I don't know what's the different between Natit.kext.zip and Natit_Dual_v0.02.zip ?

Sorry for my poor English... Thanks !

dual setup works with my fx5200 128mb (vga+dvi). i used a vga cable for one screen, and a dvi (the 18+1 pin kind) for the other screen. system profiler says that qe/ci is supported for both screens, and the flurry screensaver is smooth, but all the expose' functions are slow.

could it be because the card is being detected as pci rather than agp? (anybody get agpgart working with natit btw?)

or is my card just underpowered for dual screen qe/ci acceleration?

when i use just one screen with the regular natit driver everything is fast and smooth.

any ideas?

device id=0322

• 2 weeks later...
Which nvidia graphics card would be best for dual display (Samsung SyncMaster SM226BW, 22" @ 1680x1050) using this dual natit (either version)

Thanks in advance,

James.

If both of your displays are 226BWs, then I'd go with either a 7900gs or 7900gt. My eVGA works fine with dual displays as long as they are the same display :-P. Seems when I put a crt on 1 port and a lcd on another, the card thinks each display is the other display. Tried swapping ports and screends / etc with no love. But as long as they are the same resolutions you're golden.

If both of your displays are 226BWs, then I'd go with either a 7900gs or 7900gt. My eVGA works fine with dual displays as long as they are the same display :-P. Seems when I put a crt on 1 port and a lcd on another, the card thinks each display is the other display. Tried swapping ports and screends / etc with no love. But as long as they are the same resolutions you're golden.

Does it matter about the version of graphics? eg. KO etc.

Thanks for your fast response.

• 2 weeks later...
via VGA cable to DVI/VGA adapter to DVI port

I got a GeForce FX 5200 AGP card with a DVI and a VGA port working (QE/CI) on dual monitors ONLY if I use one DVI cable and one VGA cable. (with Natit loaded)

If i try a DVI->VGA Adapter or a VGA KVM switch I have only one monitor working.

The problem is that the driver wants to see what the resolutions the monitor can handle and if it doesn't see that it 'thinks' there's no monitor.

I tried a RADEON 9600 card with a KVM switch and it only worked when i added the EDID data from the monitor in the Callisto.kext. Read Callisto installation.html.

If your DFP monitor is detected as CRT by the driver, you can try to hard-code the EDID string of your monitor.
I don't know if or how this is possible in Natit.

For the APG card as PCI Bus problem:

If I add AGPGart.kext it will show up as AGP Bus and without as PCI Bus.

Some information useful to get Dual Screen, try and tell

To all natit, nvinject development (gotoh Thx for nvinject), bofors (for telling about the nvcap thing, and others)

I have a AMD 3200 venice core Asus A8V-Deluxe AGP 8X K8T800Pro via

PNY Quadro FX 500 AGP 128 MB RAM

512 DDR 400mhz

Acedvio card.

Samsung Syncmaster 997

Samsung 550

I have a lot of trouble to make dual screen work and now finally did.

After several change (different drivers Like titan, natit, nvidiaefi, Macvidia), For me work NVinject 0.6.

get from www.Macvidia.com

(Life Bofors said) The Secret is in NVCAP you have to find a valid NVCAP and the your

Graphic card and wow Dual screen. I´m not sure but a get a valid NVCAP Variable doing this.

I have also windows xp installed on this system so... I started download Dr. Hardware and the program tells

the info about GUID info of your card. (5 fields of 8 character).

I use Plistinfo pro and edit the info.plist. in the nvcap, paste the GUID.

Save, enable permissions, delete extensions kextcache, etc etc, and then restart

And its works!!!! a Have dual view and full control over my screen display with Full QE/CI/QE2D.

NV34 Quadro FX 500/FX 600:

Chipset Model: NV34 Quadro FX 500/FX 600

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Device ID: 0x032b

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 960 @ 85 Hz

Quartz 2D Extreme: Supported

S/M 550v:

Resolution: 832 x 624 @ 75 Hz

Quartz 2D Extreme: Supported

Try it.

Leoaaa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I use 7300GT graphics (dvi+vga+TV-out) with natit v0.02 on Jas 10.4.8 system upgraded to 10.4.9.

everything is fine with my main 1680x1050 display connected to DVI.

my card does not have built-in s-video port, instead you need to plug a small-black-box converter which has s-video and three chinches outputs. when i connect my TV via s-video, os x recognizes it as 'television' which is cool.. however, nothing shows on the tv screen - it stays blank.

in displays options, i went to alignment and tried to turn mirroring on. at this moment my main display got black with only a mouse pointer outline, and the tv stayed blank. the whole system underneath runs fine - i can hear sounds from skype etc. moreover, this setting persisted - i get it whenever i boot my system with the TV connected (didn't mac guys think of some sort of timeout to roll back display changes unless confirmed, like windows guys did?).

so i can't switch the mirroring back off, because this option is only available when i connect my TV, and then i can't see the display. any ideas how to switch it off while booting or when only one display is connected?

thanks

greg

I have installed Natit Dual V02 for NVidia 7600 Series Cards from Diabolik's site here

The OSX started ok with the resolution changed down from 1024x768 to 800x600.

I went to my System Profiler and it tells the my Graphic card is not QE supported

I dont want dual display, just to enable QE for running Final Cut Pro 5.1

What i did:

1) Started with a clean 10.4.8 Install (Jas AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 and PPF2) I had Titan already installed by default with this instalation.

2) Didn't deleted/modified any files/kexts and Installed Natit Dual V02 for NVidia 7600 Series Cards with AGPGart.kext V2.2 from Diabolik's site = QE not supported

3) Deleted Titan from my Extenstions folder =QE not supported

4) Added my DEVID into GeForce.kext = QE not supported

5) Added my DEVID to NVDANVHal40.kext and NVDAResman.kext = QE not supported

6) Stoped as i didn't wanted to mess up my OSX install again (as it happened to me for 10's of times already trying to get QE supported)

I mention that after all above stepes i did set the permission, deleted Extensions.kextcache/mkext and repaired permissions with the reboot in the end.

My 7600GS NVidia card model is a WinFast from Leadtek on AGP

Now here are my specs:

As you can see QE is not supported, and i don't know what else i can to, i have tryied all the methods suggested on this forum, and i'm tired of OSX crashing after modifing my kexts and having to install all again and take it from beggining.

Any help would be very very welcomed!

Thanks in advance!

Hey Dude

I also got a 7600 GS from nVidia and it Works with Quartz Extreme and Core Animation. Dual Monitor isn't working yet.

Use the Titan installer and then Add your Dev-ID into the 3 Kext's from nVidia (Geforce.kext NVDANV40HAL.kext and NVDAResman.kext)

Important: Install the Titan with the Installer but don't klick on the restart button in the installer. When the Installer Say's completed, edit your kext's and then klick on the restart button from the installer.

It seems that a number of Nvidia users have had problems running dual displays with the newer versions of Natit. Although I did not try all of them, I had problems too, my second display was sideways and without the mouse cursor.

Natit v0.02 works for dual displays on many Nvidia systems and it is what I am using. I am also re-posting Natit v0.01, which should work for VGA/DVI Nvidia cards, for people who have problems with v0.02 and want to try something else.

However, v0.01 and v0.02 are very similiar, v0.02 merely adds the "@0,NVMT" key and value. For more information on these key-values pairs and how these dual display versions of Natit for Nvidia was developed, see these threads:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=31833

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32536

Now for people who have problems, here are two general suggestions:

A. Make sure you are using a clean install of 10.4.8. People who upgrade to 10.4.8 (or mess with the Nvidia kexts) often have problems.

B. Make sure you follow these instructions (specifically removing the .kextcache and .mkext) when installing Natit (again, these instructions and the original idea of Natit are credited to Omni).

(1) Put the Natit kext in your /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. 

(2) Correct the file premissions: 

sudo chown -R root:wheel Natit.kext; sudo chmod -R 755 Natit.kext 

(3) Remove the cached and packed extensions: 

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache 

(4) Reboot.

-----

Just tried this with a Dell Dimension 4600 - NVidia FX5200 vga / dvi card and it worked flawlessly. [edit] ...and with CI and QE!!! [/edit] Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

For the rest of you out there, it is relatively easy. Get the JAS download of OSX, select the fix for "About this Mac", download the built in ethernet card fix (IONetworkingFamily.kext), set the MIDI to listen to channel 3 & 4, and this fix. Once that is done, all will be well.

Praises to all who have worked on this!!!

Now, I must play with my...Mac.

GeForce 2 can only support Quartz Extreme, not Core Image (in a real Mac) so the best you can get is QE, you'll never get CI (you need a "direct X 9" card for CI)

If you use Macvidia, you can get QE, because it doesn't use Apple NVIDIA extensions, which are required so far for QE (and CI)

Macvidia does not provide 3D support, only 2D. 3D support is required for QE and CI. So if you want to get QE, you need to use another method. But I'm not sure you can get such an old card to do anything good for OS X86

• 2 weeks later...

HI all

My history:

OSX: 10.4.9 core2duo all runs fine..

I install Natit v02 , on my, nVidia 6600 GT pcie 128Mb (0x0140) dual DVI

I put my ID in Geforce.kext, NVDAResman.kext and NVDANV40Hal.kext. .. reboot and get CI/QE OpenGL..

Next Step Dual monitor:

plug two VGA adapters DVI=>VGA reboot and Works...

But I like DVI image..! so plug two LG L204WT in DVI ports ... and only primary monitor works.. no desktop extend.

I try other version Natit v01 and Titan is same results.

then Read, read, search.. learn :hysterical:

and I try to put EDID in Natit. i add @0, EDID and @1,EDID, (i get EDID with SwitchresX)

reboot ( set attributes, repair. .bla bla) and the SAME , no Dual DVI, only one monitor DVI

So i read the NVCAP is very important, and GUID (in XP) is a NVCAP value.

Install Dr. Hardware in XP, get my GUID

GUID 6600 GT:

D7B71E3E 420011CF 32751001 0DC2CD35

but the NVCAP is:

04000100 00000300 0c000000 0000000a 00000000

so different.. well but I try.. Copy/Paste.. reboot..

AND the OSX is extend desktop .. the mouse disappears ! the control display show two monitors,

but other monitor is Black!!!!! and next boot only secondary and no primary... :-(

Need same help.... i'm close.... i feel it!!

and.. i'm Portuguese .. sorry my english..

P.s To ATI users, i run Dr. Hardware, on AMD w/ATI x1600pro, and ATI GPU are two GUID! ..i Guess in Natit will to put two NVCAP..?

WORKING!!! i find the secret NNCAP!! here=> dual dvi NVcap

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...

I have nVidia 6200 with VGA and DVI outs... Two monitors Benq 22" (VGA) and SyncMaster (DVI)... Have installed Natit Dual v2.0...

On Benq have QE/CI enabled... 1680x1050.... BUT..!!!!

The II monitor is not working (not recognised.... It have parts of main desktop sqares all over it.

Chipset Model: GeForce 6200

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Device ID: 0x0221

Displays:

BenQ FP222W:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Rotation: Supported

Display:

How to enable II monitor and Extended desktop..?

With Natit Dual V1.0 on smaller resolution (1024x768) have same picture on both monitors...?