Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 rev3.3 (beginner)

zeg66

159 posts in this topic

Ok I need to understand this !!!

Naughty Apple put some original kext where?

And what is the name of the original kext I must delete?

All this time I haven't done *anything* to the S/L/E or L/E folders. Just Clover/kexts.

• Like 1

Thank you, I did it. The offending kext was /S/L/E/IONetworkingfamily.kext and was overwritten by the one you just sent me.

There were some complaining messages but after ($sudo touch S/L/E), ($sudo kextcache -u /) and reboot now it's working again, phew!

Next issue: when I leave the computer for a few minutes, the screen goes blank and streaming audio stops. Is that normal for osx?

That is not very important, maybe it's a motherboard thing.

Let's go back to kexts. I have noticed that kext (IONetworkingFamily.kext) exists in two locations: CLOVER/kexts/10.11 and /S/L/E

Are both read/executed, is there a precedence, I mean which is read/executed last and did Apple replace both?

• Like 1

well I only replaced the kext in S/L/E and haven't removed the one in CLOVER/kexts/10.11 - now ethernet works fine.

so, is it safe to assume that whatever is in S/L/E gets read/executed last during the system boot process?

the reason I am asking is because I would like to create an "emergency" usb thumbdrive that contains Clover, the ElCap installer and the current CLOVER folder so, if the system gets messed up again, I could restore it to a running initial state.

Found this thread here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303631-sle-or-efi-for-kexts/

but nobody mentions the advantage of having all "extra" (and modified) kexts in CLOVER/kext/10.x folder for the sake of an emergency usb stick.

Thank you, I will study the guide. The heavy monster is here.

Hm, it appears that the method is for a macpro3,1 that already has ElCap running? This macpro has no harddisk so I have to start with a clean install, start with ElCap or use the 775 hackintosh?

ok I have a small sata3 120gb ssd free. let's use that one!

I have noticed on the Clover setup, you have chosen some "Drivers64UEFI" because the box is blue. Which drivers did you choose?

Can I use the "official" Sierra 10.12.3 installer? A friend gave me the InstallSierra.app on a flasdrive.