[How To] Solutions for Audio Problems

Rammjet

109 posts in this topic

Just FYI

MOTU 828MkII USB pro-audio interface works out of the box with the drivers off of MOTU's website, so long as your USB controller is compatible. I am on a vanilla ASUS P5K mobo running Kalyway 10.5.1 - no problems with it at all.

If anything, it runs better than on Windows, because XP drivers that MOTU wrote are essentially {censored}.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

IM using the ac97audio kext because i have the soundmax {censored}, it works fine sounds pretty good but as soon as i open garageband it kills my sound and no sound will work at all on any program until i delete the kextg and reinstall it. Any Help?

• 2 weeks later...

Edirol UA-25 and Cakewalk SPS-25 USB Audio Interfaces.

Just for the record, both interfaces (which are the same in hardware), can be used in OS X with the driver SoundBlaster.USB.Audio.Support.pkg.

You can find the driver here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=5069

Thanks to TPS who posted a reply with the file attached.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry196237

hey can any one help me i have a dell dimension 3100 with sigmatel 9200 sound card in the system preferences i have HD Audio but no sound i have tried AppleHDApatcher loads of versions and every time i put the code in i get the reboot screen straight away can anyone help me

thanks

I've scorn the whole forum and cant find any info about using a PCI SoundBlaster Live! as the sound card, any advice? Thanks in advance. I'm using my on board as sound now.

I'm very sorry to tell you that there's no support for sound blaster, and most likely never will be, since there's no such sound card for real macs to create a driver that can work with ours, so keep using you integrated one.

Hey guys!

Anyone knows something about M-Audio Revolution 5.1? I bought this sound card only because it says Mac Compatible on the box, but big surprise..... no support for Intel based Leopard! And now i can't find any drivers for Leopard. I'm running Leo4Allv3 on Asus P5KPL-E motherboard, and it installed smoothly without any errors. I'm just missing the M-Audio driver and the D-Link DWL-G520 wireless PCI driver.

Please help!

I think I am right in saying that my Creative SB Live! is not supported? But I think I should be able to get onboard sound.

I have Intel ICH5 AC'97 Audio Controller.

In the Kalyway 10.5.2 install process I selected the AC97 drivers for ICHx chipsets, but alas no sound.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

no one posted the solution for CMI8738 audio .. I have genius soundmaker value 5.1 with CMI8738 . and I found on wiki that it works with leo 10.5.2 with the CMI8738 kext. but I can't find one for 10.5.2

Some one please help couse I can't live without soud :P ... I had the integreated sound card wich worked on leo but I corrupted yesterday and now I'm withous sound

This file worked for me without any tweaks at all. I loaded it and my sound worked.

I am running Leopard btw.

Cheers

Thor

Thank you so much! It worked like a charm!!! :D

Cheers!!

hey guys I have a sigmatel 9721 with the sound card sound blaster audigy 2 zs on my kalaway 10.5.2 can anyone please get lead me to a code dump of the file. Thanks.

PS the comuter is Dell XPS400 ( not DellXPS 410)

Hello!

Update on the M-Audio Revolution 5.1

I found a new beta driver for Intel based Mac on the m-audio site, but it's still not working. After installation, i got "no pci card installed".

Can anyone help?

Please?

Hello,

I have an onboard AD1988B soundcard, but every time I install either AppleAzalia.pkg or Taruga's AD1988b installer rev 3, the sound works straight away but after a reboot the audio disappears (icon & entries under Built-In Audio)

I have repaired permissions on \System\Library\Extensions and cleared all the kext caches, but it still keeps happening.

Thank you for your time & advise.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if im doing something wrong, kinda new at the Os X thing.

I installed .41 NVinstaller and it told me to restart or hold the power button for a couple of seconds till it shutsdown. when i restart the computer and let OS x load i get the same restart error even before i can get it!

I have 10.5.2 installed.

On an AMD x2 64 4400+ Running OC'd @ 2.8ghz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all,

I'm thinking I'm quite stupid or something, but I'm unable to get sound in my rig (see signature).sad.gif

The strange thing is that the sound panel shows audio-in and out (using dikfferents AppleHDA from Taruga), but in fact there's no sound at all. I tried to plug the headphone jack in every pin hole (just in case), but still no sound. I changed BIOS settings to HD Audio, Non-Vista, removed AppleAzaliaAudio kexts, etc with no success...

I'm quite sure many people in the forum has the sound in this mobo working, and this one is specially good for a perfect hackintosh installation...but not to me, there's no sound at all. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, a little mistake or misspassing something, I don't know. I'd appreciate any help to solve this problem.

The mobo is new, purchased 2 weeks ago.

i'm looking for soundMax audio driver for motherboard "P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP" or Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, could anyone please show me where I can find these drivers? I installed the Kalaway 10.5.2 and everything is working fine except the sound card drivers. PLease help.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally! i'd lik eto confirm this for anyone searching that I go the audio working perfectly all 5.1 channels.

I am using leo4all v 10.5.2

Motherboard: m2n sli delux (asus)

soundcard integrated: Soundmax ADI 1988

All i had todo was download the AzaliaAudio.pkg and double click it - rebooted and worked fine :hysterical: