• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Well, at the moment it's only available on Ivy Bridge & later models. For older models, it's available through SMBIOS faking as you indicated in post #16. That's all. Maybe Apple will extend this to other models in subsequent beta or final versions.

PMheart

PMheart

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 855 posts

Maybe we could use a Clover patch to fix the absence of Night Shift on unsupported Hackintosh
I am using MacbookPro 8,1 SMBIOS and I think there should be a way to transform that framework patch into a clover hot patch no?

EDIT
Sorry. My fault.

bs0d

bs0d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Nope. It could be impossible to implement patching framework by Clover. Just one reason - we don't know when the target framework has been loaded.

Patching kernelcache is very different. Because the RAM for kernelcache must be released by boot.efi and at that time Clover will patch the RAM for kernelcache.

Actually Clover will do nothing (have no ability to do) when boot.efi loads, or we can say after that.

Anyway. Clover can't patch framework, at least right now.

Maybe you should rethink your continued onslaught to 'appear' knowledgable, rather than continue to spew utter tosh like "that RAM needs to be released by boot.efi before a boot loader can patch it...... "

Too many people thinking and not doing has become the 'norm'

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

This is what worked. No longer have to use clover or any of that nonsense. Anyone that sees this, just make sure you re-sign the patched framework binary before you restart.

Thanks again for the link.

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Maybe you should rethink your continued onslaught to 'appear' knowledgable, rather than continue to spew utter tosh like "that RAM needs to be released by boot.efi before a boot loader can patch it...... "

I have been messing with hackintoshes since 2010 and in those 7 years I have found that there is a way to do anything, or make anything work. 

Download-Fritz

Download-Fritz

ygolohcysp desreveR

• Developers
  • 780 posts

we don't know when the target framework has been loaded.

True, they are loaded after kernel entry (kexts are always loaded to RAM pre-entry). There might be a way to patch the kernel code that loads the frameworks with an interception call (save context, do stuff, restore context and return) and grab the required addresses from stack/register (whereever they are saved), though I'm not sure how one would approach that.

Patching kernelcache is very different. Because the RAM for kernelcache must be released by boot.efi and at that time Clover will patch the RAM for kernelcache.

No clue what you are trying to say... UEFI offers no kind of memory protection (segmentation is off, paging is optional, but virtual mode will only be invoked after the booter exits BootServices, though still it's the XNU kernel that virtualizes later, because booter-side it makes little sense). You can access all memory at all times (might be MM memory is protected, though I guess that is platform-specific - it is not 'indexed' at least).

Actually Clover will do nothing (have no ability to do) when boot.efi loads, or we can say after that.

Check AptioFix, Clover (well, AptioFix in that case) does stuff even on kernel entry, throughout boot.efi execution

Seriously...

PMheart

PMheart

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 855 posts
Thanks for your excellent clarification!

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Hi,

I use a HD7750 ATI and a iMac14,2 smbios. As far as I understand, night shift should appear in monitor settings then, but it doesn't...

How to make it work here?

Allan

Allan

V.I.P. Member

• Supervisors
  • 11,537 posts
This section it's only for Apple Machines, not Hackintosh.

You can search if already exists a topic talking about that, and post on it.
If not, open a topic here: Post-Installation

And choose the correct OS X version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy