• 4 posts
How about intel PRO/Wireless 3945a/b/c?

fnesveda

fnesveda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I have a problem with nForce 550 and dual booting.

I installed dual booting with Leopard and Windows XP and after some MBR configuring I was able to even run the Windows XP as a virtual machine in VMware fusion, because it was recognised as a "Boot Camp Partition". Everything worked fine, until I installed drivers for ethernet in regular booted Windows XP. After that, the network in Leopard didn't work. I tried to reinstall the Leopard kexts and even reinstall whole Leopard, but nothing solved the problem. Any idea how to make it run?

Hardware:

AMD Sempron 3400+

MSI GeForce 8600 GS

MSI K9N Neo PCB v1.0

- Realtek HDA

- nVidia nForce 550

Software:

Windows XP Professional SP3 32bit

- original network drivers from MSI

iDeneb 1.6 Lite (Leopard 10.5.8)

- network drivers: forcedeth & nForceEthernet (ethernet worked only with these two together, not with forcedeth or nForceEthernet alone)

djR3Z

djR3Z

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I have a Foxconn Intel P55 mobo. How do I know which one to use? I can't get ethernet to work :)

light_angel

light_angel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks!

ZOleg

ZOleg

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Marvell Yukon 88E8071 do no work.

Unknоwn

Unknоwn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
ZOleg,

This network card and will not work because the drivers do not. But you can try this.

Maceshka.

JavaKrypt

JavaKrypt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Marvell Yukon 88E8056 - Works in Leopard and Snow Leopard 10.6.2, but when I updated to 10.6.6, I lost sound and networking.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,034 posts
It stopped working because you were using a modified AppleYukon2.kext inside the plugins folder of /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext, instead of doing the right thing.

Drop this in /Extra/Extensions to get your 88E8056 back: Attached File  LegacyAppleYukon2.kext.zip   1.99KB   49 downloads

nesnfsn

nesnfsn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Out of curiosity, my Sony Vaio VGN-AR840E is currently running 10.6.8. But from the moment I had successfully installed OSX with the Retail 10.6.3 Disc and Nawcom's CD, my laptop has not recognized that I have a Marvell Yukon 88E8055 Ethernet Controller. This is true, even though the Nawcom CD installed a LegacyAppleYukon2.kext and the IONetworkingFamily.kext in /Extra. I have read, and read (and G-d knows how many Google searches and searches on this website), and can't for the life of me figure out how to get this laptop to recognize my Marvell ethernet controller.

UNFORTUNATELY, I will need to be spoonfed if there is a solution, step by step. But, I will follow instruction to the letter. Thankfully my later installed Broadcom Mini PCI-E card works nearly OOB with Apple80211Monitor.bundle from 10.6.6. The bundle file from 10.6.7 is where the trouble started with slowed system response and touchy wireless connections.

Additionally, I have a nVidia G84 8600m GT video chipset within the inside of the laptop. Graphics Enabler, if I insert a key and YES string in com.apple.Boot.plist, results in a black screen in the notebook. I wonder if you, or anyone knows how to get my 8600m GT being recognized and using all of its resources so that my graphics abilities are enhanced from the minimal I can accomplish only through setting Graphics Mode with a string of 1280x1024x32.

matthew1111xbx

matthew1111xbx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Thanks for this post ;)

Just a tip, if you have Realtek RTL8xxxx ethernet card and after installing the driver it still doesn't work, go to the Advanced setting for Ethernet (under network "app") and change IPv6 from Automatic to Local Link only.

Hope this helps someone!

sume5h

sume5h

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
How about Broadcom 14e4:16b5 ethernet, anyone got this working in mountain lion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy