X200M Southbridge package installer - WORK IN PROGRESS-

Prasys

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys

Finally installed OSX86 - OSX 10.4.8 [8.4.1 kernel] SSE3 [umm with SSE2 kernel] on my COMPAQ Presario M2512AU Notebook , with the following specifications :-

Mobile AMD Sempron 3000+ @ 1.8Ghz - works

512MB DDR RAM - works

40GB HDD - works

Broadcom BCM4311 rev2 Wireless - works

ATI SB400 - With Bulit-in Modem - no , AC97 Audio - works ,

ATI Xpress 200M graphics card - no QE/CI , OpenGL

CD-RW/DVD Drive -works

USB - 50/50 - iPod , Thumb-drive , camera works , but not any sort of HID devices such as Mouse , etc

What I am going to do is create a package installer that allows ATI Xpress 200M users to get their laptop working , with USB , and sound. Its because the USB Driver creates a confusion that disables the onboard trackpad and keyboard. To fix it , we need to remove the HID part of the kext. This could be hard for new-comers , plus i have tweaked the kext a little bit to enable USB2 support. I will be releasing in the package . I will then include the credits to the developers that started it all

cool.. thanks for the effort..

btw..

have u tried the natit driver on the x200 ?

i read the kext info and our device id seems to be there.. x5955 (listed as xpress series)

need someone to try this.. i have bad sector on my hdd and it will jeopardize my current installation to actually redo the partition..

Yes I have tried Natit with the x200, no such luck with or without Callisto. There was an interesting post about possible kernel issues being the cause of us being unable to get the x200 working with QE/CI.

See this post:

ATI x200m and other non-working chipsets ... an idea arising..., time to start brainstorming

or

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=34669&hl=

Also look at this article on getting the x200 working under Linux

Edited by errandwolfe

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I will be working on the new USB patch ...Just keep your fingers crossed !

sorry... are you still working on it???

i need working USB mouse on my laptop.... badly... arghhh!!!

compaq presario v2617la

xpress200M

sorry my english...

• 1 month later...

Hi Prasys, I am having problems with my notebook HP ZE2410br. I tried to install the IOUSBFamily.kext but my USB did not work. So I installed the apple developer debug driver + PCGenUSBEHCI kext and moved AppleUSBOHCI.kext. When the AppleUSBOHCI.kext goes up manually my keyboard and mouse disappear. Please help me!

Thanks. UserNet!

• 1 year later...

Hi Prasys,

Is this something you are still working on? I have an Acer 5102 (Specs below) Using your IOUSBFamily.kext it solves my slow HDD problems :D , but it knocks out my HID devices ;) .

Any help would be ace!

Thanks for your work so far!

M

• 5 months later...

its solve the slow speed but now i have the problem with the usb mouse and trackpad.

the trackpad recognized as mouse at System Preferences (before it was recognized as trackpad) and the mouse not working.. what i need to do?

thanks.

• 6 months later...

Excuse me i have 2 questions

1-do i have to install this after i have mac running? i mean i only have to double click the application and my pc will be able to recognize the keyboard and the sound?

2-Can i install mac os x in my toshiba with Celeron M? thank you for your attention and sorry for my ignorance

• 8 months later...

B4 installing IOUSBFamily - laptop keyboard and trackpad did not work and i was using usb keyboard and mouse.

i installed your kext and now none of my USB ports are working. I have no keyboard or mouse. How do i fix this.

I am running SL 64bit

Acer Aspire 5580

• 4 weeks later...
B4 installing IOUSBFamily - laptop keyboard and trackpad did not work and i was using usb keyboard and mouse.

i installed your kext and now none of my USB ports are working. I have no keyboard or mouse. How do i fix this.

I am running SL 64bit

Acer Aspire 5580

Try to use -s command to enter in darwin mode and remove the kext...