RadeonMonitor problems

Slice

134 posts in this topic

All works. Fantastic. There is a way to control Radeon Vega fan? 

The Vega fan speed is probably linked to the iMac Pro which has a Vega card with Heat Pipes and no fan just 2 system fans so it seems to run like a CPU or System fan.    About 30 seconds after boot it speeds up even at idle.    My temps for RX Vega 64 are 24C at idle and reach 84C during Luxmark Ball benchmark which is a 2+ minute heavy load bench.

The good news its that the GPU isn't overheating it stays cool its just overworking the fan, I feel cool air coming out of my IO port when at idle and it warms during heavy use but quickly cools down again at idle.     When Apple realeses the EGPU variants for Vega maybe they will provide new or different fan controls for the card.   

• 2 weeks later...

The Vega fan speed is probably linked to the iMac Pro which has a Vega card with Heat Pipes and no fan just 2 system fans so it seems to run like a CPU or System fan.    About 30 seconds after boot it speeds up even at idle.    My temps for RX Vega 64 are 24C at idle and reach 84C during Luxmark Ball benchmark which is a 2+ minute heavy load bench.

The good news its that the GPU isn't overheating it stays cool its just overworking the fan, I feel cool air coming out of my IO port when at idle and it warms during heavy use but quickly cools down again at idle.     When Apple realeses the EGPU variants for Vega maybe they will provide new or different fan controls for the card.   

I also tested the Radeon Pro Vega 56's driver in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update from bootcamp driver, when I using this driver, the GPU fan speed as high as it in macOS 10.13.2。

• 2 years later...

For those who are waiting for solution with Radeon VII and Radeon 5700 read please the topic and use for tests new kext RadeonPCI5-v2.

The purpose of tests is to find registers which change when GPU temperature increased.

See the whole thread about previous tests.

2 hours ago, Slice said:

For those who are waiting for solution with Radeon VII and Radeon 5700 read please the topic and use for tests new kext RadeonPCI5-v2.

The purpose of tests is to find registers which change when GPU temperature increased.

See the whole thread about previous tests.

Do we need to have clover for test? I use OC and I am getting:

pavle@iMac ~ % RadeonDump1 -n 6b0,c0300e0c

zsh: bad CPU type in executable: RadeonDump1

Thanks, this is the result:

pavle@iMac ~ % RadeonDump -n 6b0,c0300e0c            

Found a device of class RadeonPCI: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IGPU@2/RadeonPCI

it matched on name "display"

Assertion failed: (KERN_SUCCESS == kr), function main, file /Users/sergey/Downloads/RadeonPCI/RadeonDump.c, line 239.

zsh: abort      RadeonDump -n 6b0,c0300e0c

• 7 months later...