Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

Here is a patched AppleHDA for the CA0132 codec, but unfortunately no output volume control, both inputs have volume control.

BTW. with Headphones the sound is very good.

Here is the kext (10.11.1) with working:

Line-Out
Headphone Rear (with amplifier)
Headphone Front (with amplifier)

S/PDIF-Out Rear (not tested)

Mic Rear
Line-In Rear

Not working:
Output volume control

AppleHDA.CA0132.kext.zip

If you don't use a dsdt and your audio ACPI device name is HDEF you don't need any edits, else set layout-id to 0

If you use voodooHDA and AppleHDAdisabler, remove those kexts

For X99 chipsets (maybe others) you probably need Toleda's AppleHDAControllerpatch

EDIT: 1

I've made some progress, here a few test files:

for 5.1 sound try this 5.1 no volume control

for 5.1 orange rear jack instead of front HP AppleHDA.kext_orange_rear.zip

for volume control, only rear LineOut and rear HP AppleHDA.kext_2CH.zip

If you have bad sound quality try this one AppleHDA.kext_2CH_s_quali.zip

Here a kext with volume control, output @green rear, black rear, orange rear, and green rear HP.

AppleHDA.kext 6ch C/Sub no front HP.zip

Another one with volume control, with working front HP, instead rear orange jack

AppleHDA.kext 10.11.4 front HP no C/Sub.zip

EDIT: 2

It seems, that the kexts from 10.11 doesn't work any longer @Sierra, so use this updated kexts:

AppleHDA.kext_10.12_front_HP.zip or AppleHDA.kext_10.12_C:Sub.zip

Fully patched kext for HighSierra:

AppleHDA.kext_10.13.1_layout-ID_0.zip

EDIT: 3

Since AppleALC is working well with this codec, i've not updated the kext any longer. Use the newest AppleALC instead, it contains the same resources.

The AppleALC kext needs the Lilu.kext to work properly!. Copy them to the Clover "Other" folder.

For multichannel and front headphones, you also need this CodecCommander.kext, install it to /L/E and repair permissions

You can try different layout-IDs, here a detailed description by joevt.

If you want to switch to the headphones or front microphone, try the CA0132AudioSwitcher.zip. Recommended if you use layout-ID 4, select the first output device.

post-448675-0-32133000-1511886447_thumb.png

Here is also a tool that you can play with

CA0132Tool_HP_imp.zip

post-448675-0-76124500-1512736036_thumb.png

If you have low volume on your high impedance headphones, try it with higher values. For now only if you use the rear jack.

If someone has found a data-sheet or similar for this codec, please share it, thanks

Some feedback would be usefull, thanks

Please don't add any patches that i've posted on this topic to your projects, when you ask people for donations, thank you.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Can you give me information,, what binary that you patched??? :)

I need to use patch on the fly with clover

<dict>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AIjsGg==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				EQACEQ==
				</data>
			</dict>
<dict>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				dBmtFQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				EAACEQ==
				</data>
			</dict>
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. I've changed my SMBIO from 6.1 to 14.2 and now I get something from AppleHDA.

I get Line-Out, Microphone, Digital-Out but it says "The selected  device has no output control"

I also have Line-In which seems to be working fine.

Nvidia HDMI outputs are still not present.

BTW, this is what DCPI Manager reports: http://i67.tinypic.com/qq692w.png

Thank you. I am fairly certain I can fix the HDMI issues on my own.

However for the CA0132, I need your help. It might be the case that my pinout is different then yours?

Anyway, I will check the System Profiler when I get the chance. Right now it's new year's eve and I am away. Happy New Year!

Your codec is almost the same, have you tried all the outputs ?, all green ports + front HP

This codec has an DSP controlled by widget 0x15 and 0x16, the Linux community also had issues with this codec, creative labs doesn't share their specs

I will upload another kext later with 3 outputs, but keep in mind there is no volume, balance control

AppleHDA.kext.10.11.2.zip

• Like 2

Hi! Thank you so much!

I am using your new Kext.

Now I have under output:

LineOut

Headphones

LineIn

DigitalOut

Samsung (it's my TV - HDMI)

Edit:

I just realised I had a residual Kext in Clover. I removed it and now I have:

Output:

LineOut (changes to Microphone when unplugged)

Headphones

LineOut

DigitalOut

Samsung (it's my TV - HDMI)

Input:

Internal Microphone

Unfortunately, it doesn’t matter what output I choose, iTunes or any other video/audio will not play at all (it remains paused). The only exception is the HDMI output obviously, which plays anything.

Maybe it’s something to do with my Clover Config.

I’ve tried this in Clove:

-> no FixHDA in Clover

-> no HDA check in DropOEM_DSM

-> no Audio inject

-> yes ResetHDA

result => only HDMI sound, no other output is visible

-> no FixHDA in Clover

-> yes HDA check in DropOEM_DSM

-> no Audio inject

-> yes ResetHDA

result => only HDMI sound, no other output is visible

-> yes FixHDA in Clover

-> yes HDA check in DropOEM_DSM

-> no Audio inject

-> yes ResetHDA

result => HDMI and all above mentioned outputs are visible, but they won’t play

-> yes FixHDA in Clover

-> no Audio inject

-> yes ResetHDA

-> yes FixHDA in Clover

-> Detect Audio inject

-> no ResetHDA

I’m out of ideas.

I am very grateful wern for all your support! it was more than I could have hoped for. I am thinking of trying to patch the AppleHDA on my own, but at this point, I have no clue how to do it, but at least I have the codec dump, which I know it's the first step.

Strange it should be Headphones

I also had this issue, you have to install the creative software under windows and switch from headphones to 5.1 once

I just tried that, but had no affect. The port is reported as LineIn when plugged in, and headphones when unplugged.

At this point I feel I have no choice, but to do a complete clean install of OS X and see how that turns out.

Someone else with the same board claims VoodooHDA works without an issue, which is not the case for me:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310187-ga-x99-gaming-5p-10112-success-waterdragon

I guess I must have messed something up.

• Like 2

Ok, so using the info provided here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310187-ga-x99-gaming-5p-10112-success-waterdragon byiWanderer I got the computer to work with VoodooHDA , line-out is working, headphones and microphone is working. 

I deleted from Clover VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler and tried to get one of your AppleHDA kext to work. Unfortunately none of them worked. They get loaded and DPCI reports the correct codec for each audio device, but I have no outputs whatsoever. 

I think this is related to the DSDT I am now using thanx to iWanderer. 

Anyway, as far as I know AppleHDA has better sound quality that VoodooHDA (correct me if I am wrong), plus VoodooHDA has no 5.1 support. I will try to get iWanderer involved in this discussion, he seems to be a lot more knowledgeable than I am.

If the SystemProfiler shows you Audio-ID: 0 and the AppleHDA.kext is @/S/L/E not clover folder it should work.

I've made some reverse engineering and volume control is working,  DSP is also possible  :yoji:

@Blacky, for me the Apple kext sounds better, especially with x-bass which is my favorite.

• Like 1

you are absolutely right. It's Audio ID: 9 instead of Audio ID:0 . Trying to google to see how could fix this. Any help would be appreciated. 

EDIT: I fixed it.

So this is how it looks like: http://www.mediafire.com/view/3c2p6o7626bc67q/Screen%20Shot%202016-01-09%20at%2021.14.45.png

These are my output: http://www.mediafire.com/view/oapa695vljhybd5/Screen%20Shot%202016-01-09%20at%2021.15.29.png

Unfortunately none iTunes would still refuse to play anything. I don't understand what the problem is. It's like ... the sound card is there but the system refuses to use it. I wish I could know what is going on.

Thank you Blacky you're the only one who gives me feedback  :thumbsup_anim:

Have you tried this voodookext ? 

attachicon.gifVoodooHDA.kext.zip

Another one with working 5.1 Sound, Center/LFE  @HP (front green), unfortunately still no volume control

Please give me feedback!

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_5.1.zip

Sorry for Late Reply

Did you make another binary patch for this kexts??

Sorry,, i saw at HDAConfigDefault there are many codec with layoutid 0 and try to change this to "2". For your information, i use axbite method to Patch AppleHDA. It try to include it, and now my sound is working. Good 5.1 Audio :D

Did you make another binary patch for this kexts??

sound worked

10.11.2:

Find :       0088EC1A

Replace : 11000211

Find :      7419AD15

Replace : 00000000

Edit: yours are still managing to enable

volume control only with Soundflower?

sound worked

10.11.2:

Find :       0088EC1A

Replace : 11000211

Find :      7419AD15

Replace : 00000000

Edit: yours are still managing to enable

volume control only with Soundflower?

Aye.

I have done like this:

qy66ir.png

But still no playback.

@Andreas

I am not sure what you mean by HDAConfigDefault .

As I said before, I will think my only option is a clean reinstall of OSX and see from there what happens.

@Blacky your ioreg looks ok, i think its better to use ioregexplorer 2 (ver. 3 makes really huge files)

@Andres with layout-id: 0 you don't need any dsdt edits beside HDEF name, axbite ??

@Mirone i don't understand your question, with my first patched kext i've no volume control, only with soundflower

@All, please try this kext for volume control, you have only LineOut and rear HP, no multichannel

AppleHDA.kext_2CH.zip

• Like 1