Help with nVidia 1050 Ti

frnic

9 posts in this topic

I am running installs of both Sierra and High Sierra on this build. High Sierra is waiting for drivers for the video. Sierra is at 10.12.6 now, and running latest web drivers. Everything is very stable and fast. The issue I have is my video ram is reported as 256MB and not 4GB. Does any one know if this is only cosmetic or does it affect the video performance? And what steps can I take to fix this?

Suggestions are welcome. As I said, I am running the current web drivers and everything "seems" to be fine, it just bothers me that the video ram is reported incorrectly.

Did you do some tests? How did you enable your video?

I have run a couple MMO's which seem to be benefitting from the upgrade from my previous nVidia 760 to this 1050ti. So, it would seem to be at least somewhat functional - that is why I asked if this was likely to be just a cosmetic issue. I have not done, and honestly would not know how to judge, any tests to quantitatively determine exactly how performant the card is.

To enable the card, I have SystemParameters -> nVidiaWeb checked, and Graphics->Inject Nvidia checked. I have nVidia driver Manager installed and the latest (376.05.05.25f01) nVidia web driver loaded.

abouthismac.png

Thank you very much, that solved my issue - I already had SystemParameters -> nVidiaWeb checked, but apparently Graphics->Inject Nvidia checked causes problems, and unchecking that and rebooting resulted in JOY!

Thank you very much.

• Like 1