Upgrade to 10.11.5 killed my hack...one for Chris111? :)

19 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

After a pointer, as I've stupidly tried to upgrade 10.11.4->10.11.5 and its screwed my hack.....

My specs are as my sig below and I'd previously had a fully working hack, thanks to the help of Chris111 back in February.  I've even tried to rebuild again from scratch with a new usb, but both my usb from the previous build and the new one (using the installer v7 from Chris) won't work.

On the "new" usb installer, I've disabled all of the dsdt entries and used the boot args as per my first screenshot.  I keep kitting a kp just before the 2nd screenshot, and despite trying a few different args (e.g. nv_enabler=1) I am stuck.

Could one of you guys possibly help please?

post-621537-0-31319400-1464610175_thumb.jpg

post-621537-0-57400600-1464610206_thumb.jpg

hello

try to use osxaptiofixdrv2.efi

if u get to boot .. should update ur nvidia web drivers

good hack

thanks for this -where or how can i install it?  onto my original usb installer?? or is there i way i can get it onto the HDD that is currently not booting using CLI somehow???

hi...

if other previous tests do not give results..

talking about your first post..(.before the tip to delete IOBluet..)   ..if you can boot on safe mode (-x)..remove the appleHDA.kext from s/l/e on pen drive..

did you have patched AppleHDA before?

and disable serial and parallel port at bios..

c.frio

I decided to start again with the installer to avoid any confusion or conflicts, so followed your suggestion above (havent deleted IOBluetooth yet).  Its still rebooting after the IOBluetooth attempt (2nd pic in the OP).  Shall I delete this from the thumb drive also??

hi...

if other previous tests do not give results..

talking about your first post..(.before the tip to delete IOBluet..)   ..if you can boot on safe mode (-x)..remove the appleHDA.kext from s/l/e on pen drive..

did you have patched AppleHDA before?

and disable serial and parallel port at bios..

c.frio

I decided to start again with the installer to avoid any confusion or conflicts, so followed your suggestion above - also deleted the IOBluetooth.

Its gotten a little further, but with or without -x flag, i get the same kp - as per the screenshot attached

post-621537-0-99611900-1464635043_thumb.jpg

hi...

do you have any audio kext on your pen?

and I sugest ,you keep the IOBlueth... one...

only remove the appleHDA...

did you try to boot with "inject kext"too?

did you try the @arthur-pt suggestion?

c.frio

• Like 1

hi...

do you have any audio kext on your pen?

and I sugest ,you keep the IOBlueth... one...

only remove the appleHDA...

did you try to boot with "inject kext"too?

did you try the @arthur-pt suggestion?

c.frio

No Audio kexts created a brand new usb drive using Chris111's USB installer.  i'll put back the bluetooth family kext.....

didnt try arthur suggestion as i didnt want to try too many things at one.  where can i find the osxaptiofixdrv2.efi?

You can try this config.plist

Boot only verbose mode with Original Installer OS X 

( All Kext inside )

let me see the boot picture after

will try this first after replacing the IOBluetoothfamily.kext - unless you think i should also replace osxaptiofix-drv.efi with osxaptiofixdrv2.efi?....

will try this first after replacing the IOBluetoothfamily.kext - unless you think i should also replace osxaptiofix-drv.efi with osxaptiofixdrv2.efi?....

Yes for the first try

hello

man replace the ioaptifixdrv.efi

is a know issue .. in the update .. where u find it in clover installer .. how u get  the other ?

is that why i don't like the user friend installer .. u install something and don't know how u get there ..

i only see 1º pic after update and what is showing u have problems with that efi driver..

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/What-is-what

good hack

• Like 1

i only see 1º pic after update and what is showing u have problems with that efi driver..

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/What-is-what

good hack

I'm going to try that next - all other suggestions not working.  

I hear you regarding the user-friendly installer.  I've always done the usb manually before, but was lazy on the last build - i pay the price now!

Is it possible for me just to replace osxaptiofixdrv.efi with osxaptiofixdrv2.efi on the pen drive already created?

If so, where can i find the osxaptiofixdrv2.efi?

Thanks again for the help so far!

:)

I hear you regarding the user-friendly installer.  I've always done the usb manually before, but was lazy on the last build - i pay the price now!

This is nothing to do with the Installation, its a Major update of OS X and you have done this Update 

without any plan, a backup anything !

Whether you  use an install or a manual method, the result would have been the same

Too easy to put the blame on the installer
The simple program you use has a lot to install successfully on this forum and still works very well.
That the user of your Mac, no one can control .

Do you really think thats not append of the Manuel installation?
  • Like 1

Chris - not a criticism of your installer, but a criticism of me being lazy

I'll take the update remark on the chin though - first time I've done that too, without backup etc.

I have way less time these days, so found the installer very helpful - but I am clearly missing some important stuff out from not keeping up to date with developments in OS X and the small details to make it work with clover

Don't take this personally - I appreciate the work of you and all of the guys!

Oh - and I still have that crappy z97 mobo, which probably isn't helping!!

• Like 1

hello again

man .. u get other version of the efi driver in clover pkg installer

like i say .. i like chris work .. but is to easy .. really u don't know what u install before ..

anyway u have here .. and u can try to boot in the usb installer

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.zip

the path remember i show u .. in my desk .. u should find it in the usb

Captura de ecrã 2016-06-01, às 01.57.39.png

good hack

• Like 1

Hello there,

In addition to what everyone has recommended, disable SIP completely, set Csr active config to 0x67. The problem with your normal boot, memory allocation, is caused by SIP.

Best of luck.

• Like 2

Thanks to all for the extra suggestions.  

Just to add to the comedy, my crappy mobo will now not recognise the USB drive as a UEFI boot device!  I've used both Chris's installer and I also did a manual build of a USB drive for good measure - including replacing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with  OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi as suggested.

New mobo ordered, will start again with a (hopefully) better luck when it arrives.....

• Like 1