El Capitan installment guide by a noob ( For windows users without mac )

Shuuins

10 posts in this topic

Welcome to this guide by me Shuuin ! XD "WARNING GUIDE BY NOOB"

Before using this guide you need to know there is little i can help with!!

- Started using hackintosh 2 days ago ( 16-03-2016 ) this is just for those who doesn't have a mac nor know someone with a mac.

- I might be able to help with Graphics, i had some problems with Nvidia 780 ti, Black screen after instalment of Web drivers!

We'll be starting of with what you'll need to start this!

1. USB with 8GB of storage, mine was 16GB

2. Windows machine, i used Windows 10

3. TransMac. You can download it here click on ( tmsetup.exe )

4. You'll need El Capitan, you can download the .dmg i'm not allowed to share link!

(1) - Download and install TransMac. After installment right click and open "As administrator"

Now you should get an interface plug-in your USB then click Tools and refresh.

You should now see your USB stick. Right click on your USB stick and click "Format Disk for mac" then click Yes/Okay..

12XfvAq.png

(2) - USB stick is now formatted and your ready for install!

Before you do anything else, check and see if your download is done "El Capitan"

If it's done, then right click on your USB stick again in TransMac and click on "Restore with Disk Image" you'll now have to find your .dmg file, this file i named "EFI.dmg"

Let it finish, then when it's done loading then you're ready for install, on your Hackintosh machine. Before doing this, you have to do some things in your BIOS.

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up.
  2. Load Optimized Defaults before doing anything else.
  3. If your CPU supports VT-d, find the setting and disable it.
  4. If your system has CFG-Lock, find the setting and disable it.
  5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, find the setting and disable it.
  6. Set OS Type to Other OS, if applicable.
  7. Save and exit. Your machine should reboot.

5kIYtkK.png

My setup:

CPU: i5-4690K

RAM: 16GB

GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Ti

MotherBoard/Chipset: B85m Gamer / Intel B85

Problems i had!

Started out with having problems with my Graphics cards Web drivers.

After i installed CUDA and Web Drivers i got black screen, i then booted with nv_disable=1 after that i was on my desktop, still with bad graphics.

What i did to fix this was, open clover config and load my config.plist after that i then go to the "boot" option. Then i disabled everything and only enabled the nvda_drv=1 i then moved to Graphics and made sure the Inject NVidia was off and then turned on Inject Intel (remember to save config file). I rebooted and then booted into my Mac OS without the nv_disable=1 and everything was working fine!

I hope this guide was any help, if not ask!

Edited by JahStories
please, don't post links with copyrighted materials, even on PM, read the rules.
  • Like 1

Nice of you to help out others, and make a guide for them.

Though, my suggestion is that people try their best to get a copy of OS X from the app store. 

Yeah, but before i tried installing Hackintosh i had the problem. I knew no one with an mac so i had to do my search to find the .dmg file another place...

I understand. I am no moderator, but in my opinion piracy should not be suggested. :) Enjoy your new hack.

I am enjoying it.. Now i dont have to wait 10min for my photoshop and Illustrator to open XD

• Like 1

The easier way to create a bootable pen drive with an official App Store OsX installer when you have access only to windows, is doing it on a VM.

I tried that, but yeah the program i used for creating bootable USB just kept freezing.. I gave up and found an .dmg file and found out there was TransMac and it was a lot easier for me.. Plug, format and install

• 3 weeks later...

I tried that, but yeah the program i used for creating bootable USB just kept freezing.. I gave up and found an .dmg file and found out there was TransMac and it was a lot easier for me.. Plug, format and install

Now you don't need any of those! You can download Cvad's Clover installer, then choose what OS X you want to install, it will dl all the needed files and install them to your USB key. What it does is it downloads a recovery updater package and burn it on the USB instead of the whole installer. THEN you need to:

• Configure clover : Remove unnecessary drivers64uefi, add kexts (especially the Ethernet kext for most, if you have a compatible wifi, a wifi injector kext would do the work, os in general, the only kexts you need are FakeSMC, Eth/Wlan kext and VoodooPS2 for laptops), then configure the config.plist, either manually or downlaod one of the premade (mostly works) config.plist from RehabMan's repo (click on the file, click on RAW, "Save link as...", rename it to config.plist and remove the .txt extension).
  • Fix your FW/BIOS (obviously if you have one of those hard-to-work-with mobos or a mobile device that need special treatment)
  • Boot the USB and plug your Eth cable (plug it before booting, may fix some issues)
  • Enjoy.

I had a link from olarila.com which is a fully made OS X installer with clover backed in for legacy and UEFI booting, just burn it with dd for OSX/Linux or usbit or win32usbimagewriter for windows, configure clover, then boot the USB and enjoy. I trust them for not altering to the installer but they made changes for Clover to be compatible with a lot of builds (but surely will not work only with minor changes).

• 1 month later...

Now you don't need any of those! You can download Cvad's Clover installer, then choose what OS X you want to install, it will dl all the needed files and install them to your USB key. What it does is it downloads a recovery updater package and burn it on the USB instead of the whole installer. THEN you need to:

• Configure clover : Remove unnecessary drivers64uefi, add kexts (especially the Ethernet kext for most, if you have a compatible wifi, a wifi injector kext would do the work, os in general, the only kexts you need are FakeSMC, Eth/Wlan kext and VoodooPS2 for laptops), then configure the config.plist, either manually or downlaod one of the premade (mostly works) config.plist from RehabMan's repo (click on the file, click on RAW, "Save link as...", rename it to config.plist and remove the .txt extension).
  • Fix your FW/BIOS (obviously if you have one of those hard-to-work-with mobos or a mobile device that need special treatment)
  • Boot the USB and plug your Eth cable (plug it before booting, may fix some issues)
  • Enjoy.

I had a link from olarila.com which is a fully made OS X installer with clover backed in for legacy and UEFI booting, just burn it with dd for OSX/Linux or usbit or win32usbimagewriter for windows, configure clover, then boot the USB and enjoy. I trust them for not altering to the installer but they made changes for Clover to be compatible with a lot of builds (but surely will not work only with minor changes).

I have already tried using the Cvad's Clover installer. Never worked for me, the way i did this. Is the way that worked for me :)