Intel Atom X5-8300 (Cherry Trail)

33 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this may be the wrong forum to post this but I would like to know if it would be possible to run OSX Yosemite or El Capitan on the Intel Atom X5-8300?

I know it may require a modded kernel or something through Clover but it would be incredible to be able to run it.

Can people please let me what they think.

Thanks

nscxp2005

I have already described above, that the source of El Capitan is not yet published, therefore it is not possible at the moment. I think that apple will publish the source in this or in next week? we have been waiting for a while on the source.

Edit:

still waiting for about five minutes, then the kernel will be finished. then you can test

Edited by spakk

the kernel will work,  as no errors were generated in the building of the kernel. :D

( but the thanks go to Tora Chi Yo )

10.10.5-IPCA-B3.zip

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

after you have created the USB Stick with Disk Utility or an auxiliary tool, eg by Chris1111, then create the folder /System/Library/Kernels/   then put the kernel in to the folder

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There are a lot of tools to check the hardware in as far as the hardware is compatible to OS X. Use as the SystemInfo.app, this app is for various operating systems. This means that you can test this, before installing os x.

I have no experience with your hardware. if you can create the evaluation with systemInfo.app on your hardware, then it's possible to make statement.

• Like 1

who have no idea ;) , Developer for ( OS X ) hackintoshs there are only here on insaneleymac.com :rolleyes:

eg. you can not ask Microsoft Developer whether a Personal Computer is with OS X compatible, they will laugh at you,

and will argue that this will not work.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello

I am a new follower of this topic, because i am a backer of this mini pc:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/139108638/lattepanda-a-45-win10-computer-for-everything?ref=nav_search

I would like to know if there is any news for Mac Compatibility about X5-8300 series.

Thank you

Someone should try.

Clover has a function FakeCPUID as well as numerous patches.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, did anyone get a Cherry Trail or following Braswell SoC type like stuff work under OSX - Older version will be fine as well

look here patched kernel for Mavericks 10.9.5

Yosemite 10.10.5 is also possible but El Capitan is not to think about at the moment. source is not yet published.

I'd like to be able to run Xcode - Even if not latest atleast versions from 2015 that allow side loading of apps and little app dev - not major. 

Which OSX version allows the above to run..? and can I run that OSX on a Braswell SoC box? 

• Like 1