Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 rev3.3 (beginner)

zeg66

159 posts in this topic

same kernel panic.

this motherboard needs CSM to start with 9800GT, if I turn CSM off, the motherboard doesn't even start.

maybe the problem is with the Celeron CPU. I will try to look for a used i3-6100 cpu, if possible.

Can I ask two slightly different questions:

a. How do I enable PS/2 keyboard support on the working hack (gigabyte 775 motherboard, q6700 etc)?

b. How about an i5 SandyBridge laptop with HD3000 graphics, Realtek ethernet and Broadcom 4313 *or* Atheros AR5B97 wifi (I have a choice here) - can it be done with elcap or sierra?

Well, I have decided not to do anything with the laptop (yet) because it seems to me like a very complicated process and Yosemite may be getting a bit old.

However, I have managed to find a used i3-6100 cpu and it will be here on Monday. So I would like to continue with the H170 motherboard and Sierra when the cpu arrives.

Thank you for the initial Clover folder and the Guide. I don't see any RTL8111 kext in the kexts subdirectory, is it not necessary?

I didn't buy any GPU because I am hoping to get the onboard HD530 to work, no?

Can I ask some questions about the working hackintosh (775 motherboard, q6700, 10.11.6):

you sent me the VoodooPS2Controller. I am trying to understand how to install it so I am reading the instructions here:

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install

1. shall I install the VoodooPS2Controller.kext in S/L/E, in L/E or in the Clover kexts folder?

2. shall I also install AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext or is that not necessary anymore?

3. after I install the kext and Daemon, must I rebuild permissions and kernel cache with ($sudo touch) and ($sudo kextcache) ?

yes, PS2 keyboard works fine now, thank you!

next questions:

a. how can I get rid of the appstore notification to upgrade to Sierra (and the red circle with "1" in it)?

b. how can I change the orange harddisk icons to silver "mechanical drive" icons? I googled this and tried the Fix_Sata 0x0400 flag in Clover but it didn't work.

thank you although there appears to be no change. the harddrive icons are still orange and appstore still suggests I update to Sierra :-)

one other thing, by now I have 6 different versions of the config.plist file since the beginning of this Project. Which utility would you suggest I use to open and examine configuration files so I try and guess what the differences between them mean?

Oops, my mistake. Yes there is one update in the appstore but it is NOT for Sierra. It is for 5 other programs: DigitalCameraRaw, iTunes, RemoteDesktopClient, Safari and SecurityUpdate. Should I go for them?