"The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. You will need to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point"

serpo

20 posts in this topic

Hey all im getting this error while trying to install with VMware "The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. You will need to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point." what shall I do, Iv searched everywhere

Well I used google and it took me to this forum. waht should I do now?

I typed "vmware enable pae" in google, and the second link found this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i...php/t20039.html

"

I have enabled PAE in my config file, though.

Here are the first four lines of my config file for this virtual machine:

paevm = "TRUE"

config.version = "8"

virtualHW.version = "4"

scsi0.present = "TRUE"

"

So, maybe paevm = "TRUE" is your ticket. Hope that helps a bit.

HI,

I've just installed mac osx 10.4.6 on vmware and i keep getting the same error as described in this post.

I have my vmx file with paevm="TRUE" in the first line.

My cpu is a core duo T2300.

I've read somewhere that it could be due to non support of SSE3 instructions but this cpu supports it.

Can someone help me?

Thnx

• 1 month later...

i had exactly the same trouble. but in my case it was only due to my mistake - i forgot to install the processor patches (they're to be chosen in the last but one step of instalation (before copying files)). installing them solved this problem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I still can't get this thing to install. There's a picture attached at where my "...CPU has been disabled..."

Specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.17GHz

1GB Ram

ATi Raedon X1300 256MB (PCI)

760GB HD Space (Total)

(The motherboard is Socket A, which only has SSE, but I'm using CBI to enable SSE2)

post-125485-1186879715_thumb.jpg

Disabling VT is what I would call a non-solution. BOGUS!

If it can't work with VT enabled, then why bother in the first place. VT is good for you.

VT is also only enabled in VMWare when running 64-bit operating systems as guest. Last time I checked Mac OS X isn't 64-bit. Only Leopard is 64-bit which also last time I checked isn't the same as 10.4.9. Leopard = 10.5.x

So what gives?

• 1 year later...

I was able to get past this error by disabling the SCSI cd/dvd drive that I was emulating and adding paevm=true to the vmx file. I'm not currently getting any further, but the error message doesn't pop up. This may or may not be helpful, but figured it was worth noting.

• 10 months later...
I was able to get past this error by disabling the SCSI cd/dvd drive that I was emulating and adding paevm=true to the vmx file. I'm not currently getting any further, but the error message doesn't pop up. This may or may not be helpful, but figured it was worth noting.

didnt help me :wallbash: