Samsung NP740U3E-A01UB Sound

FireSokar

9 posts in this topic

Hello, Everyone.  I am working on getting my laptop setup as a hackintosh.  One of my problems I am attempting to tackle first will be sound.  I currently have my audio working using voodoohd.  But from what I can tell this is more of a bandaid approach.  I would like to use the true realtek drivers for it.  Some research online suggests I need to use the ALC269VC driver for yosemite.  The ones i have tried do not work and nothing shows up under system preferences.  I have tried w/ what i believe is a correctly patched DSDT for it (I made it) and it did not work.  DPCIManager does not show codec name or anything unless I have voodoohda installed.  It was showing the device and sub device for hdmi that is all.  Right now the audio device I am showing is the following:  

(Sound Card)

Audio Device: 0x80861E20

Sub Device: 0x144DC0E8

Codec ID: 0x10EC0269

Revision: 0x0202

Codec Name: Realtek ALC269

(HDMI)

Audio Device: 0x80861E20

Sub Device: 0x144DC0E8

Codec ID: 0x80862806

Revision: 0x0000

Codec Name: Intel HD 4000 (Ivy Bridge) HDMI

Any help is appreciated!

I am using clover.  Installed those 2 files and already had that flag enabled.  I am in the same situation as before no sound using those kext files.  Nothing shows under output and DCPI Manager doesn't list the audio card and the HDMI audio output only has partial information in it Device ID and SUB Device.

When you deleted the VoodooHDA and installed these 2 .kexts, did you remembered to repair disk permissions and rebuild the cache?

Run this command too:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

I wanted to take the time to update everyone on this.  I ended up reinstalling OS X and used the alc269 drivers and the hdaenabler3.  It all works now.  I do have problems with sleep but the thread says to try eapd commander so I will open a new thread if I run into additional issues.  Thanks for the help!