Weird Screen on Yosemite 10.10.4 AMD Radeon 7670m

Aurelius Vito

5 posts in this topic

Hey there, I want to ask about a problem in my hackintosh. The screen of my hackintosh is weird. The color of the screen is very weird as you can see in the picture. In the picture is my laptop. post-1424678-0-68750800-1443674900_thumb.jpg

But it's very weird, because the problem is only in my laptop. In my second monitor, which is connected to my laptop with HDMI cable, the colors are normal. The second picture is for comparison :)

post-1424678-0-27303600-1443675006_thumb.jpg

Please give me some advice. Thanks for your help

Hey there, I want to ask about a problem in my hackintosh. The screen of my hackintosh is weird. The color of the screen is very weird as you can see in the picture. In the picture is my laptop. attachicon.gifIMG_1812.jpg

But it's very weird, because the problem is only in my laptop. In my second monitor, which is connected to my laptop with HDMI cable, the colors are normal. The second picture is for comparison :)

attachicon.gifIMG_1817.jpg

Please give me some advice. Thanks for your help

Inject EDID :D

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi! Did any of you manage to overcome this issue with the colours? I have an identical screen setup issue as the OP (not identical HW), integrated screen has perfect colours without QE&CI but when I enable QE&CI (Load VBios = True in Clover) I always receive a screen with the same weird colours. I've tried many different framebuffers (Cattail currently used) but the best outcome with VBios enabled is this. TV connected via HDMI works with perfect colours!

Also I tried changing the colour options and when I selected a profile with darker colours more "real colours" appeared on the screen, but this is not a fix as I noticed the quality of the picture is not 100% perfect, it's pixelated and it's all to do with this weird colour issue. I would guess that the computer is sending "too many colours" to the screen and it's not able to handle the extra levels of high and low colours...? Strange thing it works perfectly well unaccelerated.

Specs:

Acer Asprice 8950G (laptop)

i7-2670QM

AMD Radeon 6650M 1024MB (autodetected as 6750M)

• 1 year later...