El Capitan doesnt start(after update), even after copy FakeSMC to S/L/E..

shephart

37 posts in this topic

Hi. Today i updated my El Capitan Beta 1 to Beta 2. And now i have kernel panic. AppleCpuManagment .. I use Clover as Bootloader. I tried to copy FakeSMC to S/L/E and -f, and nothing... I have installation pendrive. Any ideas, how to let it works? 

Try to remove all PlugIns in FakeSMC.kext and you can install FakeSMC's plugins separately.

how, if i cant boot OS? I dont have any plugins. I just used only FakeSMC.

Try in single user mode and after use a command!!!!

I can't boot to single user mode because i have kernel panic...... Screenshot in attached files... 

post-1508771-0-19687500-1437920584_thumb.jpg

Boot to the recovery partition or installer by injecting FakeSMC with Clover, then use the terminal to delete FakeSMC's plugins (usually located in FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns). I had to do that in my system in order to boot after the latest update.

• Like 1

Boot to the recovery partition or installer by injecting FakeSMC with Clover, then use the terminal to delete FakeSMC's plugins (usually located in FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns). I had to do that in my system in order to boot after the latest update.

you can atm NOT inject kexts with clover (or any bootloader) for 10.11 pb2 / dp4.

Put FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement to S/L/E or L/E

remove /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/***

boot with clover...auto rebuild kernelcache.....auto reboot...it should work with rootless=0 and dev-kext-mode=1

• Like 1

Can u Tell me how to fix it? I'm totally green with it. Before kernel panic, in loading, in verbose mode, i got lot information about "failed to load FakeSMC, Realtek***, and NullCpuPowerManagement :).. Maybe its useful info. 

You DON'T need to put kexts into L/E or S/L/E for that matter.

As long as kexts have right permissions and are accessible at boot ( meaning NOT on ESP )

then you can make an rc.server script in /etc ( with appropriate permissions ) and kextload them from where they are ;)

Hi Stylvnub can you provide an example as to how such an rc.server script would look please. Also is the Clover ForceKextsToLoad options in config plist another option that might work?

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#ForceKextsToLoad

Thank you.

Put FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement to S/L/E or L/E

remove /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/***

boot with clover...auto rebuild kernelcache.....auto reboot...it should work with rootless=0 and dev-kext-mode=1

okay so, no more kernel panic. But its loading long... i rebuilded kernel cache. Should i wait? The loading bar is full and nothing happen... 

wait? for what? boot to Desktop? still cannot boot to system? i do not understand?

No more kernel panics, but i cant boot to desktop. :) It's loading, loading and nothing. 

No more kernel panics, but i cant boot to desktop. :) It's loading, loading and nothing. 

Sorry, didn't know what's wrong with your pb2.

Need to put all kexts as FakeSMC.kext to SLE or LE and rebuild kernelcache before update to beta2.

• Like 1

To reinstall the beta1 and Need to put all kexts as FakeSMC.kext to SLE or LE and rebuild kernelcache (before) (update to beta2.).

To be installed Thap old without removing it.

• Like 1

and.... If you put the hardware spec in your signature can be more easy that someone advice you ;)

No problem :) 

I have off top question... How to check why i have freezes? After freeze i dont have internet connection. I have to reset computer to solve reset connection. They are rarely, but annoy.

• Like 1