More stable Camino build

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
Here's a build of Camino that I compiled today, it seems to be more stable than the one Josh Aas did several months ago. Enjoy :)

It also fixes the useragent so that it detects the underlying processor properly.

EDIT 16 November 2005: It seems that back when I posted this, I uploaded the WRONG build, that-s actually Josh Aas' original build with a custom and broken theme. I fixed the link now, so you can get the right and NON CRASHY build.

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
Thanks for the port. :) Other than the images missing from "Go Back" and "Reload" buttons, all is peachy.

Well done!

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
What missing images? Can you show me screenshots of that?

Eskurza

Eskurza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Great job pu70.. but the back/forward icons are missing.. u can apply any camina themes to solve the problem.. select the one u want and copy all of the contents to RESOURCES folder.. and u are done.. i applied the iron theme.. everything else works smoothly.. :)

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
That's very strange because the images are there. The default buttons work fine with me!

Eskurza

Eskurza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
u have the needed icons in the original folder.. i dont know why it does not load..replacing them solved the issue.. himmm strange :)

Eskurza

Eskurza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
crashes in certain sites.. :)

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
Well, I never said it was perfect, i just said it's more stable than the one josh aas did several months ago. Can you name the sites that make it crash?

Eskurza

Eskurza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
download.com - go to mac sofware and boom.. ^_^ still good on the forum.. no crashes so far

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
what do you mean "boom"? It doesn't crash on that site here...

http://kernel.ws/~pu...no-download.png

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
Oh DUH! It seems that a month ago, when I upped this, I actually uploaded the WRONG build. Here's the real link: http://kernel.ws/~pu...ino-x86.tar.bz2

Sorry for my complete idiotness in this issue, I had no idea I had upped the wrong build :S

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • 1,958 posts
I can do nothing but ;). It's no wonder that some icons were missing and not on yours. I had to install CominIcons and set the default theme :). Thanks for posting the new one. It works (on vmware) like a treat. Installing it on native soon.

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • 1,958 posts
I've been using the current build for the past 4 hours. Very stable. If it weren't for the flash not working, I would give it 5 of 5. I wish Macromedia would hurry the hell up with an x86 version. I'm still looking for a flash blocker so it doesn't crash Camino. Nonetheless, this build is now my default browser.

Here is a link to customize it even farther. I still haven't found a way to get the add-on prefs to work. Looking for feedbacks.

http://forums.mozill...ic.php?t=239270

Thanks Pu7o.

paulicat

paulicat

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but does anyone know why it cant use the x86 flash that Safari uses?

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
It's a mozilla bug I guess...

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • 1,958 posts
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mac:Intel

1. Intel Mac builds crash a lot right now because the Flash plugin included with newer builds of Mac OS X for Intel does not play nicely. Simply remove the plugin from your plugins folder when testing and things will get much less crashy. The problem has been brought to Macromedia's attention, and they are working on a fix.

This is bug 313347

paulicat

paulicat

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
Thanks for pointing that out to me...now I get it :D

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • 1,958 posts
This no longer works with 10.4.3 :D. Crashes upon start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy